Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Droid X
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I am a verizon customer (won't swich, on a parent's family plan), and I am do for an upgrade in 2 weeks. I have been eying the Droid X for quite some time now. Anyone have and positive/negative experiences with it?

Post subject: Re: Droid X
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:45 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I am hearing rumors of a Droid T2 running gingerbread due for a holiday release. Front facing camera and dual core 1GHz snapdragon processor. Making me very envious, I think I will hold off for this monster.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:06 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

I doubt it. The T-Mobile G2 was supposed to have a 1.2Ghz dual-core, turns out it has an 800Mhz Snapdragon. Rumors are just that rumors. The smartphone market is moving so fast that if you start waiting for a phone, you'll never stop.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:50 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I guess it is not a snapdragon, but Nvidia's Terga 2 dual core. I know waiting for technology can be a slippery slope, but for me I really think it would be worth it in this case. I am still a student, I will be graduating in the spring, so an extra few months of not paying for a data plan is a good thing anyway. Plus I only have to wait like 2-3 months (hopefully), and for what is said the T2 is packing, it seems well worth it. It will be the first gingerbread, a dual core, 1080p video recording, and a front facing camera are huge upgrades over the Droid X, which is already a pretty damn good phone.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/20 ... ad_os.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:46 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I've had my Droid X for a couple of weeks now. I love this phone so far. I have not had a ton of time to play with it yet and get it completely personalized but so far my only issue has to do more with the website for work and dead areas (those cant be helped where I am sometimes). Screen size is great responsiveness of the phone itself is very good, I no longer have the hour glass of death that my storm gave me. Being able to bust my kid for being on the computer after bedtime is awesome. Having good browser really helps when I need to setup someone's router and they don't have a computer handy because they are moving in is great. Overall a kick ass phone just get it if you can handle the size.