Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Provantage.com
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:53 am 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Provantage is definitely a disadvantage in my book..........

Ordered a 950Watt Corsair TX from their site on Tuesday, May 18th. Was "IN STOCK" according to their website when I ordered. Order processed fast enough, but at the end of the week it changed to the following:

Quote:
Your order has been placed with one of our suppliers who will ship it directly to you.
Note: Your order has been forwarded to a regional warehouse for processing. We will issue an invoice once we have confirmation.

Now I waited a week, not a problem figured there was some sort of inventory issue and they would get some middle of next week. Finally I got somewhat impatient and sent them a e-mail asking what is up? I get the following response, mindful that I am being very polite and just wondered what the issue was. Removed name of the person I replied with since it isn't this guy's fault it's being delayed.

Quote:
Hello,

I have checked on your order and the estimated ship date for your order is 06/02/10. I am sorry for the delay and if you need any further assistance, please contact us back.

Thank You,

Customer Service Representative
PROVANTAGE® Corporation

Well needless to say 6/2 has come and gone. Yes, I know it's a estimated ship time, but I did ask again what the hold up is. I got the following response

Quote:
Hello,

I have requested for an update from my distributor and the new estimated ship date for your order is 06/10/10. I am sorry for the delay and if you need any further assistance, please contact us back.

Thank You,

Customer Service Representative
PROVANTAGE® Corporation

Now I am wondering where the heck they got 6/2 when all of a sudden it switches to 6/10? Are they that in the dark about their incoming shipments? I think not........... Also if it says "IN STOCK" on their website shouldn't they have it on hand to ship the dang thing? Heck! Right now on their site they are showing 23 of the same power supply I ordered as in stock!!! What the heck is going on here?!?!?!?

Sent a reply asking to get my money back and to cancel the order but have not received a reply as of yet...........

Stay away!!!!!!!! Horrible company!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:59 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Turn your credit card over and look for the phone number...

Call it and tell them what is happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:29 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

That tactic is common among the less reputable companies. They keep pushing back your ship date and yet claim they have them in stock.

Sometimes you get it right away, the other times I've no idea because the minute they change the ship date I cancel the order. Cancel through your credit card, not the company itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 pm 

Well I got the order cancelled, and I guess they don't charge your credit card/method of payment until the item ships.

So it's been cancelled, I will however keep a close eye on transactions to see if anything gets taken out.

Hopefully noone else stumbles upon them as it was posted on the slickdeals forum for a good price for this power supply. Hopefully noone else got boned on this 'deal'

Ordered one off newegg for ~20-30$ more but I know I will receive it in a timely fashion :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:59 pm 

chikinz wrote:
That tactic is common among the less reputable companies. They keep pushing back your ship date and yet claim they have them in stock.

Less reputable companies? The same thing happened to me with Dell!

Provantage is usually one of the good guys, from what I hear (never ordered from them myself, but never heard a cross word about them until now). Surprised to hear this.