Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: COD: Black Ops drops tonight
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:10 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Who is playing tomorrow?

I've got my copy preloaded on Steam so I'll be fragging tomorrow morning before hauling my tired ass to work. Anyone else buying the PC version?

Who is up for a console version of the game? Any particular reason you chose it over the PC version? (No flames, no insulting rhetoric, etc. ... let's have a civil discussion.)

Post subject: Re: COD: Black Ops drops tonight
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

i preloaded it yesterday afternoon, is it going to be midnight tonight? if so i plan to stay up late and get through maybe the first few missions or the entire game depending on difficulty. i will be staying up tonight in earnest. i purchased my CD key through Steam out of convenience.

i will probably not touch the Multiplayer at all unfortunately, as with previous Call of Duty titles - not sure but i think i suck pretty bad in MP, and prefer the consistency of SP AI instead. would maybe try the co-op features, whatever they may be sometime when i get more friends to play with.

i would also like to know if players play with subtitles enabled. i find subtitles pretty cool, and allow me to read during very explosive sequences.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:44 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Jipstyle wrote:
Who is playing tomorrow?

I've got my copy preloaded on Steam so I'll be fragging tomorrow morning before hauling my tired ass to work. Anyone else buying the PC version?

Who is up for a console version of the game? Any particular reason you chose it over the PC version? (No flames, no insulting rhetoric, etc. ... let's have a civil discussion.)

To weary after the MW2 fiasco. I'm giving it a week to see what people are saying and if it's solid then I'm sold.

EDIT: Or I'll talk to friends already playing. Steam users got screwed because it doesn't unlock until 10 am while people who pre-ordered retail are playing right now. A few of my gripes have been handled already, those being, dedicated servers but more importantly, ways to ban hackers from those servers so I won't have to deal with them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:33 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

The game was unlocked and decrypted when I got up this morning .. 10EST, maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:12 am 

I will most likely get it when I get home tonight on Steam. I was hesitant to get it because of how bad Medal of Honor is sucking and obviously how MW2 went down, but I have a friend who is in Vietnam and was playing it yesterday. He was giving my clan a run down on what was going on so it seems like my clan will be moving forward with this Call of Duty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:29 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

The early reviews have been very positive. It seems that, for once, Treyarch has actually improved on the COD franchise. I'm a little bit shocked and awed.

It is a BIG download, though, so be prepared to wait. I suspect Steam may be slow today. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 pm 

Yeah here's for hoping. I usually pull about 2.8 to 3 MB down from Steam so not too worried. Have a little Criminology reading to do and a Forensics quiz to take so that will take some time while the download comes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:51 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Haven't played singleplayer...but the multi is broke. Terrible stuttering, pretty sure it is not internet lag either. Like very bad programming or something. And I know for damn sure its not my computer.

I would try singleplayer, but am reinstalling bad company 2...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:34 pm 

armada439 wrote:
Haven't played singleplayer...but the multi is broke. Terrible stuttering, pretty sure it is not internet lag either. Like very bad programming or something. And I know for damn sure its not my computer.

Nice try bro. You might want to retract your I know for damn sure. I'm founder of an entire clan of 50 or so members that are playing the game and have had no such issues you speak of on the PC. Also know members of other PC clans that are playing the game just fine.

Last edited by Phosphorous on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:54 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

From what I understand the stock servers suck and are the cause of the lag. Clans that have purchased dedicated servers aren't having issues however. It's far to early to pass off the game as it hasn't even been out for a week yet. Hopefully Treyarch puts out hot fixes within the first 72 hours and a patch by the end of the month instead of letting the game flounder to much (looking at you Infinity Ward >_>). I plan on getting it sometime end of the month.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:58 am 

I played for a few hours last night with my clan and experienced no lag whatsoever. The game ran smooth as butta.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Phosphorous wrote:
armada439 wrote:

Nice try bro. You might want to retract your I know for damn sure. I'm found of an entire clan of 50 or so members that are playing the game and have had no such issues you speak of on the PC. Also know members of other PC clans that are playing the game just fine.

Yeah .. I had a great night of slaughtering peasants and didn't experience any lag or stuttering in either MP or SP.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:15 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Someone's angry; http://kotaku.com/5686869/black-ops-dev-glitchers-are-douche+bags-who-want-to-be-internet-nerd-famous

I agree that customers should hold themselves with some sense of reserve and professionalism. But, this guy is just pissed for sending out a defective product and being called out on it. Sorry for giving you $60 and overreacting on your shitty efforts. Next time, everyone should just hand you $60 and you don't have to give them anything - not even a game; you unprofessional asshole.

Also, you KNOW your player base is partially made up of children. Did you not expect idiocy to run abound? You are aware that children are immature and do not expect video games to ship with some glitches, right?

This guy is a few titty attacks away from reaching Denis Dyack's level of dickbaggery.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:43 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

The article says he is pissed ... his comments don't sounds pissy, though.

I agree with everything that he says .. glitchers are douche-bags and people who are trying to be the 'first to glitch' are trying to be 'Internet nerd famous'.

I do think he should leave the public speaking to the Marketing department, though, and stick to figuring out this lagging problem. I haven't experienced it but there are enough reports for it to be credible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:03 am 

Jipstyle wrote:
I do think he should leave the public speaking to the Marketing department, though, and stick to figuring out this lagging problem. I haven't experienced it but there are enough reports for it to be credible.

This

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:07 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

I picked up Black Ops at Midnight when it was launched it seems very good compared to MW2, the SP could have been better but it was good. The Online part seems very good had no problems with pings or nothing. Wish it had the option of using Direct X 11 like another very good shooter had but that's minor.