Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Samsung Galaxy Tab vs Blackberry Playbook vs Asus Transforme
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:35 pm 

Hi All

Looking for some advice

i have just received a extended warranty rebate back since I didn't use it and I was looking at using it to buy a tablet. I need some help though because it getting confusing. The store I am shopping at only carries the Samsung Galaxy Tab ($399 Canadian) - The Blackberry Play Book ($499 Can ) and the Asus Transformer ( $399 can ) but I need some help.

I already own a lap tap that I take with me if I need to do major things or if I have to produce documents and that for work so I am not looking for a laptop replacement. (I have a desktop for gaming). I am looking for something that if I need to I can whip out, possibly answer a couple of emails ( I have all my emails coming through GMAIL) and do some small tasks, and maybe some internet surfing at my local Starbucks, have some books on there for my hobbies etc or something. It will not need to hold gigabits worth of data as I have a portable hard drive and also cloud storage.

I have heard that maybe the Samsung is going to get a OS upgrade but the current one is a bit buggy for a tablet. I also know the blackberry is going to be able to have access to the Google app store.

I know the cons are that the Samsung as it is has a buggy os and that the Blackberry has no email support. The asus one seems big at 10 inches.

Anyways any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab vs Blackberry Playbook vs Asus Transf
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:44 pm 

I would wait for one of the new Galaxy Tabs.