Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Entry level Certifications?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 am 

I'll be honest I feel the best way to prep for any of the + certs is to do the boot camp. Usually one week and they will cover just about all the material. Its quick and effective.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:59 am 

zerepdivad wrote:
Yeah i figured i'd end up getting that response. So i'll be honest. I was a horrible student in high school and a 4 year university is simply out of the question for me. And since 2 year schools have little to no requirements, and certs do as well i figured either of those would be most realistic for me.

Honestly, high school GPA doesnt really matter. I had a 2.8 GPA in high school due to my lack of caring. I didnt do homework and very rarely studied. Thats just the kind of person I am. However, getting into a 2 year college is quite easy, even if your GPA was a lot lower. My GPA in college now is somewhere around a 3.6 (possibly up to a 3.7 depending on grades this semester). I am currently just taking some of the basic computer courses required for any 4 year degree (I already have a 2 year degree in CAD Design but decided I didnt want to go that route). I dont know about colleges around your area, but you may want to look into doing a 3+1 degree with a local college and a larger university. Im going to Muskegon Community College (in Michigan) and they have a new degree called Computer Information Technology, which is a 3 + 1 through Ferris State Univeristy. The degree requires all the courses, I believe its like 4 certifications and an internship before you can even get your diploma. Personally I think something like this would set you up with everything you need to get a good starting job right out of college.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:15 am 

Hey look a zombie.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:57 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Headshot!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2