Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 BETA is out now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I donno what you guys are smoking. BC2 was quite fun on the PC and looked great, although at launch it was terrible. Even their beta for it was craptastic, but way better than some POS COD game. Don't get me wrong, I like COD, but since MW2 and on, they haven't changed one damn thing. Might as well call all COD games for now on as expensive expansion packs. I think COD is more detrimental to the de-evolution of the fps genre; atleast BF3 tries to put the power back on the PC and its going to be more note worthy to play this on the PC.

Plus they whole heartily started the stupid trend of spending $15 for 4 maps. GRRRR At least the last BC2 patch gave out free maps. I wish DICE released an SDK map building feature for the mod community, but we all know this will never happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:17 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

JBaz wrote:
I donno what you guys are smoking. BC2 was quite fun on the PC and looked great, although at launch it was terrible. Even their beta for it was craptastic, but way better than some POS COD game. Don't get me wrong, I like COD, but since MW2 and on, they haven't changed one damn thing. Might as well call all COD games for now on as expensive expansion packs. I think COD is more detrimental to the de-evolution of the fps genre; atleast BF3 tries to put the power back on the PC and its going to be more note worthy to play this on the PC.

I think I didn't explain myself very well.
The Battlefield series is one of my favorite games of all times, and so far I'm loving BF3 and I absolutely loved BC2 but what I have been noticing is that in this PC vs Console and originality/greatness/you Need Skill To Play This Game vs "We need to make money so we'll mainstream" war is that little by little many games (including BF) are being affected by the decisions to make the games more appealing to everyone and thus ruining the game for some of us.

And I shouldn't comment on COD, I had the chance to play Black Ops (multiplayer) for a whole weekend and I didn't like it one bit because of all the reasons you hear on some flame wars, but it's so popular that many games want to copy some stuff from it, and I think that eventually BF will have a lot of similarities with COD, they are already trying to compete with it and I think they shouldn't, just keep making the same great game you have made in the past and forget what everyone thinks (but we all know that isn't going to happen)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:13 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

What?... BF3 is not trying to be like COD or even competing for the same kind of first person shooter experience. Far from it. It's still very much a team oriented game. No COD will ever come close to this. They are just mostly FFA maps that happen to be semi-ok as team death matches. Even their CTF and other "team" modes still feel like FFA's. Just run and gun, then hide, wait for your health to restore after 2 seconds and repeat. The most annoying thing is all of the kill streaks, they just overpower the game and just feels so arcadish compared to COD4 or even older COD's.

And explain to me what features in BF3 is making it "more mainstream"? BF3 isn't going to grab the frat boys like MW2 and so on does.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:17 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Definitely starting to feel more like cod.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:47 pm 

JBaz wrote:
What?... BF3 is not trying to be like COD or even competing for the same kind of first person shooter experience. Far from it. It's still very much a team oriented game.

The battlefield franchise started trying to be likde COD when they added Squad Deathmatch, RUSH, and the horribly small ass maps they put out with BC2. Up until they started getting the console weenies on board with the game the BF series was all about vehicles and large maps, 1942, Vietnam, etc. I'm just hoping Conquest makes up for the other garbage they've added to the game just to get more sales for consoles. Just look at what 95% of the beta was all about. Small spawnpoint camping maps.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:03 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

BC2 maps small? the smallest maps is going to be for squad death match (16 man server) or squad rush (8 manserver) and even then, they were about the same size as normal COD black ops maps. RUSH and Conquest in BC2 maps on a full 32 player server was bigger than any COD map. I like rush since its a different take on conquest. They may not be 1942 or BF2 large, but they were still sizable and allowed for more fighting/conflicts than the usual running for 5 mins and then a fight.

Most of the maps are large and offer a good balance, but its mostly sided against the defenders. It's still very much team oriented. A good tank driver with support can dominate a match. They had a good balance between vehicle and infantry fighting in BC2, but it took a while.

And did you not get to play Caspian? That's a HUGE map. They didn't release Caspian until the last 2 days because they had to fix the lag issues on that map. Firestorm looks to be an even bigger map, putting air combat back in the role.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:10 am 

Total map size was big for BC2 but for the RUSH stuff you were basically held to one local area until you got to like the 3rd and 4th Mcom and then WTF would you be doing way back at the first spawn point anyways? My point is they held you to one local area so it made the maps smaller just like in COD. No, I did not get to play Caspian. I'm hoping the final release of BF3 changes my mind because I've been looking forward to this game for a long time now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

I miss Battlefield 2.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:23 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

its funny how there are almost no servers left in BC2 yet BF2 has a lot. Also, I've been playing Tribes 2 lately; picking back the ole games. Who needs BF3 when I can fly with a jetpack and shout "Shazbot"? lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

There are still servers up for Tribes2? :shock: What game browser are you using? That game was a lot of fun...spent many hours on it.

Nasty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:20 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Nastyman wrote:
There are still servers up for Tribes2? :shock: What game browser are you using? That game was a lot of fun...spent many hours on it.

Nasty

OH HELL YAH! 35 servers online right now and there's always people on playing, even 3am on a Thursday. lol

Plus, its completely free... So is the original tribes.

http://www.tribesnext.com/downloads

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:58 am 

JBaz wrote:
Nastyman wrote:

Nasty

OH HELL YAH! 35 servers online right now and there's always people on playing, even 3am on a Thursday. lol

Plus, its completely free... So is the original tribes.

http://www.tribesnext.com/downloads

Hmm Tribes 2? and Free? I will have to check this out tonight....never played Tribes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:18 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

if you never played tribes or T2 before, just be warned, its got a steep learning curve and lots and lots of buttons. Literally, the games uses your who keyboard... But once you figure out the mechanics, there's nothing like dishing your enemies in midair with a spinfusor from 100 meters away. Just the *ding* sound of it hitting is almost orgasmic.

I was kinda disappointed with Tribes Vengeance that followed T2; even though it got decent reviews, they neutered the whole Tribes feeling to make it simpler for n00bs to play.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:54 pm 

You got a UserName for Tribes2? Maybe if I have some time between kids, work, and school we can play?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Same alias as my MPC name "JBaz", also I use this for every game mostly. I normally play on the "Good Haven" server. It's the most populated by humans.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:41 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Real Life BF3 360 Simulator

Last edited by JBaz on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:12 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

JBaz wrote:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR49JGySTM]Real Life BF3 360 Simulator

Hmmm, is that real? the way they presented it makes me think it isn't.
It would be really cool if it where.

and btw...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:52 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

its real... they going to unveil more about it on the 26th.

I need to do a clean install of win7, might do that this weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:09 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

That's so cool, if you hear more about this let us know.

The only problem I see is that the paintball would be very painful in Multiplayer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:15 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

this game is dope... final build is seriously miles ahead of the alpha/beta. Impressed and multiplayer actually works! wah???? hehe

Although, my SLI 570 doesn't work for the game even on the latest drivers, but I am getting 60fps on one card on high setting.