Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I.T & C SUCKS!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:28 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

So my wife was told by this guy at I.T.& C. that her Gateway T series laptop was broken and needed a new mother board, i took his word.

My mistake...

I purchased a hard drive dock and recovered the data that i wanted, only to pull the old computer out for kicks today to see if i could get it to POST. Initially it did not when i pushed the RAM into the slot all the way and screwed down a lose heat sinc/fan ... It did.

I had completely zeroed the hard drive after i had recovered the data, so now i have to wait through on of these brutal and annoying windows installs....

I think the people at I.T.& C. should know to check if the components are properly seated (the ram and proc) before they tell someone that their laptop doesn't work forcing them to spend another $750 they don't have....

this business is in Highland, IL

Last edited by codyandbecca on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Gateway T Series
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:19 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

So did your wife take this laptop to this business for them to look at? If so, I agree that they should know to check certain things out before giving some lame diagnosis. What does I.T. & C. stand for anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:57 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

pcstudent wrote:
So did your wife take this laptop to this business for them to look at? If so, I agree that they should know to check certain things out before giving some lame diagnosis. What does I.T. & C. stand for anyway?

Information, Technology and Computers.

Yeah she paid them $50 to tell her it was broke and remove the HDD and i was gone in the army.

I cant believe they wouldn't check....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:42 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I can! I used to work phone tech support for what is now known as AT&T Yahoo! DSL (via a third-party support vendor) up until nearly seven years ago (back then it was known as SBC Yahoo! DSL and before that, it was simply SBC DSL). Some of the horror stories I could tell you......... Anyway, this sounds like something that was actually "hands on" and they still managed to fail you. Sounds like these guys have all of the knowledge of Best Buy salesman or GeeksOnCall tech support.
To be fair, I have learned that most technical support (whether over the phone, via live chat, or even "hands on" ) is actually a crapshoot--you find a variety in the levels of knowledge concerning the actual product that you are seeking support for. Some people excel in technical knowledge, while others excel in providing customer service by simply being cordial, courteous, and polite throughout the call without actually assisting the customer in resolving the issue at hand. Because of this, I never get angry with the support person for their lack of technical knowledge--I simply establish communication with someone else to get a second opinion or fresh troubleshooting steps. I usually succeed in getting my issue resolved no later than the second try.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:49 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

So, since the beef isn't with the Gateway T Series laptops, you should change the title to something like: "I.T.&C., you suck ass!", or something similar, lol.

Post subject: Re: I.T & C SUCKS!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:15 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

They don't sound very popular or big. I live close to highland and never heard of them, probably for a good reason also.