Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am
Posts: 2057
Location: Indiana
After looking at future projections, I see a couple of us forum regulars and a bogey on my 6 who will be grouped fairly close.

The screenshot below shows 35 days out.

Image

Going out 90 days puts David Roe at #101, me at #104, jlh304 at #111, and chaosdsm at #127.

Chaosdsm, I know you've had some problems recently, but you have a lead starting out. A few changes could easily have you right in the mix.

jlh304, you've stepped it up and occasionally pop up on my threat list. Some tweaks might have you passing me by.

David Roe has yet to make an appearance in the forum, but he is constantly on my threat list. He will pass me unless I do something, so I have extended the challenge to him. To be included, though, I need to hear from him here.

What a better way to tune up for the Chimp Challenge than to throw down a gauntlet? And what is a gauntlet without something at stake? Mere reputation and bragging rights? No, I'm offering a bigadv WU folded under the username of the first one out of the challengees to the break the Top 100!

It is potentially a 3 month challenge. What do you say?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:42 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 4294
I see some people with higher ppd than me.


Bad time to lose all GTX 280's, and no chance of getting them back, and not likely replacements, since christmas/hannukkah gift for me is one of those new xbox 360's.





Ted


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:33 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:38 pm
Posts: 311
Location: VA Beach, VA
Ok I will accept your challange. Every time I get ready to chanllange you, you seem to sense something and send out your hit squads to take me down. I'm ready for you this time I've installed a state of the art security system. Nothing can get through, unless you somehow manage to fly through my defensives in a trench, and shoot a proton torpedo into the exhaust vent creting a chain reaction...

So the race is on to see who can break the top 100. Now I just need to figure out what tweaks to make.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:25 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am
Posts: 2057
Location: Indiana
You must have 3 or 4 GPUs running, which keeps your PPD a little steadier than mine. I have the spikes every couple of days, but in between I only have 1 GPU, a dual core laptop dropping SMP every day or so, and the occasional Classic WU being added. As of right now, my PPD is around 31K and your on my threat list at 42K. When my bigadv uploads this evening, it will boost the PPD back to 40-41K.

It should be very competitve. Game on!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:48 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 4294
jlh304 wrote:
Ok I will accept your challange. Every time I get ready to chanllange you, you seem to sense something and send out your hit squads to take me down. I'm ready for you this time I've installed a state of the art security system. Nothing can get through, unless you somehow manage to fly through my defensives in a trench, and shoot a proton torpedo into the exhaust vent creting a chain reaction...


Loudspeakers all over ship: Man your battle stations. Man your battle stations. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.


Image
(Screw you horrible droid camera; better pic coming soon)



my awesome folding battleship :twisted:



I have mapped my folding power to the ship's systems, and created a hilarious script in my head for it :D





Ted


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:08 pm
Posts: 1514
Location: Alberta, Canada
Hey Ted! I seem to remember you owing me a certain bigadv unit :D :twisted: :twisted:
Unless you did fold me one and I did not notice it :oops: :oops:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:17 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 4294
Oh, right. Going out of town (in the car right now), and I'll also need a passkey. do you know if you can paste from a web browser into a teamviewer session?





Ted


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:08 pm
Posts: 1514
Location: Alberta, Canada
You can paste from one to the other yes. I just tried it yesterday as i didnt want to set my email up on two comps so i copied it from my teamviewer computer and pasted it into the computer i was using.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:21 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:38 pm
Posts: 311
Location: VA Beach, VA
Curse you and your evil henchmen...

Image

Production will be back to full power soon :twisted: :D


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:46 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am
Posts: 2057
Location: Indiana
The screenshot has disappeared. I saw it, but hadn't commented on it before now. So, what happened? Looks like your full steam ahead again.

After a couple of months where I had interruptions in my folding for MaxPC, I have had everything running about tops all month long. It looks like it could be my first million point month. I think you would have been there, too, had your first week of December been like the others.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:03 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am
Posts: 2057
Location: Indiana
Tedster wrote:
jlh304 wrote:
Ok I will accept your challange. Every time I get ready to chanllange you, you seem to sense something and send out your hit squads to take me down. I'm ready for you this time I've installed a state of the art security system. Nothing can get through, unless you somehow manage to fly through my defensives in a trench, and shoot a proton torpedo into the exhaust vent creting a chain reaction...


Loudspeakers all over ship: Man your battle stations. Man your battle stations. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.


Image
(Screw you horrible droid camera; better pic coming soon)



my awesome folding battleship :twisted:



I have mapped my folding power to the ship's systems, and created a hilarious script in my head for it :D





Ted

Tedster, that thing is begging to be mounted on your K'nex computer case! Then it needs one more modification.

Whatever happened to that case? Is it still in use?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:24 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:38 pm
Posts: 311
Location: VA Beach, VA
Full_Taoer wrote:
The screenshot has disappeared. I saw it, but hadn't commented on it before now. So, what happened? Looks like your full steam ahead again.

After a couple of months where I had interruptions in my folding for MaxPC, I have had everything running about tops all month long. It looks like it could be my first million point month. I think you would have been there, too, had your first week of December been like the others.


I don't know why the screenshot disappeared. Any system locked up over night. Your right the first week of December my internet connection went down for about 6 days. Cox did a system upgrade and the most of the city didn't have internet service for two days.

Still having some glitchs here and there, but I hope to keep the pressure coming.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:38 pm
Posts: 311
Location: VA Beach, VA
So we can see some stats:

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:01 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am
Posts: 2057
Location: Indiana
AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I picked up one of those blasted p2684s. :evil:

That knocks my PPD down by nearly 10K!

Oh well. Fold what they give you and go on.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:01 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am
Posts: 2057
Location: Indiana
The latest 30-day forecast is very interesting...

Image


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:13 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 4294
Full_Taoer wrote:
AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I picked up one of those blasted p2684s. :evil:

That knocks my PPD down by nearly 10K!

Oh well. Fold what they give you and go on.


I got one two :evil:





Ted


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am
Posts: 2057
Location: Indiana
@jlh304 - You're catching me fast! I have plans to add to the hardware stable, but you may pass me before I even make the purchase.

This didn't help me:

Image

That little blip on 1/4/2011 was the aforementioned p2684.

My wife surprised me with plans to go out of town for New Year's Eve. She insists I shut everything down when we go away for more than just the evening. If she had given me advance notice, I could have dropped the bigadv flag a couple of days before that. Rather than dumping that WU, I finished it, even though the preferred deadline had passed. Everything should be back to normal now.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:38 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:38 pm
Posts: 311
Location: VA Beach, VA
Full_Taoer wrote:
@jlh304 - You're catching me fast! I have plans to add to the hardware stable, but you may pass me before I even make the purchase.



Is your Contra-Gender Approval Committee open to new appropriations? Hopefully not until I get to 100 :twisted: :lol:

Now if I can just get Mr. Roe off my six.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 4294
Full_Taoer wrote:
Tedster wrote:
jlh304 wrote:
Ok I will accept your challange. Every time I get ready to chanllange you, you seem to sense something and send out your hit squads to take me down. I'm ready for you this time I've installed a state of the art security system. Nothing can get through, unless you somehow manage to fly through my defensives in a trench, and shoot a proton torpedo into the exhaust vent creting a chain reaction...


Loudspeakers all over ship: Man your battle stations. Man your battle stations. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.


Image
(Screw you horrible droid camera; better pic coming soon)



my awesome folding battleship :twisted:



I have mapped my folding power to the ship's systems, and created a hilarious script in my head for it :D





Ted

Tedster, that thing is begging to be mounted on your K'nex computer case! Then it needs one more modification.

Whatever happened to that case? Is it still in use?


yes, yes it is :D

I don't need no USB missile launcher. I can press a button and the main turrets rotate to face one side or the other :D





Ted


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First to Top 100? - chaosdsm, jlh304, David Roe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:45 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 4294
and I have more than enough foam weaponry also :twisted:





Ted


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group