Post subject: Battlefield 3 BETA is out now
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:48 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 BETA is out now
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:18 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Anyone with XP don't bother because it was written for win7....found out the hard way :mrgreen:

Nasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:11 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Nastyman wrote:
Anyone with XP don't bother because it was written for win7....found out the hard way :mrgreen:

Nasty

You're not missing much, it's a CQC map that doesn't fit with the usual BF gameplay with a lot of glitches.

on the other hand... it's looking pretty good, and it feels good to be able to tell the dev how you want the game to be (I hope they listen since judging by the beta they messed a lot of thing the fans liked from previous BF games)

hmmm, I guess this post is what you would call an oxymoron :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:18 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Can you go prone in the game, BF2 you can't? I never saw a war game that didn't have it except for them. This is just stupid in my humble opinion.

Nasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:51 am 
Klamath
Klamath

In bad company 2, you could not go prone. Battlefield 3 has prone enabled, along with this new thing called suppressive fire that kinda stuns enemies when you shoot up their cover. It feels a lot different to play than bad company 2.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:14 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i tried getting online but it wouldnt find a server.. also it wants me to install a beta nvidia update ..im not so keen on beta updates how would it affect my other games i play regularly ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:35 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

That is risk you run when you are a Beta tester. :wink:

Make a restore point before you do anything!

Nasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:16 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

jktz122 wrote:
i tried getting online but it wouldnt find a server.. also it wants me to install a beta nvidia update ..im not so keen on beta updates how would it affect my other games i play regularly ?

I'm playing it not using the beta updates from ATI and it's working fine (having the same issues as the other players)

Take a look at this video if you want to have a lolz at the game glitches, some of them are very funny, others a little frustrating

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:34 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Just wondering, would you guys be be interested in making a Maximum PC platoon?

I would love to play with you guys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:25 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I can't run the game, you have to be running win7 and I am running winXP.....so no BF3 for me.

Nasty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:31 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

The whole thing was a pretty good exercise in frustration. I'm glad I didn't preorder it. Battlelog doesn't work, you can't join as a party, you can't change squads, you fall through the maps, players glitch to look like corpses that then shoot you in the face and lots of other fun stuff. Most fun I had was when I unlocked "sprnt" and chuckled for a bit at a George Carlin joke it reminded me of.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:43 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

jktz122 wrote:

For some reason, the "quick match" button stopped working on the 2nd day of the open beta; comes with the message about "failed to ping closest servers". Anyhow, you can just manually find a server to join in on in the server browser with little effort.
Nastyman wrote:
Can you go prone in the game, BF2 you can't?

The original BF2 had prone, they omitted it in Battlefield Bad Company 2 to counter the snipers being too easy to hide in tree's and bushes. Although, for competition play, my clan makes everyone play in forced dx9 mode with all the screen candy on low to find the "wookies". heh

I think the snipers scope glare is a great counter to find the snipers hiding in bushes in BF3.

I just upgraded from my AMD 5870 to the MSi gtx 570 this week. I was running the beta 11.10 catalyist drivers for BF3 and I was not happy, but to be honestly, the only stable drivers I ever had on my system for the 5870 was the original 10.8 that came with the card. All drivers after have sucked so bad, I have expressed my anger in multiple of ways.

I'm just glad I'm back on nvidia with rock solid drivers, even though I'm running their beta drivers for BF3. The new AMD drivers would cause textures in games to flash once in a while (once a min or so for a frame), the secondary screens on the system would spaz out with glitches and some games would have even worse graphical errors that would be completely unplayable.

This 570 is nice. Although in fraps, it says that I'm getting 1-2 average frames less than what I was getting on the 5870 in BF3 beta, but I'd say that's only because AMD drivers just suck. At least I'm not experiencing graphical errors or crazy spazing out like a meth head 2nd screen. And I have CUDA cake to enjoy too.

XoRn wrote:
The whole thing was a pretty good exercise in frustration. I'm glad I didn't preorder it. Battlelog doesn't work, you can't join as a party, you can't change squads, you fall through the maps, players glitch to look like corpses that then shoot you in the face and lots of other fun stuff.

Yeah, but its a beta. Final build won't be this bad. Its the same build as the alpha and was mostly to stress test the backbone/server network; its not a demo. Battlelog does work and I think its a great way to connect a community to a game. The party system works... up to a point. My clan has found that more than 4 people and the party join system will be hard to deal with, but we were successful in having a 7 man party join one server.

And yes, I agree, the menu layout and no squad control was an oversight on their part for the beta. Lots of glitches, falling through maps and shooting through rocks are just a small bit of a much larger list of stuff they need to fix. But as far as gameplay goes, I enjoy it. I just wished they opened the Caspian map for everyone to enjoy instead of the first four days for the select few who were able to gain the server passwords and player slots to join.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:12 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i did choose manually after quick match didnt work.. but that when i got the message about d/l the beta nvidia update and im not keen on beta ..ill wait till nvidia officially releases that update and then try bf3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:06 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

you can just ignore it and run the drivers you have now... and the nvidia beta drivers are more stable than any complete amd drivers.

And whats wrong with beta drivers for a beta game? I guess the Charlie build would sound more inviting... huh? lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:54 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

The game seems great but I still can't figure out why did they choose that Operation Metro map for the Beta, it's more similar to a COD map than a BF map, the only vehicle I found was this.

And why the heck did they made me install Origin if it doesn't have Battlelog in it, so I have to be running Origin, Firefox and BF3 at the same time to waste system resources for no reason?

I'm starting to wish for no more BF and C&C games so I don't have to deal with EA anymore (or whoever is calling the shots).
Anyway, I still asked to get the 25th and 26 off at work, so if any of you wants to make a squad and play when the game gets out let me know :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Quote:
And why the heck did they made me install Origin if it doesn't have Battlelog in it, so I have to be running Origin, Firefox and BF3 at the same time to waste system resources for no reason?

yeah, my biggest gripe about BF3. They had Caspian Conquest map online for the first 4 days of the beta, but they were locked and always full. I'm basically over BF3 beta after playing 20 hours of the same map now. Going back to BC2 till the full version comes out later this month.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:44 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Good news JBaz, they opened a couple Caspian Border servers for everyone for this weekend, good luck getting into on though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:38 am 

So far I'm very disappointed with this game. I think they've totalled screwed of the Battlefied franchise thanks to consoles and Bad Company.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:08 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I wished they left the beta run till the game starts. 2 days of Caspian is not enough! They got a lot of bugs to fix by launch, but the gameplay is was I expected, very fun. And just remember, this was a beta build, not what the final product will be.

64 man conquest is epic, specially when you get 20 of your closest clanmates on the same team to dominate the match. Although, it stopped being fun after 10 rounds of pawnage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:25 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Phosphorous wrote:
So far I'm very disappointed with this game. I think they've totalled screwed of the Battlefied franchise thanks to consoles and Bad Company.

Yeah, I'm starting to have mixed feeling about BF3

If only there was a way to make awesome games without "money" and "mainstreaming" being the decisive factor that would decide how the game would turn out.
lol, I'm going to make a song similar to "Imagine" but for games :mrgreen: