Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newegg.com goes out of their way.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I'm sure I'm nowhere near the first to say good things about Newegg.com, but this definitely calls for an updated posting. My wife asked me to get a camera when I first left so I could take pictures for her so she could see I was doing ok. So I went on newegg.com and ordered a camera, and a memory card, and got a free pelican case with it. After 5 weeks of it not arriving, I shot them an email asking if they could give me any additional info. They told me that unfortunately after it made it to the sorting facility they could no longer track it, but that it could take up to six to eight weeks (I was aware of this, but I had already gotten packages I ordered a couple weeks later than this one). They told me to write them back after the eight week point if i still hadn't received the package. Time passed and the eight week mark came and went, so I wrote them back. They are now resending me my order, this time to my home address in AL, so I don't go through this again, lol. I asked if they could do that sense I will be home in early March, and would probably get it quicker that way anyways, lol. Nothing but good things to say about Newegg. Technically they were not responsible for it after it got to the sorting facility.

Post subject: Re: Newegg.com goes out of their way.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:10 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

My only problem with NewEgg is that they make you sign for everything, even a $10 tube of thermal paste. Because I tend to work days, like most people, this got to be a problem. I think they should only require it on larger purchase, like $50 or more, and have th buyer agree that on purchase where a signature is not required, they (the customer) assume the risk. That's how many companies do it (unless it's more than $x of dollars, you aren't required to sign for it).

I think I actually had to drive 45 min to the UPS warehouse just to sign for it--costed me more than $10 in fuel to go there and get the tube after signing for it).

Other than that, I think Newegg is a decent place to do business with.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I haven't had that problem. I've ordered tons of stuff while I've been in Afghanistan, and my wife has been out of the house, and they've only had a couple of packages that didnt get left the first day, and ups redelivered the next day and if she wasnt there they just went ahead and left it. Interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:50 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I haven't ordered anything lately (like in the past year just because I haven't had the need... and when I did need parts, I ended up having to go to the local computer store because it was some sort of emergency). Anyway, I can't think back to all of my purchase, but there were at least a few that seemed rather strange to ask for a signature for a $10-20 item. I can see if it was a computer or a TV or something of high dollar value, but maybe it (was) just Newegg protecting themselves and their reputation. At least they used FedEx at the time, and not UPS (at least for my orders they didn't).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:06 am 
Klamath
Klamath

cbassett01 wrote:
My only problem with NewEgg is that they make you sign for everything, even a $10 tube of thermal paste. Because I tend to work days, like most people, this got to be a problem. I think they should only require it on larger purchase, like $50 or more, and have th buyer agree that on purchase where a signature is not required, they (the customer) assume the risk. That's how many companies do it (unless it's more than $x of dollars, you aren't required to sign for it).

I think I actually had to drive 45 min to the UPS warehouse just to sign for it--costed me more than $10 in fuel to go there and get the tube after signing for it).

I just ordered a shit ton of hardware equipment from NewEgg, and I don't remember having to sign a release form from the UPS lady?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Sometimes, I have had to sign for items that I have ordered from NewEgg, and sometimes I have not. I am not sure what their criteria is as to whether something needs to be signed for or not when it is delivered via UPS, but I have, on one occasion, had UPS accept a signature from a neighbor of mine (instead of getting my signature) and when I was unable to locate the package (because my upstairs neighbor had taken the package into her apartment for safekeeping until she knew that I was home), I contacted NewEgg for a replacement and they shipped it out to me via FedEx at their own expense. Another time, I had ordered a Bluetooth mini-adapter for my laptop and it was shipped via EggSaver shipping and did not require a signature as USPS had left it clipped to my door while I was away. Upon opening the package, I only found a packing slip (but no Bluetooth adapter) in it. I immediately contacted NewEgg and received a refund credit to the card that I used to purchase it. NewEgg has always managed to make things right with me on the few occasions when something has gone awry and they will always get my business when it comes to computers and their components. I highly recommend them to my friends and relatives as they offer some of the best deals on computers, hardware, and software and their customer service is second to none.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I've never really had an actual problem with NewEgg... it was just a bit odd that they wanted a signature for a $10 tube of thermal paste. I can understand they are protecting themselves, but why for just a $10 item? I could see if the item was $50+ or $100 or had some other "significant financial value" (according to most) but this seemed to be a bit odd for me.

I honestly haven't ordered much from NewEgg lately, just simply because I haven't really needed much (and that stuff I did need like blank media or a tube of thermal paste here and there, I would just pick up at the local store when I was out that way).

I will say that they do have some great deals at times, and that I do check from time to time when I consider any big purchases, but lately my "big" purchases have been items that I'd rather buy in person, then over the Internet (like TVs or monitors for example).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:07 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

I Jedi wrote:
cbassett01 wrote:

I just ordered a shit ton of hardware equipment from NewEgg, and I don't remember having to sign a release form from the UPS lady?

Odd. I haven't signed anything from any delivery service - UPS, FedEx, USPS - in at least eight, ten years. :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:04 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

funny,
my last order from newegg, I was on the porch when UPS pulled up
asked the guy if I needed to sign, he said NOPE newegg dont care
so maybe your just having to sign because your UPS route/area has had an issue