Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Custom case lights
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:36 am 

so i got bored and remembered i had bought a string of lights for my old car but never used them and started thinking i wonder if they will work in my pc. so i grabbed them and checked them out and sure enough they were 12v lights so i grabbed them and a old 4 pin molex fan i had that didnt work so i chopped the fan's wires and tossed the fan out and kept the 2 to 4 cable molex and wired it up to my lights and put them in my case. right now my case doesnt have a side window and cause i have a little one im hindered to leave the panel on but im buying a new case next week that has a side window so ill be able to see it better. but this is what turned out.

with flash turned on
with out flash turned on
with flash and all lights off except for case lights
straight on shot with lights off n flash off
Image[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:57 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

That's a clever quick mod. You should cut a side window so that you can close the side panel and still have the PC lit up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:49 am 

im not to worried with this case at the moment as im getting a new case in the following week which will have a window which ill be transfering this setup to it. it was just a test for now to see if it would work. im also thinking of doing it inside my psu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:16 am 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

Not trash talking your idea, so please don't take it that way. But the only thing I would take away from that is that you can use those lights in a PC, but in some cases, like this one, you probably shouldn't. :shock:

Actually, I've used some of those LED strips from Wal-Mar in people's PC's when they wanted lights. They do work great if they are applied in an aesthetically pleasing way. If the case has a side window like Spart mentioned, the 8" and 10" lights look VERY cool when use din conjunction with Water Cooling. I wish now I'd of thought to take pictures of the last computer I did using those. But it would have been shitty cell pics cause at the time, my daughter had my digital cam at college.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:22 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

I did the same thing ages ago but never again,i only like dim leds from fans now mixed with sexy WC tubing lol.