Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: price drops on GTX 570 ?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:02 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Hey does anyone one know or have any gut feeling as to when GTX570 is going down in price ?

And what do you guys think is the "fair" value for GTX570 ? I've been checking the prices at least 2x a day on the daily basis and its been driving me nuts !

And is it worth it to get the overclocked version ? or not ?

Post subject: Re: price drops on GTX 570 ?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I don't see them dropping to $300 any time soon, but there may be more $25-$30 MIR's as the non-reference parts continue to hit the stores. I think $340 is fair in that case, as long as the MIR doesn't take over a month to get in my bank. Sometimes I just wish Newegg would deal with these things and just credit my account, but it get's the product registered on time so it works out I guess.

I've had good luck with XFX's black cards when they were an nVidia partner. I've also purchased eVGA and Asus open-box items with higher clocks with no drama. But some of the clocks on cards like the superclocks are a bit too aggressive IMO. They may be priced just $10 higher, but RivaTuner and other software to do this cycle jump is free. I guess I feel better getting default speeds with an MIR, 25Mhz more for the same price as defualt, but not $10 for 60Mhz. It's just my own opinion and how lucky I feel the day I need something in my cart.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:30 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

logicmaster2003 wrote:
Hey does anyone one know or have any gut feeling as to when GTX570 is going down in price ?

And what do you guys think is the "fair" value for GTX570 ? I've been checking the prices at least 2x a day on the daily basis and its been driving me nuts !

And is it worth it to get the overclocked version ? or not ?

there's no such thing as "fair value" anymore... considering a 33mhz computer with a monochrome monitor and a mouse the size of a football cost $7,000 less than 2 decades ago anything nowadays is utterly cheap...

with inflation included.... the price to performance comparison to back then... the average computer now should be over $100,000.... incredible huh??

the worth of any computer component now is what the user thinks it is.... if the GTX570 is $400 now it'll be $300 a year from now... but then again there will be 10 new cards that are twice as fast for only a $100 more.... it's an infinite loop....

if you desire certain performance for your computer and you have the funds to buy it then it's worth it.... if not then wait and try to get a deal later.... but then you'll post the same thread asking whether the GTX770 is worth it... don't bother... ask yourself what you want and need... then look at your funds and say yes or no.... no one here or on any other forum on the planet can tell you that.... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:18 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Thanks for the insights, staypuff.

Yeap .. and while I'm still waiting for GTX570 to go down to $300, Nvidia just announced a dual-GPU video card ! Hmmm .. can't wait for them to release and the benchmarks !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:55 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

After a 3 long years of holding on to my GTX 260..

I finally bought from Amazon last week..
Palit Geforce GTX570 Sonic Custom Design 1280mb 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x 16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card NE5X570SF10DA ($355, free shipping)

I received it yesterday, got it installed and have been playing FarCry2 @ 1920x1080, 8AA, all graphic settings on max, and getting upward of 110 FPS !!!

In comparision, my old card GTX 260, for the same graphic detail as above, I'm getting 19 FPS ! So for the past 3 years, I had to downgrade to 1366x768, 2AA.. just to get a decent 36-42 FPS.

I'm very happy with this !!

My decision to go with Palit Sonic instead of the normal GTX570 is from Tomshardware review and vga chart.. it shows that this one is much cooler than any other GTX 570 cuz of the dual fan and the special case, plus its an extra 12 FPS compared to the normal GTX570 !

Highly recommended !