Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:35 pm 
8086
8086

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 1
Hello There..
I like Grand Theft Auto - Windows - Everyone knows what GTA is!
Wild Metal - Windows - 3D strategic vehicular combat game set in a distant land
Ground Control - Windows - classic RTS


Promotional Codes
fine lingerie store


Last edited by jhonsadins on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:39 pm 
8086
8086

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:42 pm
Posts: 9
Location: wyoming
jhonsadins wrote:
Hello There..
I like Grand Theft Auto - Windows - Everyone knows what GTA is!
Wild Metal - Windows - 3D strategic vehicular combat game set in a distant land
Ground Control - Windows - classic RTS



Should include some links :D

edit: never mind, I see it is on the first post.......my bad


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:48 pm 
8086
8086

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 48
THE BATTLE FOR WESNOTH!!!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:17 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am
Posts: 1112
Location: On t3h h1gh s3@z, fly1n m@h fr3@k fl@g!
Wtf ever happened to Battlefield: Heroes? I was really looking forward to that one.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 pm 
Northwood
Northwood
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 pm
Posts: 2429
PM_DMNKLR wrote:
Wtf ever happened to Battlefield: Heroes? I was really looking forward to that one.


It's been out for like... a year?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:05 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24224
Location: Granite Heaven
PM_DMNKLR wrote:
Wtf ever happened to Battlefield: Heroes? I was really looking forward to that one.


As nman pointed out: it is alive and well


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:05 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am
Posts: 1112
Location: On t3h h1gh s3@z, fly1n m@h fr3@k fl@g!
Awesome, thanks!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:58 pm 
Northwood
Northwood
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 pm
Posts: 2429
LOTRO's free.... I'm going to try it out, hopefully I don't have ads for horse armor every 3 minutes.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:59 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:17 am
Posts: 2519
Location: Zion
nmanguy wrote:
LOTRO's free.... I'm going to try it out, hopefully I don't have ads for horse armor every 3 minutes.


It's free, but very limited in what you can do. They make it just free enough that you have to purchase stuff in order to really do anything.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:04 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am
Posts: 1112
Location: On t3h h1gh s3@z, fly1n m@h fr3@k fl@g!
Phosphorous wrote:
They make it just free enough that you have to purchase stuff in order to really do anything.


...so it's like Mafia Wars on MySpace or Facebook, lol. Man I hate that game!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:01 pm 
Northwood
Northwood
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 pm
Posts: 2429
Phosphorous wrote:
nmanguy wrote:
LOTRO's free.... I'm going to try it out, hopefully I don't have ads for horse armor every 3 minutes.


It's free, but very limited in what you can do. They make it just free enough that you have to purchase stuff in order to really do anything.


Yeah, it got boring after like 2 or 3 hours. It took longer to download the game. It was like 12 damned gigabytes, and it still looks like ass.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:17 am
Posts: 2519
Location: Zion
Yep a big waste of time. I tried that game because a friend at work was playing and he liked it. I thought it sucked, but I was playing WoW at the time which was a much better game in comparison.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 24224
Location: Granite Heaven
Steam currently has an open beta for the new MOH .. but it is only open until Oct 7


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 pm 
8086
8086
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 18
Location: NC, USA
Perhaps the best billiards game ever made, available for free, Carom3D is free and is played online, and has a great 3D environment. Also, it has many different games, such as 8-ball, 9-ball, Snooker, 3-Ball, 4-ball, Card Ball (which i haven't figured out yet). It has amazing quality, and is very addictive. On the website, pay no attention to the anime characters, you can choose between two game engines; the new engine features said characters (which to me, interfere with the flow of the game), and the old engine, which makes it simpler and more practical to play with.

Also, for flash games, i usually go to Andkon Arcade, which features over a thousand flash-based games. Granted, most are kinda crappy, but within the rocks, a few genuine gems can be found.
I even made a little app in VB that acts as a laucher to some of my favorites from the site.

Hope you guys enjoy. ;)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:26 pm 
Million Club
Million Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:04 pm
Posts: 985
Location: Chapel at Midgar
So I am cheap. erm...broke and cheap.

Not everyone can afford the newest releases and still feed the cat something other than scraps from the neighbor's garbage. So here is the Open Source Games list from Wiki. I personally have played a few of these games and some are worth playing, especially if you also cannot afford a newer gaming rig. (AssaultCube will play nicely on a Pentium 4 2.0ghz that has at least a 128mb video card).

Open Source Games

So feel free to experiment a little and let us know what you thought of these titles. There are a few others not mentioned on the list, like Warsow and Gunz (Both FPS games. Warsow is like Unreal Tournament meets Metroid Prime).

:P

There You go Jipstyle. Maybe one of these days I'll host a server on AssaultCube and challenge you to a map match. You should practice. :)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:30 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 105
I can't belive that noone has listed Command and Conquer (the first one)

It's free to download at Fileplanet and works with Win XP (I dont know about win 7), however it comes as an ISO file because you need to burn it into a CD and you need to have the CD in to play the game.
You will need one CD for the GDI campaing and one for the NOD.

If you dont't have a CD burner software you should take a look at this thread or do a google search for a free ISO burner

If you have never played this game before, you should't try it, instead go and try C&C 3 or Tiberium Sun wich is also free too. If you have played this before, it's going to bring back memories of the good times :)
I got it recently and did the whole GDI canpaign.

It looks better in a small screen.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:05 pm 
Million Club
Million Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:04 pm
Posts: 985
Location: Chapel at Midgar
Mortal_M wrote:
I can't belive that noone has listed Command and Conquer (the first one)

It's free to download at Fileplanet and works with Win XP (I dont know about win 7), however it comes as an ISO file because you need to burn it into a CD and you need to have the CD in to play the game.
You will need one CD for the GDI campaing and one for the NOD.

If you dont't have a CD burner software you should take a look at this thread or do a google search for a free ISO burner

If you have never played this game before, you should't try it, instead go and try C&C 3 or Tiberium Sun wich is also free too. If you have played this before, it's going to bring back memories of the good times :)
I got it recently and did the whole GDI canpaign.

It looks better in a small screen.

AWESOME! I love that game, even the old school versions are addictive.

ImgBurn (Currently at version 2.5.2.0) is an excellent ISO burner/Creator that also has the ability to verify images that have been burned to disc and images that have been created from disc. It's so easy to use that I would be surprised if anyone screwed up using it. :P


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:44 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 105
thejake490 wrote:
AWESOME! I love that game, even the old school versions are addictive.

ImgBurn (Currently at version 2.5.2.0) is an excellent ISO burner/Creator that also has the ability to verify images that have been burned to disc and images that have been created from disc. It's so easy to use that I would be surprised if anyone screwed up using it. :P


That's the same program that I use. And you are right, it's sooooo easy, even a caveman could do it ;)

I followed your link and it led me to a page to download codecs and didn't find it, so here is the link to the official website :)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:52 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:44 am
Posts: 2681
Location: Up in you attic...Wi-Fi is delicious
King's Quest 1-3 Re-Mastered.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Free Video Games List
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:09 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 1922
Location: A place not actively occupied by something else.
The first 3 C&C games are free on the C&C website... Also Angband. Hopefully no-one mentioned these yet :lol:


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

© 2014 Future US, Inc. All rights reserved.