Post subject: Microsoft Releases Seven Security Patches
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:24 pm 

Get em while there hot!

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php? ... &sid=18910

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:03 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

hehe, not to flame IE but mozillaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:12 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

*rolls eyes*

Mozilla isnt perfect either pal.

Not to mention, none of those were released for IE. They were mostly OE updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:53 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

SomeGuy wrote:
*rolls eyes*

Not to mention, none of those were released for IE. They were mostly OE updates.

In that case..... go, go Thunderbirds! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:38 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

SomeGuy wrote:
*rolls eyes*

but id still stick to firefox

Post subject: IE
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:10 am 

i like IE.. faster.. more holes but nothing is perfect.. i checked out the other browsers.. and none feel "right".. ill stick with IE, until someone can show me a browser that loads up pages as fast as IE and with out all the bells and whistles..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:40 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

BiggPa wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
*rolls eyes*

Good for you. I'm happy and safe with IE. Anybody that has a decent firewall in place shouldn't have problems with IE.
I personally dont care for Mozilla because it just feels noticeably slower to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:55 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

SomeGuy wrote:
BiggPa wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
*rolls eyes*

Good for you. I'm happy and safe with IE. Anybody that has a decent firewall in place shouldn't have problems with IE.
I personally dont care for Mozilla because it just feels noticeably slower to me.

FireFox is strange like that...works great for some people, but not for others...

Post subject: Re: IE
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:36 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

Sgt.Hulka wrote:
i like IE.. faster.. more holes but nothing is perfect.. i checked out the other browsers.. and none feel "right".. ill stick with IE, until someone can show me a browser that loads up pages as fast as IE and with out all the bells and whistles..

Enough with this IE is faster BS..... let's see some links that prove it. Tired of this unsubstantiated crappola about IE being friggin rocket and everything else a VW.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:25 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Sgt.Hulka wrote:

I think what Gadget is trying to say is that we keep hearing this (That IE is faster) but there are no tests (that I ahve found) that show this to be true. The exception is on initial program start. IE loads faster.

I have tested this myself but not to any extent (three systems only). What I found was that they are the same. Infact, overall FireFox was faster than IE in my last test, but its site dependant.

I don't doubt that IE may "feel" faster than Moz engine stuff. But do you know of any place where they have a bench that shows this to be true?

This has been an argument before. People say "IE is faster" but then it turns out it only "feels" faster or they think its faster 'cuz someone said it was.

Then of course - since its a pain - no-one wants to actually check.

Manta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:09 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

MantaBase wrote:
Sgt.Hulka wrote:

I think what Gadget is trying to say is that we keep hearing this (That IE is faster) but there are no tests (that I ahve found) that show this to be true. The exception is on initial program start. IE loads faster.

I have tested this myself but not to any extent (three systems only). What I found was that they are the same. Infact, overall FireFox was faster than IE in my last test, but its site dependant.

I don't doubt that IE may "feel" faster than Moz engine stuff. But do you know of any place where they have a bench that shows this to be true?

This has been an argument before. People say "IE is faster" but then it turns out it only "feels" faster or they think its faster 'cuz someone said it was.

Then of course - since its a pain - no-one wants to actually check.

Manta

I figured out why people think IE is faster. It is because it seems to sit there and do nothing and then load everything quickly, all at once. It evens does this on my connection from the university (of course, this is only a fraction of a second here - but still, you can see it).

Here is further proof that IE is NOT faster. I just went to dslreports and tested both - if IE is some how magically faster than other browsers it should show up here too, right?. They both posted exactly the same numbers....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:53 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Well,

I am not sure - the connection speed has nothing to do with it I don't think. I see what you are saying though - the responce time might effect the numbers.

All I know is I am tired of timing it over and over and having folks tell me they know IE is faster "'cuz they timed it once" or 'cuz they read it someplace

According to what I have read, the Gecko rendering engine is much faster than IE.

Also, folks need to time browsers with the cashe disabled and start when you click a link and stop when it says done at the bottom.

You could be right on the "display after loading" set up of IE VS FF's show as you go setup. Of course I think you can change these options in the browsers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:10 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

MantaBase wrote:
I am not sure - the connection speed has nothing to do with it I don't think. I see what you are saying though - the responce time might effect the numbers.

A dsl speed test isn't all that different - packets are sent and received. If one of the engines was inefficient, there is a pretty good chance it would show up here as well. We could say that it is additional quantitative evidence that IE isn't some magic rocket engine.

MantaBase wrote:
You could be right on the "display after loading" set up of IE VS FF's show as you go setup. Of course I think you can change these options in the browsers.

I think this is what gives people the impression that IE is faster. It sort of sits there doing nothing and then - poof - the whole page just jumps up at once. I'll have to test it out on a slower connection later. Everything pops up immediately on my work connection.