I finally took the time out and completely reset everything from the router to the adapter to modem and re-configured it.
Here is something odd I found when setting it up. When I changed the name of the SSID it would loose signal on the wireless end, wired connections were fine. I know that the wireless signal shouldn't change with the SSID but some how it did!
Before I go into this however let me first say that everything is back to normal on the wireless end of things and thank you Hitman
and rencently cup
I tried to be systematic about this issue I had when I did the factory reset so that I could find the problem and could explain it better if needed.
After the factory reset I started by closing the network up by changing the signal to N-only, password, encryption, etc.
After I got all of the usual stuff out of the way, and saved after every step, I decided to change my SSID. I kept a close eye on my throughput speed and internet speed. I tested speed at 25% completion intervals. When I changed the SSID to my original name the speed fell out to near dial-up speeds
so I changed it back to linksys. Then I tried a new name and it didn't like that so I left it on linksys for 24hrs. After going to work and coming back I decided to try it again and it held with the new SSID! I'm not sure after all that what the deal was but I thought I would share.