Thanks again 4 the comment and suggestions. Yeap switching i7-2600k to i5-2500k will save me $100 ! I guess switching to i5-2500k will be just the exclusion of the HyperThreading which is not applicable for gaming. I also just read that some ppl with i7-2600k have disabled the HT for better gaming !
so yea I think i'll continue to use my GTX-260 when I buy the new build. I can always wait for GTX570 price to go down around summer !
Microcenter : web ordered confirmed and ready for pickup TODAY :
Asus P8P67-M PRO LGA 1155 mATX Intel Motherboard 1 $149.99
Intel Core i5 2500K LGA 1155 Boxed Processor 1 $179.99
Patriot Extreme Performance Sector 5 G Series 4GB ... 1 $59.99 (with $30 rebate !)
Amazon.com : web ordered today :
Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply ($90)
Might or might not order these two (might use my spare Hitatchi 500GB and an old case for now):
Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 Inch 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA II 32 MB Cache Internal Hard Drive ($50)---- update ------
SILVERSTONE Fortress Series FT03B Black Aluminum / Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case ($170)
1) just got home from Microcenter for the i5-2500k + Asus P8P670M + Patriot Extreme 4GB
I might have forgotten 1 thing -- cpu cooler. I'm not sure if the i5-2500k package comes with stock cooler and thermal paste , I'll check later.
2) also bought from Microcenter a diablotek evo computer case on sale for $49.99 ...http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/Sku ... 022-02.jpghttp://images.highspeedbackbone.net/SKU ... 04-jrb.jpg
I fell in love with this case because of 4 things:
* PSU on the bottom
* 2 fans on the top
* front panel got 3 USB ports
* very sexy look !
Now I'm just gonna have to wait for Amazon to ship out my PSU and I'll be all set !
My other things to do:
1) use Acronis 2011 to do disk image of my existing gamer pc win7-64 bit partition
2) restore the disk image to a spare Hitachi 500GB using "restore using dissimilar hardware"
3) move my GTX260 into this new one
Thank you all for ur comments, tips and suggestions !