Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Can't stay logged in.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:06 am 

Why do I have to log in evertime I want to post in here or if I want to answer a post? I clicked the box to stay logged in. This all started after I upgraded my system from XP to 7 is there something i'm missing?

Post subject: Re: Can't stay logged in.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:10 am 
Team Dino
Team Dino

Try deleting any MaximumPC cookies.

n0b0dykn0ws

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:59 pm 

That didn't work so I deleted everything and tried again but just can't stay logged into this forum, and this forum only. I belong to many other forums and have no problems with those. :?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:28 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

This issue is coming back AGAIN :shock:

good thing it is not happening to me yet :D

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:49 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

It happened to me once yesterday, but slightly different circumstances as noted below if that helps someone to fix the issue and Pentaxian's issue.

1. I started my browser (FireFox) and then logged into both the main and forum sites. Log in went normally.

2. I then logged into my gmail acct and opened an email notifying me of a forum response. I clicked on the link in the email and it took me to the forum log in page as if I was not logged in. I tried it twice with the same results. This is pretty much exactly the way things was just after the forum overhaul.

4. So I went back to the Fire Fox forum tab and it said I was logged in. I figured I would try to manually go to the thread. As soon as I clicked on the appropriate sub-forum on the Index Page, the clinic I think, it logged me out of both the forums and the main site.

5. I tried to login again with the same results. I did this twice both manually and starting from the email link as above. Same problems.

6. I finally closed out all accounts and did a restarted the browser and logged in to my mail then the MPC site followed by the forums and it has been working fine since.

I'm not saying this was a cure, but pointing out exactly what happened in the hopes that one of you code heads will maybe know where to go to find the problem. Basically for about 30 minutes the site was acting exactly like it was just after the overhaul. I don't suppose it could be all those damned tracking sites you folks have logged in since the revamp conflicting with something could it? I mean there was never a problem like this before right? Or, as I understand it, the site was moved from MPC's supervision/maintenance to someone elses. Could that be the problem. Not trying to stir anything up just asking an honest question.

P.S. I don't think the timing applies to the OP but my case actually occurred after the latest Fire Fox update (3.6.13)