Jipstyle wrote:
Pretty much, yep. :)

Try being more callous next time. :lol:

I'll give that a shot. :P

Post subject: Re: gaming question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:10 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

A lot of back & forth on this. If your Brother wants to play the thing or any other game you may have and you don't mind, let him play it. I do this with my Nephew all the time, but usually after I have finished the game or just plain got fed up with it. :lol: He usually gets the ones he may want to play or they end up at GameStop.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:42 am 

This is so stupid. No one cares about the EULA. No one is going to storm your house if you let your friend borrower your stupid game. Should i have to buy extra license for a game if i want a friend to come over and play it with me at the same time?

This is like calling NBC and asking them if its alright if your friends come over and watch your DRV recording of the super bowl. Its not piracy and no one gives a damn

Last edited by Nimrod on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Nimrod wrote:
This is pretty simple and logical. Nobody cares about the EULA because it simply doesn't apply here. No one is going to storm your house if you let your friend borrow your game. Should I have to buy extra licenses for a game, if I want a friend to come over and play it, with me, at the same time? The answer is no.

This is comparative to calling NBC, and asking them if its alright if your friends come over, and watch your DVR recording of the Super Bowl. It is not piracy. Also, I like to sound like a jerk for no valid reasoning, thank you.

There, fixed it for you ;) .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:01 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

So, Gamestop/EB Games could be considered as the black market of video games; great - when will the US Government raid every store and arrest all employees? I need to apply for a Federal Marshall's position in time so I can be part of the raiding, shooting and skull cracking.

Then, we can start chasing down little kids trading their video games amongst each other. Maybe even launch a TV/Internet campaign where we depict a 12 year who is trading his games with his friends. The deal goes bad (he loses his temper when Billy offers Halo: Reach for Call of Duty Black Ops) and he kills everyone who was part of the trade.

He then moves onto bigger things; human trafficing, prostitution, drug trafficing, nuclear weapons sales, torture, kidnapping, assassinations and of course; used video game sales. By the age of 16, we show him trying to outrun the US Marines (video game trafficing has gotten so bad, that they had to pull in the Corps). When they finally catch him, he screams; "I'm wanted dead or alive!! You have to bring me in alive!!" One of the Marines walks up to him, pulls out his hand gun and starts screaming; "DROP YOUR WEAPON!!!". The video game trafficer has this shocked look on his face and before he can start screaming, the Marine puts one through this scum bag's skull.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:11 pm 

PM_DMNKLR wrote:
Nimrod wrote:
This is pretty simple and logical. Nobody cares about the EULA because it simply doesn't apply here. No one is going to storm your house if you let your friend borrow your game. Should I have to buy extra licenses for a game, if I want a friend to come over and play it, with me, at the same time? The answer is no.

This is comparative to calling NBC, and asking them if its alright if your friends come over, and watch your DVR recording of the Super Bowl. It is not piracy. Also, I like to sound like a jerk for no valid reasoning, thank you.

I take things, way to, seriously, b,u,t I am, a very, important person, on the internet.,

Yeah thanks thats great. :? :lol:

The people who made your PS3 game just want you to have fun and enjoy it. Even at the risk of some right wing terrorist kid allowing his brother to barrow the disk.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Anyone who buries my game discs will be beaten with a rubber hose.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:03 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Anyone else agree that Nimrod has proven to be accurate of his name? Not his namesake, but the modern understanding of the word. I'm hungry now, maybe I'll go have dinner cuz I have a real life, lol.