Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newegg screwed up
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:55 am 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

recently newegg updated it's site with a new search list. it adds some functionality over the old one with respect to comparing parts.

BUT

newegg now factors in MiR's into the list price. that is pretty fucked up. MIR's are NOT the price people pay for those items. mail in rebates are notoriously unreliable and even when they do come through it is weeks or months later.

the point being, when a person clicks "buy" the MIR isn't factored it. putting up fake prices on the buy lists make it much harder to find out which parts are ACTUALLY cheap, rather than the ones that pretend. looking at a list of parts I now have to click on each one individually to see what the actual price is rather just at a glance like before. in fact this even worse than when they hid the price a few months ago. at least then when you sorted by lowest price it gave the correct order. now the lowest price lists them in fake MIR values.

this practice is not limited to newegg, but until recently it was one of the big reasons I liked newegg so much over the competition like tiger direct.

I sent a complaint this morning but I honestly don't expect much to change.

Last edited by Gailim on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:25 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I'm with you on that. I buy almost exclusively through newegg because they give you the straight price and at one of the best prices. The only time I go out into town to buy computer parts are when I need them now. If they included the MIR as the price they bring zip zoom and tiger back into the picture for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

well I'll be damned. this arrived in my inbox today

Newegg wrote:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Really, it means so much to know how you feel about changes we make to our site. It is clear that we are working hard to provide the best possible shopping experience for you, and we are not afraid to change when we know our customers’ are unsatisfied with any of our improvement attempts. Due to your, and many others, feedback, we have decided to change back to the original style prior to this recent change. This will take place within the next couple of days, so please remain patient with us while we make the changes that will ensure your overall satisfaction. Keep the feedback coming as changes are made, and we will be sure to always listen to your feedback. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Newegg Webmaster

very cool, I am pleasantly surprised

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Gailim wrote:

Based on my experience with newegg customer service i can say that i'm not surpised by their response at all. They've always been very easy to work with when i've run into issues with an order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:58 pm 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

bathtbgin wrote:
Gailim wrote:

Based on my experience with newegg customer service i can say that i'm not surpised by their response at all. They've always been very easy to work with when i've run into issues with an order.

well yeah, but this isn't about any order. this was about a major overhaul to their site they the put a lot of time into

newegg has always been good with basic customer support, but this is something a little different

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:34 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Good to hear they listen to what the customers want and are changing their website back to the way it was in regards to the search/pricing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

They really shouldn't change something that has worked so well for them, and feed back needs to continue every time they mix it up.

It's simple: give good prices, give that same great shipping organism, and they're done. Don't F that up with price skewing. If I want a rebate, give the option and let me relate that. I hate rebates, and they need to know the option is delayed. IF they want to stick with it, they respect the rebate and will back it by their own accord.

Gigabyte, Asus, Etc have issues with rebates? Newegg posted it, they back it 100% and settle it between themselves. That can be very expensive with their throughput and can hurt their strong points already set.

Know Newegg still doesn't think of us as a valid support site? They've got some crummy ones, and we're still in the dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:30 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

This is why I buy from newegg the vast majority of the time. It's rare to find a company that realizes that watching out for and listening to their customers keeps us coming back and happy to give them our hard-earned money. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:35 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

I thought I was the only one who was nerdy enough to of written in a complaint about something Neweg has done to their site. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

EDIT: nvm

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

They did it again for couple days recently. They just removed it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

I was just browsing, and saw a gpu listed at actual price. Then looked for a mobo and saw the mir factored into the list price.

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

On a slight side note, when I ordered my Corsair PSU, they actually didn't factor the MIR into the displayed price, yet when I checked out, it had already been factored in, so I paid only the original listed price, minus the MIR amount. Personally, I think that's pretty frickin' sweet! Thing runs like a dream, just in case anyone's interested in that, awesome PSU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:22 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

I'm really impressed that they changed it back .. and happy about it.

My favourite retailer .. www.ncix.com .. does post the 'after rebate' price in the search results and it really annoys me. They do make it evident that rebates have been applied but it remains a pain in my ass.

However, the same site also offers immediate price matching and they're 20 minutes from my home, so .. I put up with it for low prices and convenience. ;)