Just got this e-mail from Future Publishing, could be the answer...
We're posting this to let you know that on the morning of Thursday 7th October, we are moving the PC Format forum to a new home, at TechRadar.com/forum. This will affect how and where you logon, so please read on.
Why are we doing it?
We're doing this in order to provide a bigger and better environment for our users, as well as consolidating our forum software into a single system. The upshot is our forums should be faster and more reliable.
We're also taking the chance to make the forums easier to use for a wider range of people by changing how they are organised. This may mean some familiar threads have been merged or moved to a different sub-forum. Our apologies if, to begin with, this means things are a little unfamiliar.
What does means for you?
There are a number of changes you will see immediately.
* Your UserID will be slightly different - prefixed now by pcf_ but your password will be the same. You will need to use this new UserID to login.
* You will see a new forum structure. Your old posts will still be available. You will also see a clearer distinction between the types of post - problem solving, general discussion, magazine-related and so on.
* You should bear in mind that it would be best not to post while the switchover is taking place. This is to minimise the chances of posts getting lost in the process.
When are we doing this?
* The morning of Thursday 7th October. Note any posts made after this time will not be carried over
* We will also be emailing you your new login details as soon as the switchover is complete, on the Thursday.
What can I do if there are any problems?
* If there are any problems during this process, please contact email@example.com
or post in the 'TechRadar problems' thread in the TechRadar sub-forum.
Many thanks for reading,
Editor in Chief, TechRadar