Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: F**KING AT&T!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:52 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Now i know this isnt computer related, but i need to rant about this shit.

Ok so, Me and my woman both have AT&T cellular phones, hers is I believe the Samsung Magnet, or another Samsung phone like it, and mine is the Samsung Impression. Mine is almost brand fucking new, and i have been having issues with it lately. and she has been having her own.

I have the Go phone plan with unlimited talk and text, she has her own service for an actual plan.

Anyways, the shit issues with my phone, It worked perfectly for about a month, untill they did some half ass software update on it, now sometimes when i text her, they never send. I have to completely turn the phone off, remove the battery and sim card, and then reboot it to get it to function and send txts to her again, this only happens when im texting her, it will just sit there for freakin ever and say sending. but it does send shit. Next issue, When i want to make a call, my phone screen goes blank really quick, that wouldnt usually bother me, BUT I NOW CANT HEAR ANYBODY THROUGH THE EARPIECE HALF THE DAMN TIME!!! so i need to put them on speaker, but i cant because when im in a call i get no damn screen. and that is not supposed to happen. so i have to end the call and keep trying until i can get the screen to stay long enough for me to quickly get it to speaker. and its the same bullshit for incoming calls as well.

Now to her issues that piss me off the most.

Her phone seems to work perfectly fine. she can send and receive txts, pics, media, all that happy horse shit. but now, when we try to actually talk on the phone, after maybe 30 seconds, hers drops the damn calls. and this only happens to me. she can be on the phone for hours with her mother or anybody else. me a whopping 30 seconds

its like AT&T has something against us. so they are going to get a call in the morning, and im going to flip the hell out. We have tried calling them many times to get in response "ur phone doesnt support the go phone plan." MY FUCKING ASS!! it worked flawlessly for a whole month until you updated my software.. i have already had my phone replaced once for the same texting issues, and i dont know about hers. This is absolute bullshit. I pay my money so that i can communicate with people, and my significant other mostly. but i cant even fucking do that. what the hell do i have to do? and no im not goin verizon. or some other shitty company i have had worse service through them and when i go out of country i cant unlock there phones for any sim card.

Rant OVER!!:evil:

Any takers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:23 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

This *almost* makes me happy I don't have a smartphone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Well thats the thing. Neither of our phones are smart phones. Mine isnt classified as a smart phone. And i used to have the magnet, it sure as hell isnt smart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:40 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

Did you not opt for the insurance on your phone? Or do they even offer that on Go Phones? If not, get your ass in touch with the company and tell them you need an RMA for your shitty phone. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:00 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

I actually bought it on EBAY :D

If i got it replaced the first time for free (forgot to mention that) im pretty sure it has some sort of warranty, or insurance. I just took it to the AT&T warranty center down the road, and they replaced it no questions asked. i am going to try that again.

The phone is absolutely amazing when it works properly. i love it. but shit man, after the software updates they did to both of my phones, they just started fucking up. I think it might have been a bad flash. :?

I dont know if my lady has done anything with hers, so im just going to yell, scream, bitch and moan, till i get our shit straight. it is such a crappy way to go, but after a combined calling of about 13 times, the shit has got to stop.

Post subject: Think ABOUT it..EBAY!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:32 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Holy CRAPTASTIC!!! You can BUY a ATT Go Phone from Walmarts starting at $29.99 NEW!!!!! What ALF told you to buy someone else's problem? Think ABOUT it, Why would they EVEN want to sell their cell phone for other than something is wrong with it. NOW if YOU really want I have a ATT phone that was MADE by ATT altho it's not a cell phone, BUT I'll SELL it to you cheaply. :lol:

graydiggy wrote:
I actually bought it on EBAY :D

If i got it replaced the first time for free (forgot to mention that) im pretty sure it has some sort of warranty, or insurance. I just took it to the AT&T warranty center down the road, and they replaced it no questions asked. i am going to try that again.

The phone is absolutely amazing when it works properly. i love it. but shit man, after the software updates they did to both of my phones, they just started fucking up. I think it might have been a bad flash. :?

I dont know if my lady has done anything with hers, so im just going to yell, scream, bitch and moan, till i get our shit straight. it is such a crappy way to go, but after a combined calling of about 13 times, the shit has got to stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:15 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

another reason to use verizon (and the superawesome android)

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:43 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Spartacus wrote:

I have a smartphone and I couldn't be happier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

I've been using AT&T for years and never had an issue. Then again I always buy my own unlocked cell phones. No bloat, garbage, or issues.

The wife is using a Nokia 5300 XpressMusic, my son/daughter are using Nokia E63's, and I'm using a Nokia E75/Blackberry Bold 9000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:35 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

Satchboy wrote:
Spartacus wrote:

note the *almost*
I wish I had a smartphone, just commenting on the problems some can have. I'll probably get a Droid Incredible at the end of the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:39 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Spartacus wrote:
Satchboy wrote:
Spartacus wrote:

note the *almost*
I wish I had a smartphone, just commenting on the problems some can have. I'll probably get a Droid Incredible at the end of the summer.

Ny Daughter wanted one to replace her CrackBerry. I showed here this and now she is going to wait for some more reviews.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/htc-droid-incredible-review/2/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:29 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

I hadn't seen that review, but I did read tons of reviews comparing it with the Nexus One (which I was planning to buy before the Incredible came out) and most said the Incredible was better, most notably the excellent Anandtech review of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:53 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

I love my nokia E72 best smart phone i have had :) still miss my crackberry tho :( lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:14 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

haha. didnt think this would get brought back to life.

i wanna get the tilt 2 now, but its so expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:34 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Get the droid.

I actually make most of my posts from it (including this one)

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:23 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Android is cool, Snap dragon CPU's are too, and who bundles that with good service with a usable interface? Pick your favorite phone, and it may not be available on your carrier due to contracts.

Qualcomm has dual core SnapDragon CPU's coming out. Will it be HTC that gets the phone right, but not the good carrier? Always seems like we settle on carriers and not the phone itself. Others turned down the iPhone.

The great phones seem to be always on the poor carrier. Unless you are i-fans, then it doesn't matter. Those type tolerate poor carriers to have trendy hardware. I'd take a poor carrier just to have an HTC phone. Otherwise, buy a damned iPad. Self importance is base on the phone you carry, and we really don't give a shit about Tweet or Facebook updates.

I'm pushing 35yo, and debate this with my 17yo. Does it have reception? It's a phone....old guy syndrome; probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:00 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

i did have an iphone but i couldnt stand it for texting. other than that i loved it. i like to have a phone with a full qwerty keyboard. i like to feel what buttons i am pushing. touch screen is also a very nice bonus. i dont like phones like the magnet, or the blackjack. the keyboard is too small for me. i love the impression.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:29 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

So, since the post is alive again, what did you do with the phone?

possible solution

Verizon used to replace cell phone bought from ebay or given to us until recently. They said they will no longer honor the insurance on a phone that isn't bought from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:40 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Blondie wrote:
So, since the post is alive again, what did you do with the phone?

possible solution

Verizon used to replace cell phone bought from ebay or given to us until recently. They said they will no longer honor the insurance on a phone that isn't bought from them.

what phone are you talking about? my iphone i had, or the impression i have now?

also i am a member of those forums you linked, i have read that entire thread and all posts that go with it, unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. its just a bug in the programming of the phone itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:06 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Samsung Impression