What do you use for gaming?
Razer 19%  19%  [ 15 ]
Logitech 52%  52%  [ 42 ]
Steelseries 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Other 23%  23%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 81
 Post subject: What do you game with?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:59 am 

Logitech, Razer, steelseries, or another.
What brand do you prefer for gaming with?

Post subject: Re: What do you game with?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Well, that's tricky, as the 1st post differs from the title. I game with a Logitech Mouse and an HP keyboard, lol, but I prefer Razer, just can't afford any of their gear.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:56 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

I use the Logitech Illuminated keyboard and a generic mouse.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:55 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

I'm using a Logitech G5 and Logitech G11. It's not brand preference, it just so happened that both the peripherals I liked best when I tried them out were both Logitech.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:04 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Logitech G15 (Orange) keyboard and most of the last 3 years with a Logitech G7 wireless. Trying to get use to a new Saitek, and it should take over for the G7 fairly soon.

But most of my gaming is done behind a Saitek PZ44 with a PZ46 mounted on top/PZ55 on top of the center monitor and a PZ35 on the floor. For Lo-MAC I dump the PZ44 and plop the X-65F on the desk.The mouse is seldom used in flying, and Saitek is pretty much the main gaming devices here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:55 pm 

KB: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000

Mouse: Razer Boomslang CE 2007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

G5 mouse a 7 buck keyboard. :lol:

Nasty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:54 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

MS Sidewinder X6 keyboard, Saitek X52 controller, and currently a Logitech MX1000 cordless mouse.

I'm a klutz when it comes to keyboarding especially in fast games like a good shooter. Fortunately you can program the hell out of that X52 flight controller to cover virtually all the main actions and use the mouse left handed for the rest. Works like a dream.

Chumly wrote:
But most of my gaming is done behind a Saitek PZ44 with a PZ46 mounted on top/PZ55 on top of the center monitor and a PZ35 on the floor. For Lo-MAC I dump the PZ44 and plop the X-65F on the desk.The mouse is seldom used in flying, and Saitek is pretty much the main gaming devices here.
Logitech G15 (Orange) keyboard and most of the last 3 years with a Logitech G7 wireless. Trying to get use to a new Saitek, and it should take over for the G7 fairly soon.

Chumly, how do you like that X65F controller. I have been looking hard at that thing recently because as much as I use my X52 I start getting real problems with my wrist in serious game sessions. I thought that pressure sensitive system looks to be the cat's ass. Is it as programmable as the X52?. During my FSX sessions I also sometimes have problems getting the dead zones right for the stick and rudder. It would seem that the X65 should cure that.

PS: for anyone with an X52 that may be interested in using it for other types of games I have a limited number of profiles I would be happy to share. I could provide a separate listing of needed default keyboard command changes where applicable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:15 pm 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

I am using the MS sidewinder X3. I looked at the X5 and X7 but hated them

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:00 am 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

cyborg RAT 5 for me, razer deathadder 3500 for the wife. cheap logitech kb for the both of us.

also run a xbox 360 controller or original logictech FF wheel/pedals for racing games (depends on which PC, the HTPC/flatscreen setup doesnt lend itself to the wheel; no place to put it), and an original logitech FF stick for space/flight sims. love to get a high end flight setup but that is the serious coin.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:56 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

How do you like the RAT 5? I've been considering a RAT 7 for a while now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:48 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Spartacus wrote:

While I haven't used them yet (still waiting for my RAT 9 on pre-order), I have seen several places note that the RAT 7 has a pretty good lag time in resynchronizing after picking it up and setting it down. I have also seen several places note that it seems MadKatz has changed something in the RAT 9 that has eliminated this problem. I haven't seen anything concerning the RAT 3 or 5. You may want to have a gander at these reviews( I chose them as it is the same reviewers doing both for continuity's sake):

R.A.T. 7; Usage Results - Tracking and accuracy
Quote:
The quality of the R.A.T. 7's Philips Twin-Eye 5600 DPI sensor was tested both in and out of game environments. Through ordinary use, a couple of interesting phenomenon became apparent.

The first involves physically lifting the mouse. Raising the mouse and lowering it again incurs a short delay in responsiveness. When the mouse is placed onto a surface, it will can take up to one second before it’ll respond to movement. Gamers who depend on lifting their mouse to reposition it aren't going to be impressed. Testing revealed that this delay was dependant on the surface used. The worst case was on a Razer eXactMat, followed by a wood veneer desk. The former would delay for close to a second, the latter approximately half a second. On a white melamine desk, the mouse appeared to respond instantly. Furthermore, there’s no known fix for this issue, and the most that could be found on this matter were gamers dissing the quality of ‘Twin-Eye’ lasers.

The second is also lifting related, except it takes effect when the laser is still in range with the surface. Lifting the mouse slowly, then placing it back onto the ground causes the cursor to flick in a south-east direction. This is a known issue, often attributed to devices with ‘Twin-Eye’ lasers.

R.A.T. 9; Battery Life and Tracking
Quote:
In Benchmark Reviews' previous review of the Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 7 mouse, we noticed some tracking issues when the mouse was picked up and set back down. My personally-owned R.A.T. 7 mouse will only track reliably on my desk surface, which would be fine except that I have a separate keyboard/mouse drawer with a textured black plastic mousing surface. Even third-party mouse pads (admittedly, cheap ones from Best Buy) didn't help: my R.A.T. 7 would lose tracking so frequently that it was all but useless. In normal use the pointer would randomly become slow or jumpy, and sometimes take several seconds to re-sync and start tracking smoothly again.

Although the R.A.T. 9 mouse appears to use the same sensor as the R.A.T. 7, none of these tracking issues occurred during my testing. The R.A.T. 9 tracked perfectly on a variety of surfaces, including my keyboard drawer's integrated mousing surface, the aforementioned cheap mouse pad, and anything else I tried. I can only hope that whatever fix Mad Catz implemented will find its way into the other members of the R.A.T. mouse family.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:55 am 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

Spartacus wrote:

so far (had it about a week) so good. but keep in mind I havent used many gaming mice besides the wifes deathadder. my previous mouse was just a standard MS laser 7000.

I would definitely get a 7 (or 9) instead of a 5 for the extra adjustability of the left side thumb panel, the 5 is not adjustable and seems just a bit far forward. not enough to be as deal breaker but still would be nice to slide it back just a touch. software is easy to set up, and the buttons are pretty well placed, you dont accidentally press them during heavy movement. the thumb panel is very comfortable with its bottom thumb rest.

the thing is solid. I have all weights in as I like a heavy mouse. it gives the impression you could use it as a tire wedge to block your vehicle from rolling if you need to change a tire.

tugboat: you are right, I have been using a cheap white mouse pad (the kind with a picture on it) and it tracks perfect on lift and drop. but I just tried it on a dark wood laminate surface and 9 times out of 10 there is a slight lag on lift and drop tracking, 1/2 sec or so. enough to make it useless on that surface, thats for sure.

no big deal for me as I use a pad but thats a good find, Ill keep it in mind if I ever go for a better mouse pad. gonna have to research it a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:38 am 
Team Member
Team Member

I'm useing a M$ sidewinder keyboard and a G5 mouse.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 pm 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

MS habu mouse & everglide dkt keyboard (both are actually razers)

steelseries qck mousepad, thought these were cheap enough to replace every few months, but my 1st one's lasted a year and a half, and hasn't fallen apart like all other cloth pads do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:46 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Saitek Eclipse III keyboard / Logitech G9x Mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:02 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

I'm probably the odd one -- I use and only use logitech trackman marble (trackball) ! I hate using mouse !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:46 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Saitek Eclipse II and standard optical mouse here..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:50 pm 

Logitech G500 mouse and Razer Orca headphones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:16 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

I love the hell outta my Logitech
G15 Keyboard and Logitech G9x
Mouse. :mrgreen:

Got these a while back too.