Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: I don't know if you're out there.... LUNKY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

All my hardware is folding right now (except for my dad's computer; he doesn't want f@h on it).

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:54 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Not all my hardware is folding, but I do have about 11 clients installed and of the hardware that can run FAH, about 99% of it is running (based on PPD, not actual client count, because some of these computers would not warrant even being turned on, let alone folding).

Around the middle of summer, I plan to build my new rig whether my old rig is sold or not and that should start off producing about 20k PPD with an SMP and GPU3 installed. But if I take the 9600 GSO and add it into that rig, I may bump that to 22k.

The painful part is the waiting. :?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:46 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Well... Lunky quit a few days ago when he saw me making daily 10k contributions - of which there were only two, and he could have beat me if he had stuck with it because the internet for me and everyone else in town with the same ISP was down last night for the entire night. With his averages, he still could easily have beaten me.

I hope you keep folding Lunky!
I will keep my eyes open for you in the future.

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:43 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

And the winner is...thejake490!

Congrats on a hard fought battle and on reaching the Top 1000. Lunky told me this afternoon he was watching the stats and could see it was going to go right down to a matter of hours between you two.

He shut down all of his folding due to a couple of issues. First, he said Norton didn't particularly like a new core the GPU downloaded. He had to tell Norton to make an exception for that executable. I told him I experienced the same thing. Second, he said he was hearing some funky noises he believed eminated from the GPU fan and suspected the bearings were going out in it.

The last thing he mentioned during our conversation was that he is contemplating a new computer. I don't know how that will work out, since he has previously indicated his Contra-Gender Approval Committee was not open to new appropriations at this time. Translation: his girlfriend won't let him buy a new one. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Very diplomatically put, Full_Taoer... I guess i'd do things he same way if I were in a controlled environment too. One of the perks of being single I guess.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he can merit some extreme rewards from his better half to help make up for not being allowed to build a new rig.
Translation: I hope he can get a secret savings account :P

Until next time or a different challenge, I have a contest to organize..... :D :D :D