Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dungeon Siege 3 Question
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:57 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

How the hell do you heal yourself! This is driving me nutz.

Nasty

Post subject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Question
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:46 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i only played 1 play through i think you heal when you are not in a battle one of the classes also has a heal skill i cant remember its been a while and to be honest im waiting for diablo 3 and reckoning

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:36 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

A little late but here it goes.
I played the demo a few days ago and you heal by going into a defensive stance and you'll start healing x% of your health over x amount of time (I think it's 50% over 30secs), and I think you can do it while in battle.
And I think that all the characters can do it but I'm not a 100% sure, I didn't like it as much as the first one so I didn't pay much attention while playing the demo.

You can try it out in Steam :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Mortal_M wrote:
A little late but here it goes.
I played the demo a few days ago and you heal by going into a defensive stance and you'll start healing x% of your health over x amount of time (I think it's 50% over 30secs), and I think you can do it while in battle.
And I think that all the characters can do it but I'm not a 100% sure, I didn't like it as much as the first one so I didn't pay much attention while playing the demo.

You can try it out in Steam :)

That will help if you can run from a fight and just stand there but I am in a big fight alone and can't wait 30 seconds...I am usually dead before then. :cry:

Nasty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:55 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I know, someone in the party has to have some kind of instant cast healing spell but I didn't see that on the demo, and I was able to get into a big fight with two "heroes" and it didn't go well.

I am too wondering how this is going to work since it looks like in order to cast most of the spells you need to fill up a bar (like the ones for stamina or mana) by killing enemies.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I have never found another party member to add yet, the demo may be different than the game itself.

Nasty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:53 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Nastyman wrote:
I have never found another party member to add yet, the demo may be different than the game itself.

Nasty

there is a party member its an npc party member part of the story and they accompany whatever your character is

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:30 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I am up to fighting four witches and a bunch of brigands and sure could use another person in my party, but have never come across anyone yet that would join my party. I have been fighting alone up to this point.

Nasty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:05 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Nastyman wrote:
I am up to fighting four witches and a bunch of brigands and sure could use another person in my party, but have never come across anyone yet that would join my party. I have been fighting alone up to this point.

Nasty

i belive you rescue 1 or 2 in a cave and they join you

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

What cave? Where and is it after the witches?

Nasty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:46 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Nastyman wrote:
What cave? Where and is it after the witches?

Nasty

yes what charcter are you playing? the melee guy or the fire toting girl?the witches gave me some problem but eventually i overcame them if i remember i ignored the regular minions and focused on the witches in the witches area there is a cage where your future sidekick is imprisoned once you kill them and free the prisoners they offer to acccompany you which you will agree of course the 2nd cage hold someone who will become a merchant and give you better prices for freeing him he will stay in the keep if i remember

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:01 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

OK, Thanks for the heads up on killing the witches first. I am playing a Mage of sorts using electricity to kill with. It is not easy playing that character because you run out of manna fast, and the replenishing blue balls are few and far between.
It is a good looking game graphics wise and I enjoy playing it....however Deus Ex 3 is soaking up a lot of time. :mrgreen:

Nasty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Nastyman wrote:
OK, Thanks for the heads up on killing the witches first. I am playing a Mage of sorts using electricity to kill with. It is not easy playing that character because you run out of manna fast, and the replenishing blue balls are few and far between.
It is a good looking game graphics wise and I enjoy playing it....however Deus Ex 3 is soaking up a lot of time. :mrgreen:

Nasty

never experienced that charcter i tried the warrior and the archon .the electricity thingy guy i think is the guy who closely resembles a mage . i played the game once through and started a 2nd charcter but stopped

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:19 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

The mage guy is hard to play, you have to buy upgrades to armor and devices for more electrical damage or you can't go very far in the game. If you want to go back to the store, you have to kill all the guys you did when you got to the present location. Pain in the butt.

Nasty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:30 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i played the lucas melee guy first to cut my teeth and learn the game while there wasnt any online guides
then started the archon but got bored .. im waiting for skyrim in all honesty ...and diablo 3 ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Quote:
im waiting for skyrim in all honesty ...and diablo 3 ...

You realize that you have to be on-line to play these games, that is the reason I am not buying them.

Nasty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:32 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Nastyman wrote:
Quote:
im waiting for skyrim in all honesty ...and diablo 3 ...

You realize that you have to be on-line to play these games, that is the reason I am not buying them.

Nasty

i have cable so it isnt a problem for me as soon as i log on im online . but as long as i dont need to use the disc to start the game like in the old days as long as i can play single player .. i dont care

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:53 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I have played all the rest of the Dungeon Siege stuff and just got the DEMO today. Looks interesting enough. As with the rest, it is pretty much Linear though or so it seems. I got killed after I left the first place ( where Odo, I think, was ).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:27 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

coastie65 wrote:
I have played all the rest of the Dungeon Siege stuff and just got the DEMO today. Looks interesting enough. As with the rest, it is pretty much Linear though or so it seems. I got killed after I left the first place ( where Odo, I think, was ).

...attack and run back the way you came until they start going back to their camp, then attack the straggler and kill him...the same over until you can go farther into the game.

Nasty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Nastyman wrote:
coastie65 wrote:

...attack and run back the way you came until they start going back to their camp, then attack the straggler and kill him...the same over until you can go farther into the game.

Nasty

Yeah, as I recall, I had to do that to get off the farm at the beginning of Dungeon Siege and it was kind of slow going after that.