Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Belkin's Chat Support--Two thumbs up!!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:49 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I have never been a big fan of Belkin networking products as I have always believed Linksys and D-Link to be the main two superior manufacturers of networking hardware, and my personal experience with Linksys networking products has been extremely satisfactory over the last few years. However, I must say that my experience with Belkin's chat support puts Belkin up there with Linksys and D-Link in both quality and support. The two technicians with whom I conducted the chat sessions with in order to resolve a friend's issue with a Belkin F6D4230-4 N150 Enhanced Wireless Router turned out to not only be helpful, but knowledgeable as well. And while the first chat support session did not resolve the issue, it did give me one more troubleshooting step to relate to the second technician as having already been tried, and helped result in obtaining the final solution to the issue (the solution involved the process of performing a "hard reset" of the router and resetting the router's settings via the router's web interface for proper connection to the ISPs modem. If there was one negative that I found with the chat support from Belkin, it was the seemingly frequent disconnects from the servers that were hosting the chat sessions with the technicians. However, the disconnects were not enough to completely cut me off from the technicians in the chat support sessions and allowed me to reach troubleshooting procedures with both of the support technicians. Way to go, Belkin!!!!!