Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help Catherine get a US release
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:22 am 

I saw this today and was saddened.
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...ng-to-america/

Anyone who wants catherine in america needs to do somethings.

1- Email atlus atleast once a week and tell them RESPECTFULLY using PROPER grammar that you really want the game and plan on purchasing it. If your cell has long free long distance it wouldnt hurt to call them as well and let them know once a week. Hell even if 2,000 people in america did that that adds up to a lot, when your getting 2,000 emails and phone calls a week saying you want the game then they have to pay attention to that and the more people doing it the faster we get the game. Just please be mature when contacting them.

This is there contact page
http://www.atlus.com/contactus.php

2- Go on the atlus forums and post that you really want catherine released in your country.

Forums for atlus.
http://www.atlus.com/forum/index.php

3- Encourage others on other game forums you visit, hell any forum by resposting contact info and stuff on there as well, post it on your blog, send your friends a email via xbox live, start emailing video game websites new reporting emails at kotaku or whatever.

4- Stay persistant. If you just send a couple emails and give up then chances are everyone else will also. Atlus wont want to miss a chance to make money but they need to see the american market really wants this game, they want something different, then want to broaden their horizons for games and they want atlus to do that for them.

I know its easy to say "Well, there are a lot of other people I dont need to do anything because they will take care of it" well if you do that then nothing will get done because I guarntee you a lot of others are doing the same thing and if everyone does it then atlus wont ever release the game in america.

If your tired of having all the same games and wanting something different and new, if you want a new take on what a mature game is then we need to let atlus know as best we can.

So come on guys, chip in and lets all make atlus aware that we want catherine in america and we dont want it censored or changed.

Post subject: Re: Help Catherine get a US release
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:04 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Wow, after it took me so long to actually find the article, I just wish I hadn't wasted my time. LAME.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:24 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I want to say this is a game, but lack of information makes me think otherwise. (Didn't bother searching.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:12 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

It's a game alright, a rather lame one apparently, for Japs who have nothing better to do than watch lame animated soap operas... apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:44 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

It's a puzzle game where you climb up a mountain of boxes while some demon women or something tries to kill you if you fall to the bottom. Honestly, I have no idea if it's a good game or not, just that it looks somewhat bizarre and undoubtedly won't translate well.

The cut scenes are constantly changing style and it has a pretty long narrative after the tutorial level but its all in Japanese so good luck on figuring that out. Still the core gameplay appears to be a guy in his boxers ibexing his way up a tower while something tries to eat him. I can't for the life of me figure out of why all the Japanese only titles that we'll never see this one is getting so much pull.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:12 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

So some people want to play a climbing tower of box game with some guy interrupting you every minute just to talk... Sounds like a blast.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:57 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

gtfo :arrow:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:48 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Did I mention how lame it looks... and sounds?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:16 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

There was initial interest in it. But, once I saw the gameplay footage, I said no thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:50 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

If you're sad, why not play Icy Tower while watching some sort of girly anime show in the original language?