Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: modding a case
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:52 pm 

this is my first post: not sure if its the right spot but it looks like it :mrgreen:

i just got a pretty old case from a friend and want to mod it and transfer all my hardware to that case but my question is, im cutting the 2 side panels tomorrow and plan to add some plexiglass to each side but im only doing like a little circle on each side, so i was wondering how yall add that? i guess what im trying to say is do yall just over lap it behind the orignal case? and what do yall use to make it stay? i also am adding a new front panel since the old one was from like 1995 and was pretty bad... lol but i was wondering how do i make a power switch? is there a good website to buy them from or should i just try and make my own? please dont be to harsh on me if i said something wrong :S

Post subject: Re: modding a case
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:53 pm 

okay i figured out the power switch problem myself, just yanked one off a old system. just gotta find a button for it now :) but anyways i got my panels cut today and going to buy some plexiglass and sheet metal later this week, still wondering if you just bolt it behind the panel or you use some kinda special glue or something.. just want it to look good and not fall off lol.. plan on adding a 120mm fan to the front and 2 80mm fans to the top.. thinking of either a candy green or maybe color changing paint? any suggestions.. prolly going with green led fans if i can find them cheaper then i can buy at staples..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:55 pm 

just use 3m double sided tape, you can get it pretty much anywhere. also if u want a clean look around the edge get some U-channel molding from ur local hardware store and put it around the edge of the opening that u cut on ur side panels then just cut a square of plexi glass that is big enough to cover the whole hole plus over lap by the width of the tape on each side of the hole n then just tape it on to the back. if you wanna get stylish u could drill out a couple holes for screws and bolt the plexi on but you chance cracking the plexi when drilling it if you do it to fast or use to much pressure. easiest way is just use the tape. hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:55 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Woah... this brings me back, modding my friend's Pentium 233mhz HP computer with a piece of plexiglass, some glass edging, a cheap UV cathode and some LED's. We did it for an old computer class in high school, was pretty funny. We also replaced his on button with the military grade switch with the cool red guard. Ole... memories. Can't defrag or delete them.