Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: BEST OF THE BEST
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:23 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 162
The best of the best section needs to be updated.... I am sure that right now the gtx 580 is not the best price no object video card. That would be the HD 6990 and I am pretty sure that the 990x is better than a 980x, what gives ?

-Cody


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BEST OF THE BEST
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:07 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 24336
Location: South of heaven
Read more...and also understand it's a print magazine.

But if you have some info as to why the 6990 rules them all and how the 990x is the best ever, we would love to here it (Forum, not the mag full of you geniuses). This is a forum and we're open to debate FAR before we just call people stupid.

Best? You ain't met me...You, of course have ran both of those cards. If not, what's the beef again?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BEST OF THE BEST
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:52 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 162
Chumly wrote:
Read more...and also understand it's a print magazine.

But if you have some info as to why the 6990 rules them all and how the 990x is the best ever, we would love to here it (Forum, not the mag full of you geniuses). This is a forum and we're open to debate FAR before we just call people stupid.

Best? You ain't met me...You, of course have ran both of those cards. If not, what's the beef again?


Your reply cracked me up...

As far as the 980x vs. The 990x let's for a second remember that they are basically the same proc, yet the 990x is clocked higher, which last time I checked, meant that it runs faster.

I must say that I have not run a benchmark to confirm but I don't believe that's necessary, seems like common since...

As far as the GTX 580 SC VS. The HD6990, I had to sit back and ask myself if you had ever even touched a computer. The 580 isn't even the fastest card from NVIDIA, but some how you seem to think it could compete with the 6990.

That being said I own a computer business and I have ran both of those cards in a couple different flavors (brands) and there is no compitition between the two. Now if you were talking about the GTX 590, I could understand as the margin to the 6990 shrinks a little, but still the Radeon HD 6990 is king right now like it or not....


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BEST OF THE BEST
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:41 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24222
Location: Granite Heaven
codyandbecca wrote:
Your reply cracked me up...

As far as the 980x vs. The 990x let's for a second remember that they are basically the same proc, yet the 990x is clocked higher, which last time I checked, meant that it runs faster.

I must say that I have not run a benchmark to confirm but I don't believe that's necessary, seems like common since...


Common sense that a slightly faster version of a last-gen processor remains the best after the release of a new generation of processors? I think not.

Quote:
As far as the GTX 580 SC VS. The HD6990, I had to sit back and ask myself if you had ever even touched a computer.


He's built one or two .. :lol: .. but I think his years working with companies like Intel provide slightly more credibility.

Quote:
That being said I own a computer business and I have ran both of those cards in a couple different flavors (brands) and there is no compitition between the two. Now if you were talking about the GTX 590, I could understand as the margin to the 6990 shrinks a little, but still the Radeon HD 6990 is king right now like it or not....


Compare your threads with Chum's and come back and compare e-peens ... please.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BEST OF THE BEST
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:37 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 162
Jipstyle wrote:
codyandbecca wrote:
Your reply cracked me up...

As far as the 980x vs. The 990x let's for a second remember that they are basically the same proc, yet the 990x is clocked higher, which last time I checked, meant that it runs faster.

I must say that I have not run a benchmark to confirm but I don't believe that's necessary, seems like common since...


Common sense that a slightly faster version of a last-gen processor remains the best after the release of a new generation of processors? I think not.

Quote:
As far as the GTX 580 SC VS. The HD6990, I had to sit back and ask myself if you had ever even touched a computer.


He's built one or two .. :lol: .. but I think his years working with companies like Intel provide slightly more credibility.

Quote:
That being said I own a computer business and I have ran both of those cards in a couple different flavors (brands) and there is no compitition between the two. Now if you were talking about the GTX 590, I could understand as the margin to the 6990 shrinks a little, but still the Radeon HD 6990 is king right now like it or not....


Compare your threads with Chum's and come back and compare e-peens ... please.


Look, I get your point and the buddy thing, but the 990x and the 6990 are currently faster than any other stock clocked parts out there , if anyone has proof otherwise let me know....

P.S. and the point of this thread is not to compare e-peens it's to ask why my favorite tech mag and website take so long to update..

P.P.S. Also your whole blurt about generations means nothing, an i72600k is still nowhere near the 990x and thanks for the spelling lesson i guess I'll take that since I posted from android and auto correct is an annoying little bastard.. :)

Image


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BEST OF THE BEST
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24222
Location: Granite Heaven
codyandbecca wrote:
Look, I get your point and the buddy thing, but the 990x and the 6990 are currently faster than any other stock clocked parts out there , if anyone has proof otherwise let me know....


My point is that it is NOT common sense to assume that a slightly faster version of an older CPU retains the performance crown when a new family of CPUs is released.

Quote:
P.S. and the point of this thread is not to compare e-peens it's to ask why my favorite tech mag and website take so long to update..


Ok, so to answer your question: learn to search. You aren't the first to ask the question. You aren't even the first to ask the question on the current page of posts in this folder. You don't need to search .. just scroll down.

Quote:
P.P.S. Also your whole blurt about generations means nothing, an i72600k is still nowhere near the 990x and thanks for the spelling lesson i guess I'll take that since I posted from android and auto correct is an annoying little bastard.. :)


Again .. you missed the point.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group