Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Firefall
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:15 am 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

I did not see a reference to this game here yet, so I am going to mention it! I have been involved in the forums pretty heavily since the beginning of September, since it was announced at PAX.

Here is a quote from the front page of the game's website.

Earth will never be the same. After the Crystite Wars, humanity inadvertently invited the worst enemy ever conceived: THE MELDING. It surrounds us. It forces us to live in pockets of land protected only by the accidental discovery of repulsor technology. We continue to fight for land. For technology. For power. For our very survival. JOIN THE FIGHT.

FIREFALL is a team-based action shooter. Join your friends in an epic online campaign across a vast open world to stop the Melding and fight for the survival of humanity against the army of the Chosen. Advance your army and character through technological upgrades. Level up different character classes. Compete for supremacy in various multiplayer game types. Push back the Melding. SAVE EARTH!

The game is set to release toward the end of 2011. The closed beta start has not been announced yet. When you sign up for the site/forums you automatically get put in the selection pool for the beta. Forum participation is not required.

HERE is a link to the blog. Since the game is around a year before release, there still is not a ton of new info out yet.
HERE is a good stickied thread about "what we know so far" about the game. Some pretty good info, as well as links to the vids of the game.
And HERE is a list of questions that have been answered by devs.

I do also have an ulterior motive to this thread :twisted: I ask that if you sign up, you use my forum name AgentSmith5150 on the sign-up page in the "referrals" field. The forum has an "experience" program setup that is purely for fun and has no real bearing on anything, including getting into the beta. So I get no real gain, it's just like a mini game in the forum so check it out!

Post subject: Re: Firefall
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:12 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

I haven't heard of it until now and I must say... it looks awesome! Borderlands/TF2 meets WoW is what immediately popped in my head when I saw it. Well OK first I thought they ripped off the StarCraft logo but needless to say I was surprised when I watched the video. It looks very smooth and fun to play. Hopefully the get the team mechanics down and the open beta out quickly because I really want to try it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:25 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

i was under the impression that Blizzard had a tiny stake in this game. if that's the case, i don't mind waiting a decade for it to be good. it looks like borderlands without the wastelands (if there are not many) i cant wait to see how it develops.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 am 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

lol, well, here's a thread (one of several) discussing the similarities or lack thereof between the two logos. :shock: and no, Red 5 is not affiliated in any way with Blizzard :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:54 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

the dude so totally got tentacle raped at the end.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:35 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

Raising this one from the grave.

I just want to thank MaximumPC for mentioning Firefall in this article:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/gaming ... know_about

I doubt it had anything to do with my insignificant post here, but it's good to see the nod from such a great magazine! I am a really involved part of that community, myself and a few others were recognized as major contributors. I am really excited about this title, and that's something that hasn't happened to me about a game in about 3 years. I think this one is going to shake things up pretty well.

Thanks again MaxPC! <3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:23 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Firefall looks a lot like Left For Dead to me using bugs instead of zombies.

Nasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:42 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

Hmm, that is definitely a comparison that hasn't been made yet :shock: Pretty much the constant ones are Borderlands, Tribes, and Planteside. Tribes makes sense especially since some of Red 5 worked on Tribes :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:15 am 
like a rock - waitaminute, I AM a rock
like a rock - waitaminute, I AM a rock

New information is hard to come by for this game but I've had it on my radar for 4 or 5 months now without new Intel to be had ... start testing it already! ;)