Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:15 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Pwns:
Newegg (as usual)
Beach Camera (awesome price on a Sony KDL-40XBR7, free shipping/no tax to boot!)
Amazon (Great prices, perennially free shipping all the time)

Owned:
Crutchfield (Screw you! Overrated, over priced, no price matching)
ZipZoomFly (Terrible customer service; doing a great job letting Newegg walk all over you)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:00 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up: Amazon. I bought Planet Earth ( Blu-Ray edition) (used) and it only cost me $34.97 shipped.All episodes play perfectly,and it doesn't even have a scratch on either the discs or the case.The astounding thing about the price I paid is that Planet Earth's retail Blu-Ray price is $99.98,vs my used price of $34.97.(Oh,by the way,Planet Earth on Blu-Ray looks stunning on my 24-in. HP A7217A widescreen CRT.)

Post subject: DELL
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:11 pm 

Big thumbs down: DELL. They sold my laptop instead of repairing it. Instead of replacing it, the refunded the money. To get an equivalent one costs me $500 since I got such a good deal on my first purchase. They are making me deal with activation issues on my own instead of replacing the software.

It took over 24 hours of phone time to just get them to admint they sold my laptop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up: Sapphire. Bought a new AMD Radeon HD4870X2 from Newegg,and when it was installed..lo and behold Windows Vista booted right up first try. This was my return to ATI after 2 different Nvidia cards (a EVGA 8800GTS 320MB,and a Gigabyte 1GB 9800GX2.)I must say,it feels good to be back with ATI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:28 am 
Willamette
Willamette

AMD64Blondie wrote:
Thumbs up: Sapphire. Bought a new AMD Radeon HD4870X2 from Newegg,and when it was installed..lo and behold Windows Vista booted right up first try. This was my return to ATI after 2 different Nvidia cards (a EVGA 8800GTS 320MB,and a Gigabyte 1GB 9800GX2.)I must say,it feels good to be back with ATI.

karma.... you got what you wanted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:56 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up: Qwest. I moved into a new apartment building (from my old apartment building),and they transferred my account over to my new place flawlessly. That was a big relief.(I have both their 7Mbps DSL and their phone service.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:57 pm 

8) Thumbs up to:

USPS: For being too blocks away from my place and holding my boxes with gear for the next day when I'm finally home and able to pick them up.

XFX: For providing great customer support that's quick and friendly and for honoring their lifetime warranty and sending me a neat brand new card after my old 7900GS agp fried.

Dell: For building solid machines that I always get cheap thanks to the healthcare discount codes and for their online configuration options.

Plextor: Best and only optical drives I ever bought. I freakin' put them on a pedestal.

Creative: Their old school Audigy Platinum cards were awesome!, I still own and use 2 of them!

AMD: Thanks for putting great processors out (that I can actually afford). They are a thing of beauty!

Corsair: They just kick butt and having anything on a system that reminds me of pirates plain rules.

EVGA: Just bought a GTX 275 (best one I can afford before my wife hits me on the head with a frying pan) and the thing smokes. I need to buy another one and sleep next to it every night.

:evil: Thumbs down (don't want to elaborate, just have had terrible experiences with these...)

Fedex
UPS
Maxtor (B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S.)
Whoever was responsible for the demise of 3D Realms
Penny Arcade
Durabook Twinhead laptops
McAfee
Real Player and Real Networks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:25 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up for Amazon. I ordered the Bourne Identity (HD-DVD) on Thursday,Sept.17,2009.Yesterday(Sept.21,2009) I checked my mailbox,and to my shock..there was my copy of the Bourne Identity sitting there.
(The reason I'm shocked is that the delivery estimate said it wouldn't be delivered until Sept.24,and was scheduled to ship out on Sept.21.It arrived at my apartment on Sept.21.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:51 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Thumbs down for new egg.
Last week I ordered parts for my nephew's computer, everything shipped out of the LA area and was here the next day. This week I ordered parts for my upgrade and they all ship out of New Jersey and won't be here for 3 days. Major epic fail!!! I guess thats what you get for assuming that a week later similar parts just might come form the same fucking warehouse.
I was planning on spending my day off rebuilding my system but that will have to wait until my next next day off. Hope I am not to busy watching football, to do the upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Xman wrote:
Thumbs down for new egg.
Last week I ordered parts for my nephew's computer, everything shipped out of the LA area and was here the next day. This week I ordered parts for my upgrade and they all ship out of New Jersey and won't be here for 3 days. Major epic fail!!! I guess thats what you get for assuming that a week later similar parts just might come form the same fucking warehouse.
I was planning on spending my day off rebuilding my system but that will have to wait until my next next day off. Hope I am not to busy watching football, to do the upgrade.

Wow your kidding right?
The only fail here is that, like you said, you assumed.
They will always ship from the nearest available warehouse that has the parts in stock. 3 days from across the country is really fantastic.
Nobody is going to have every part in stock in every warehouse ESPECIALLY in this economy. I'd count your lucky stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:45 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I am just bummed because I was planning on spend this afternoon putting the new gear together, now I will have to do it on Sunday while watching football games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:39 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up: Newegg. I ordered a Hitachi 2TB Deskstar on Wednesday,Sept.30,2009. The time was 2:24 PM.

Sept.30,2009.. 6:15 PM,and my new hard drive has already shipped out via UPS Ground. Just over 3 1/2 hours from order placement to shipment.
I'm stunned.(I didn't even splurge on rush processing..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:14 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up to Amazon. I ordered a new Casio G-Shock atomic watch(because my Timex atomic watch-which I'd had since August 2007- died) on Nov.17,2009 at 1:26 PM PST.(I opted for 1-day shipping because I wanted my new watch ASAP.)
My new Casio G-Shock shipped out on Nov.17,2009 at 10:39 PM PST.
Should be here today (Nov.18,2009).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:06 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Thumbs up to Newegg:
Had ordered a Foxconn Bloodrage mobo. It had some problems, so I requested an RMA. No problem, had the RMA almost as soon as I could go check my email.
However, the replacement board also had problems. This time I requested that I send the board back and get a refund instead of another Bloodrage mobo.
Again, no problem. Got a UPS return shipping label and RMA number very quickly.
Was informed when they received the package, when they opened it to verify the contents and when they posted my refund. Which, also, happened very quickly.
There's a reason I do the vast majority of my online computer equipment shopping at the 'egg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:06 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Thumbs up to newegg for amazing service and being the only company that really cares about customers. One example of the service:

My htpc case shows up with dents all over the box. Opening reveals a shattered front bezel, which is UPSs fault. Call up customer support, and explain the situation. The guy credits the account for the price of the case and auths a shipping label. I ship it back for free, and in 5 days from ship to arrival, I have a perfect case sitting in living room. Did I mention they upgraded me to 2 day shipping for free?
Built a pc for a friend, and the Mobo and ram are both DOA. I didn't realize that the ram was dead as well, so I rmaed the mobo. When I found out, I sent the ram back, and got both a new mobo, and new sticks no questions asked.

Shall I go on?

Thumbs down to UPS for causing newegg to swallow the pain for its shipping partner. That should have never happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up for Amazon. I ordered Jennifer's Body (blu-ray version) yesterday(Jan.4,2010) at 3:37 PM PST. I received my shipment notice (no tracking number yet,but I'll check later on) at 4:28 PM PST.

Basically just over 45 minutes from order placement to shipment notice.
I'm stunned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:41 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Thumbs Up to Thermaltake support

my Toughpower 1200w died.

I requested an eRMA form.

sent it in.

no hassle

In two weeks, including 1 week to ship it across the country, I had a brand new unit sitting inside my house :D

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:31 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

2 thumbs up for good ol' newegg, I placed my order for my PSU a lil after midnight on Monday, it's set to arrive to me on Wednesday, and they finally emailed my invoice and my tracking number (that actually works) to me.

1 thumb up, 1 thumb down for superbiiz/ewiz/ma*labs, I placed my order right before my newegg order, yet it took them 2 days and my calling them twice, long distance, to get them to verify my address, which took newegg all of an hour to do. I'll be extremely blessed to receive my hard drives from them before this weekend, though I doubt it'll be before next Wednesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:26 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Thumbs up:
Asus - Had to RMA my Mobo and customer support was great.

Sapphire - Had to RMA my Vid Card and support was great had a fast turn around

New Egg - They always rock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 am 
Willamette
Willamette

1 thumb up, 1 thumb down for frozencpu. My order went thru just fine, very fast processing, delivered to me within 3 days. 1 of the connectors I had ordered wasn't in there, but the same type in a different color. No biggie, I'll just hit 'em up about it. (Note that the order was a small order, packed and verified by 2 different people) Next day: the CEO emails me a reply, yes, the CEO! He quickly takes care of my situation, as to allot me giving them a good review on resellerratings.com. Btw, their shipping prices are ridiculous as well.

So I get my new connector a couple days later and post my review, notify them of it, they approve it and mark as my coupon for 10% off has been sent. I haven't received it yet, and upon my notifying them of this, the CEO again emails me and tells me that I have to CALL THEM in order to get my damned code! WTF?! I've since emailed him a reply, stating that despite the ridiculousness of it all, I may just go ahead and do just that, but they'll be lucky to see my business again after all of this crap. I absolutely hate it when I have to go through hoops to get something so small and simple.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next