Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: nView won't give up:p Searching for cure
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:43 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Copied from the Commport:

Hey all. Back again fighting my PC. I'll list the basic specs of this machine at the end of the post, but here's the issue at hand:
This machine has been running dual monitors since I built it a year ago. I've been noticing that on booting it up, the post has been going to the extra monitor, then when it gets to windows it goes to the main one. Well, I deal with it.

Yesterday I start having problems with the refreshing of the monitor. If I change the resolution or refresh rate, once it blacks out it doesn't come back without turning it off then on again. I am not using any refreshrate forcing software. But that's not all...

I also got sick of seeing this stupid monitor hogging my tinkering space and decide to ditch it. I shut down and remove everything and hook the main monitor to the Analog output. Now I can't see the POST as it's still pushing it to the other monitor that isn't there. I have to listen to the machine to know when it's at the welcome screen, then arrow up to my name and hit enter. Once in windows, it's back to running again (minus the refresh BS mentioned above). Here's what I've done:

-Removed the monitor drivers and used Plug and Play.
-Removed the nVidia drivers using control panel, Deleted nVidia folder from C:/, rebooted into safe and ran DriverCleaner to scrub the files.
-Installed Forceware56.64 hoping that it was the 56.72 version that was giving the headache.
-Removed and Reinstalled the VidCard from the slot.
-Reinstalled DX9b, KDS driver, and FW 56.72

At this point, I'd covered everything logical with the same result. So I hook it up like it was and try moving around the monitors in nView thinking that at sometime I've made one Main and the other Secondary. I flip those around for a few hours and try again. Same shit. So, at 4am last night I just shut it down, turned off the power, yanked out the card, and turned off the monitor until the morning. No logical reason to this, just was a broken arrow resort.

Today, I'm sitting with one monitor that won't display the post and decided to post this question to see if anyone else using nView has ran across this before. It's stuck on stupid! The next step is to use my other BIOS and if that doesn't work, flash them both and see if that does anything. I hate to drag that other monitor back out of the trash, but will in order to see the POST/FLASH.I wanted to post this in here before I do that incase something goes bad with the flash. I'll google around some more, and write MPC's Doctor if we can't figure it out in here.

Later!
-------------------------
Gigabyte IH8XP Rev.3 (F8 Bios)
Abit GF4Ti4200 OTES
KDS Visual Sensations VS190is 19"
-------------------------
Oh, and I think this KDS is shitting the bed with the refresh problem. I hate to spend $600 on a real monitor right now as it'll rape and pillage my x800 purchase it's set aside for. But I'm afraid it's time if I can't get this pig running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:58 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Forcing a 100Hz refreshrate in nView properties has been working.

Still can't see the post area, but screw it. i'll get this other PC up to full-run status and wipe this thing clear:p

I'm RMA'ing this monitor BTW. It's 3 year warranty is about up, so might as well.