Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need Help For Doing MCSE Course
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:14 pm 

Hi! I am new to this site. Can anybody guide me from where should I complete MCSE Course so I can make a good carrier ? I search sites for this course. Can anybody guide me which is the best from following? Thanks a lot !!! (In advance)
1.e-learningcenter
2.onlinetraining4u
3.gatlineducation
4.staffkit
5.measureup

Last edited by marchansan on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Need Help For Doing MCSE Course
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:53 pm 

Get a MCSE course book and study. Set up labs with VMWare. Also, if you are relying on MCSE to have good career, you will need more than that. I would suggest getting a degree if you do not have one already.

Post subject: Re: Need Help For Doing MCSE Course
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:36 am 

I must concur with Phroot. With all the out of work IT folks looking for jobs (believe it or not, lots of companys are trying to have most IT jobs off shore with min. support on site). So you will need the degree just to be normal. I have 20 years in IT but because I do not have a degree (lots of certs) people do not want to hire me. I cannot get an entry level job becuase they feel I will leave them when a real position comes along, and they will not hire me for a higher level position since I do not have a degree and the HR would feel safer hiring a degree person for the job. You may notice now that most jobs require a degree if you want an IT job at a well known company or good company.

If you did not know someone, wouldn't you want to make sure you are hiring someone that at lease has exposure to everything in IT then just one area. Companies are so cheap now that they have IT doing everything, not just what they hire you for. I was working for an international company and I was still the only IT person on site for 300 people. I was telecom, server, network, and desktop support. You had better get that 4 year degree fast becuase now since the job market is so saturated, companies are getting picky and want so much more. Kind of like you are the only buyer for a car between 2 competing car dealerships and they will fight for your money. Well, you are the dealership now fighting for the job and the guy you are in compatition with may have a masters or experiance (but cost too much, although he may be disperate). You need to stack the deck in you favor as much as possible.

Certs are great great but very narrow. If you want to make sure you can change with the times , get the degree. Then when they send all the jobs to India (becuase they know the value of an education) you will still be able to get a job that will feed you and your family.

IMHO

PS. I will be done with my 4 year degree in project management in March 2011. Then I will lookd for a job. THe job market is slow now, it is a good time to go to school.