Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:10 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:45 am
Posts: 146
I have been in the market for a new bittorrent program and i was curious to see what you guys think is the best.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:38 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 11:16 pm
Posts: 2057
mTorrent, http://www.utorrent.com/?client=utorrent2200

Works great and it's free.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
The only one I use is Vuse (AKA Blue Frog). Can't tell you if it's good or not. Just know it has some fan videos subscriptions I like and I have had no problems with it.

Although, now that I think about it, I havn't used it in a year.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:37 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24224
Location: Granite Heaven
TheSimulatorGuy wrote:
mTorrent, http://www.utorrent.com/?client=utorrent2200

Works great and it's free.


This is what I use also .. it is free, very lightweight and even has some plug-ins that are fun to use.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:21 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27374
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
Jipstyle wrote:
TheSimulatorGuy wrote:
mTorrent, http://www.utorrent.com/?client=utorrent2200

Works great and it's free.


This is what I use also .. it is free, very lightweight and even has some plug-ins that are fun to use.

x3. It's my choice for stealing shit as well.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:34 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Spider Monkey wrote:
x3. It's my choice for stealing shit as well.


I think it's referred to Permission challenged borrowing. Something I to avoid whenever possible.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:20 am 
Northwood
Northwood

Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 11:16 pm
Posts: 2057
MantaBase wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
x3. It's my choice for stealing shit as well.


I think it's referred to Permission challenged borrowing. Something I to avoid whenever possible.

Nah, it's still called stealing. There are however, many legitimate uses for .torrent files.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
TheSimulatorGuy wrote:
Nah, it's still called stealing. There are however, many legitimate uses for .torrent files.


If you want to be technical, it's (assuming you are make illegal copies of digital data - which no one here would ever do I'm sure) actually copyright violation. May sound silly, but it's important. Copyright violation can occur even if nothing has been "stolen" - even if the act profits the rights holder. It's not as simple as stealing.

But, as you say - bit torrent use has any number of legit uses - so it's kinda silly we always assume folks who use it are pirates.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24224
Location: Granite Heaven
Spider Monkey wrote:
Jipstyle wrote:
TheSimulatorGuy wrote:
mTorrent, http://www.utorrent.com/?client=utorrent2200

Works great and it's free.


This is what I use also .. it is free, very lightweight and even has some plug-ins that are fun to use.

x3. It's my choice for stealing shit as well.


Sucks to be in a country where filesharing is illegal, eh? :P


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:28 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27374
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
MantaBase wrote:
we always assume folks who use it are pirates.

Because it is true.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:29 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27374
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
Jipstyle wrote:
Sucks to be in a country where filesharing is illegal, eh? :P

Bro, it just plain sucks being in this country. lol


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24224
Location: Granite Heaven
Spider Monkey wrote:
Jipstyle wrote:
Sucks to be in a country where filesharing is illegal, eh? :P

Bro, it just plain sucks being in this country. lol


.. so I should stop looking at jobs in Silicon Valley? 'Cause the pay is pretty good down there and you get to keep waaaaay more of it than I do.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:03 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Spider Monkey wrote:
MantaBase wrote:
we always assume folks who use it are pirates.

Because it is true.


I don't :)

(seriously - I don't. I'm not virtuous or something, I just don't need stuff)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:04 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Jipstyle wrote:

.. so I should stop looking at jobs in Silicon Valley? 'Cause the pay is pretty good down there and you get to keep waaaaay more of it than I do.


Naw - that's a sweet area. Of course a 1 bedroom apartment will run ya $1500/Mo - but its a kick ass area :)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:10 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27374
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
Jipstyle wrote:
.. so I should stop looking at jobs in Silicon Valley? 'Cause the pay is pretty good down there and you get to keep waaaaay more of it than I do.

On the contrary. I demand that you relocate down to here immediately. Share the suck with me!!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:11 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27374
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
Wait, that came out very odd.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:11 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27374
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
MantaBase wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
MantaBase wrote:
we always assume folks who use it are pirates.

Because it is true.


I don't :)

(seriously - I don't. I'm not virtuous or something, I just don't need stuff)

Typical pirate lies.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:17 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24224
Location: Granite Heaven
Spider Monkey wrote:
Wait, that came out very odd.


Yeah .. it really did. :lol:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:44 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 11:16 pm
Posts: 2057
Spider Monkey wrote:
Jipstyle wrote:
.. so I should stop looking at jobs in Silicon Valley? 'Cause the pay is pretty good down there and you get to keep waaaaay more of it than I do.

On the contrary. I demand that you relocate down to here immediately. Share the suck with me!!

Definition of a true friend. One who goes out and gets two blow jobs then comes home and gives you one. 55 55 55 55 55


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a good bitorrent program.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:10 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Spider Monkey wrote:
Typical pirate lies.


You still can't have her number.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

© 2014 Future US, Inc. All rights reserved.