Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:16 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 2555
Location: Somewhere between compilation and linking
Maybe it just me, but does it seem like email notifications stopped working today? I swear that this is the second or third thread I'm 'participating in' that hasn't emailed me. Also, when I first came to his forum post edits were noted in the post body - not anymore. Why was that changed?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:17 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 24339
Location: South of heaven
Gadget wrote:
Also, when I first came to his forum post edits were noted in the post body - not anymore. Why was that changed?
That's odd if you are talking about my posts. I do edit the hell out of them as I'm posting, which usually doesn't get the edit notes. But once i'm done posting, I usually leave it alone. So...I find it odd that any of my posts show an edit at all
---------------------
Edit: if it does show the edit tag, I usually show my edit in this manner. hard to trust edited posts:p

And I've never recieved an email besides PM's. Makes it hard to follow what thread I've taken part in. Ever notice that if you open two browsers of this forum, all the new-post indicators reset??


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:13 am 
Super Folder
Super Folder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:23 am
Posts: 180
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
I believe edit messages only appear if the message has been replied to prior to the editing


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:41 am 
Max [Ph]otographer
Max [Ph]otographer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:10 pm
Posts: 5200
I haven't gotten any e-mails in the past day either. It's starting to freak me out. I like knowing exactly when my posts get responded to, but today I haven't gotten any notifications :?


BTW, anyone here notice that a few days ago the url tag stopped working? What was up with that?

Dan O.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:25 am 
Super Folder
Super Folder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:23 am
Posts: 180
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
And signatures are still FUBARed


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:55 am 
Professional Dork
Professional Dork
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 12:44 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: Cornhole County
Hyppy wrote:
And signatures are still FUBARed


No, they're functioning exactly as intended.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:38 pm 
Super Folder
Super Folder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:23 am
Posts: 180
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
And what is the intention, exactly?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:24 pm 
Professional Dork
Professional Dork
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 12:44 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: Cornhole County
Hyppy wrote:
And what is the intention, exactly?


That there be no sigs.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:21 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 2555
Location: Somewhere between compilation and linking
Hyppy wrote:
I believe edit messages only appear if the message has been replied to prior to the editing

Ah, that might be it... :)

edit #1 - before someone else posted
edit #2 - after I posted again


Last edited by Gadget on Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:25 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 2555
Location: Somewhere between compilation and linking
Belboz99 wrote:
I haven't gotten any e-mails in the past day either. It's starting to freak me out. I like knowing exactly when my posts get responded to, but today I haven't gotten any notifications :?


BTW, anyone here notice that a few days ago the url tag stopped working? What was up with that?

Dan O.


URL tags are working fine.... you should get the BBCode extension. Works great.

The missing email notification is bumming me out - I feel so lost!!!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:27 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 2555
Location: Somewhere between compilation and linking
Gadget wrote:
Hyppy wrote:
I believe edit messages only appear if the message has been replied to prior to the editing

Ah, that might be it... :)

edit #1 - before someone else posted
edit #2 - after I posted again


Good, that explains the editing feature. :)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:18 am 
Max [Ph]otographer
Max [Ph]otographer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:10 pm
Posts: 5200
Gadget wrote:
Belboz99 wrote:
I haven't gotten any e-mails in the past day either. It's starting to freak me out. I like knowing exactly when my posts get responded to, but today I haven't gotten any notifications :?


BTW, anyone here notice that a few days ago the url tag stopped working? What was up with that?

Dan O.


URL tags are working fine.... you should get the BBCode extension. Works great.

The missing email notification is bumming me out - I feel so lost!!!


Actually, I was referring to one day in perticular. I know how to make a word or group of words a link, but that day I just couldn't do it. I eventually gave up and put in a standard URL.

It was wierd, just that day, and it was the only post I had to use a url on.

Dan O.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:56 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 24339
Location: South of heaven
And this guy is having issues getting in here:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/maxcommp ... g=188465.1


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:29 pm 
Super Mario Banhammer
Super Mario Banhammer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:33 am
Posts: 21
How about some real forum issues! How about this one. I visit
this site about 3 times a week...and everytime i visit i see some
thread about how one guy writes something harmless and then
a moderator comes out of nowhere...and disagrees with some guy
and when he doesnt feel like arguing he threatens to ban the guy.
Dont get me wrong...ive read alot of threads that should be deleted
or the user should be banned....but its seems like the moderators
are just attacking guys cause they dont agree with what they write
about. Ban me if u want...youll just be proving my point.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:36 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 9602
Location: Land of the Lounge Lizards
Clownpuncher wrote:
How about some real forum issues! How about this one. I visit
this site about 3 times a week...and everytime i visit i see some
thread about how one guy writes something harmless and then
a moderator comes out of nowhere...and disagrees with some guy
and when he doesnt feel like arguing he threatens to ban the guy.
Dont get me wrong...ive read alot of threads that should be deleted
or the user should be banned....but its seems like the moderators
are just attacking guys cause they dont agree with what they write
about. Ban me if u want...youll just be proving my point.


Image Image Image


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:58 pm 
Super Mario Banhammer
Super Mario Banhammer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:33 am
Posts: 21
man if u cant see it you must be blind. Everytime i visit this place....some moderator is threatening to ban someone....and alot of times its for something stupid. What do u expect when u got a bunch
of guys who have no life...and tell them they have to moderate this forum for hours on end....lame threats. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:31 pm 
Northwood
Northwood
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:35 pm
Posts: 2039
Location: Houston, TX
Gadget wrote:
Maybe it just me, but does it seem like email notifications stopped working today? I swear that this is the second or third thread I'm 'participating in' that hasn't emailed me. Also, when I first came to his forum post edits were noted in the post body - not anymore. Why was that changed?


email notification hasn't worked for me since day one.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:33 pm 
Northwood
Northwood
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:35 pm
Posts: 2039
Location: Houston, TX
hmm, if it's a spam filter issue, can someone tell me which address to add to my whitelist?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:07 pm 
Professional Dork
Professional Dork
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 12:44 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: Cornhole County
Clownpuncher wrote:
How about some real forum issues! How about this one. I visit
this site about 3 times a week...and everytime i visit i see some
thread about how one guy writes something harmless and then
a moderator comes out of nowhere...and disagrees with some guy
and when he doesnt feel like arguing he threatens to ban the guy.
Dont get me wrong...ive read alot of threads that should be deleted
or the user should be banned....but its seems like the moderators
are just attacking guys cause they dont agree with what they write
about. Ban me if u want...youll just be proving my point.


We have 10 simple rules of conduct (and one addendum). You are expected to know them and abide by them. Specifically, I point you to rule number 6. I could ban you for your comments, but I won't since 1) it's not nearly as bad a comment as other people have made, and 2) it seems as though you have a martyr complex and would probably prefer to be removed from the forum so you could wear your banishment as a badge.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:15 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27370
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
Ghostwheel wrote:
2) it seems as though you have a martyr complex and would probably prefer to be removed from the forum so you could wear your banishment as a badge.


No, no, no, Bru_ce is over there ----------------> :lol:


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group