Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:42 am 

CAN ANYONE HELP ME. I SIGNED UP FOR THE FREE ISSUE FOR THIS MAG. AND WHAT I GOT WAS I BILL SAYING I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE FOLLOWING 12 MONTHS I DIDNT EVEN GET THE FREE ISSUE AND I DONT WANT TO PAY $29.95 THATS NOT EVEN WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR WHAT SHOULD I DO? ON THE WEBSITE IT SAID ''If I like Maximum PC, I will pay $29.95 for 11 more issues and CDs (12 in all). If I am not fully satisfied, I will return the invoice marked "cancel" and have no further obligation.

Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for the mailing of your free issue."

THE INVOICE DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE "CANCEL" BOX OR LINE. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:49 am 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

You need to just write out the word "cancel" on the invoice. To do this, you'll need either a pen, a pencil, or perhaps mommy will let you use the crayons (no markers... remember you left the caps off the markers and mommy had to throw them away?)

Then, put the invoice that you wrote cancel... that's C-A-N-C-E-L (omit the hyphens) into the envelope that came with it and send it back.

You'll still receive a free trial issue, compliments of Maximum PC Magazine.

Also, if you like it, you can simply subscribe to the cd-less version for $12/year ($1 an issue). Call 800-274-3421 if you want to subscribe for $12/year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:22 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

[Ch]amsalot wrote:
You need to just write out the word "cancel" on the invoice. To do this, you'll need either a pen, a pencil, or perhaps mommy will let you use the crayons (no markers... remember you left the caps off the markers and mommy had to throw them away?)

Then, put the invoice that you wrote cancel... that's C-A-N-C-E-L (omit the hyphens) into the envelope that came with it and send it back.

Also, if you like it, you can simply subscribe to the cd-less version for $12/year ($1 an issue). Call 800-274-3421 if you want to subscribe for $12/year.

Best post of the day :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:02 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

[Ch]amsalot wrote:

LOL! :lol: I second the "Best Post of the Day!"

:-)
Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:06 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

[Ch]amsalot wrote:
that's C-A-N-C-E-L (omit the hyphens)

WATE! YUO R CONFUSSING ME. WHAT IS A HIFEN? WTF! I BROKEN MY HIFEN WHEN I FELL OFF A FENCE POST! R U INSULTING ME!?

lollers...yup. [Ch]ams has the best post of...the week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:06 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

[Ch]amsalot wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D :D omg LOL....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:58 am 
INFINITE vCORE
INFINITE vCORE

[Ch]amsalot wrote:

Damn.

You and Tink fighting again? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:26 pm 
I am not my computer's stats
I am not my computer's stats

...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:05 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

One4yu2c wrote:
Best post of the day :lol:

Don't encourage him :P

Post subject: Re: CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:46 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Decko5 wrote:
CAN ANYONE HELP ME. I SIGNED UP FOR THE FREE ISSUE FOR THIS MAG. AND WHAT I GOT WAS I BILL SAYING I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE FOLLOWING 12 MONTHS I DIDNT EVEN GET THE FREE ISSUE AND I DONT WANT TO PAY $29.95 THATS NOT EVEN WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR WHAT SHOULD I DO? ON THE WEBSITE IT SAID ''If I like Maximum PC, I will pay $29.95 for 11 more issues and CDs (12 in all). If I am not fully satisfied, I will return the invoice marked "cancel" and have no further obligation.

THE INVOICE DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE "CANCEL" BOX OR LINE. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm no techi, nor computer guru, but by what little I know of character, you are certifiably an idiot, not to mention a rude one at that. Show a little modesty by learning a little computer lingo about using all caps... UNDERSTAND?

Post subject: Re: CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:38 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

I Am Weasel wrote:
Decko5 wrote:

I'm no techi, nor computer guru, but by what little I know of character, you are certifiably an idiot, not to mention a rude one at that. Show a little modesty by learning a little computer lingo about using all caps... UNDERSTAND?

Hey Weasel, you don't need to be a computer tech or guru to know how to follow the rules. I posted 4 times in this thread saying the same thing as you and Chams (He can do it cuz he's god), and they were all deleted. You might want to rethink your knee jerk reaction to no0bs. At least that is what I was told. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:01 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Contains the F-bomb. Please get your legal guardian's permission to click this!
But still pretty typical for posts like this...

And to monkey and weasel:
As long as you avoid direct insults, then I belive it's plausable to smack down. Shotgun theory vice using a sniper rifle...

"you are certifiably an idiot" fit's into the sniper rifle area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:00 pm 

I always avoid that, now. But being PC, you know as much as I do, I have my own set of rules that I must abide by. The SRFS including all appendix that Colby, Dude-X, and DEA have provided as well. But then again, you are on the committee, so you see through the white blanket onto the field of grass. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:50 am 
Klamath
Klamath

oops, well, ok.. point understood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:34 am 

Harsh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:08 am 
Team Member
Team Member

wait thats chamsalot? i thought that was some evil person just by looking at the avatar