Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A Warning about Alienware
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 pm 

Aloha, I purchased this very expensive $5,000.00 computer from Alienware in 2007. It has been a nonstop battle with them over the phone with tech support and sending the laptop back and fourth to them through the mail. The warranty will run out in April of 2010.

I have been wronged greatly by Alienware. It has never worked properly and all I have done for the last three years is trouble-shoot it with them over the phone. I have had to send it back to them at least 10 times. Every single time it has come back, there is either something new wrong with it, or they actually made the computer worse. A constant problem of dead pixels is one problem. No matter how many times they replace the LCD screen, more dead pixles seem to pop up only a week after I get it back. One time they actually replaced the LCD screen with dead pixles with another LCD screen that already had dead pixles in it. Another time they returned the computer with the hard-drive wiped out. They accidentally erased my whole computer and I had very valuable pictures of the first year of my daughter's life on it. Yes I know I should have backed up my files, but the DVD drive on this computer has always had a problem with it and Nero will not work. It errors out most of the time when I try to burn to a DVD using windows. I have always told them of this, but time and time again they forget to replace the part. They never ever completely fix it and there is always more problems.

Even after all of their mistakes and bungles, they refuse to build me a new system. I even told them I would accept a desktop tower. It would be less expensive than the $5,000.00 I paid for the laptop. It probably would also be easier to repair. They have also told me that a refund of my hard earned money is out of the question as well.

What can I do? This is so unfair to me and I deserve better customer service that I have recieved. They sold me a very crappy computer and they have the additute of not really caring or trying to do what is right. I have sent the computer back to them about 10 times. It is obvious that this is a very defective computer at the core and cannot be fixed, unless they have tech repair people that absolutly do not know what they are doing. I dont know what I can do.

I am currently researching Falcon Northwest computers and I am already impressed. I have not been able to find any significant bad reports about them. Is there hope in the battle for a nice computer that works like it should in the world now?

Mahalo for your time, Ian M. Beymer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:35 pm 

I am also taking anyones experienced advice on a reliable PC company

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:37 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

That sucks. I'm getting ready to buy an M11x, and I hope I don't have such a bad experience, because the M11x is the only choice I have at this point- I NEED the portability and I NEED the power that it and nothing else offers.
Falcon Northwest is a great company if you want a quality product with good customer service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:18 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

So far, ASUS has a good track record for notebooks. Not only do they come with a 1 year accidental damage warranty, but I believe the standard warranty is 2 years for them. So if you drop it the first year, you can get it RMA for free, and then the mobo dies the second year you can RMA it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 pm 

Im telling you bro, dont buy an Alienware product. You will be very sorry. They have powerful capabilities, but very very crappy parts and service. You will be spending way more time on the phone with techs and more time waiting for your computer to return from repairs..... which will not fix the problem..

Then you will be researching anger managment classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:55 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

Phaldun Empire wrote:
Im telling you bro, dont buy an Alienware product. You will be very sorry. They have powerful capabilities, but very very crappy parts and service. You will be spending way more time on the phone with techs and more time waiting for your computer to return from repairs..... which will not fix the problem..

Then you will be researching anger managment classes.

show me an 11" notebook as fast as the M11x and I'm sold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 pm 

Well, I do wish you luck and I do hope that your Mx11 works properly for a goodly amount of time, but if you start having problems and you need to go through the hell of their customer support then you cannot say I didnt warn you.

best of luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:20 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Would this have anything to do with HP buying Compaq, and then Alienware? Perhaps the Compaq tech support was kept on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:30 pm 
Team Dino
Team Dino

Chumly wrote:
Would this have anything to do with HP buying Compaq, and then Alienware? Perhaps the Compaq tech support was kept on.

You mean Dell buying Alienware?

HP bought VoodooPC.

n0b0dykn0ws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Whoooooooooooops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:29 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

My best friend got the m11x. nothing but problems with that, hard drives dieing, video cards overheating, bad proc, dead pixels, you name it, its happened. same thing with my woman, not sure what she got, but all the same issues. i wouldnt buy alienware to save my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:18 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

SORRY!! But I have to post this reply :lol:

You all sound like my son..He to purchased a AlienWare laptop. I warned him to go with a non bouquet laptop. I wound up with his laptop, going right to their home office, I didn't get a replacement for his laptop, I demanded his money back, and had him go and buy a Sony laptop, around the same price as a AlienWare, BUT there was no dead pixels. Personally I like and have a couple HP laptops.

Post subject: Re: A Warning about Alienware
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 am 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Phaldun Empire wrote:
Aloha, I purchased this very expensive $5,000.00 computer from Alienware in 2007. It has been a nonstop battle with them over the phone with tech support and sending the laptop back and fourth to them through the mail. The warranty will run out in April of 2010.

Call your states AG, ask if the lemon law also covers electronics/computers...

Have you saved all your shipping receipts and correspondence with Alienware? If you're going to go with the legal route in this then you must file a complaint with the court clerk before the warranty runs out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:20 am 

Years ago I had a similar experience with Alienware... suffice it to say I will never own another don't care who owns the name. And ultimately this seems like a very important issue to file a complaint with the BBB (better business bureau) I urge any of you who have issues with these companies that post on pages like this help consumers on the hunt for new PC but don't really put much pressure on the company for their bad business practices. It doesn't take much time and the BBB often contacts the company to see if they are going to resolve the issue with the consumer. Also they will post this information on their website so that it can be a source of information for other consumers. I use it whenever looking into a company I haven't heard of or had any dealings with. It’s a good way to see if a company is legit or not also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:49 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Spartacus, I thought better of you!

Anyway have you looked at the Asus Republic of Gamer series laptops? I seen one at Best Buy for $899, with an i5!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:18 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Mike_Holli wrote:
I warned him to go with a non bouquet laptop.

Too fragrant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:04 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

My m11x comes in 2 days. I'll report on it.

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:04 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I remember this thread back in Feb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:50 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

i leave you with this interesting read..http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/29/technology/29dell.html?src=busln

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:02 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Jipstyle wrote:
Mike_Holli wrote:
I warned him to go with a non bouquet laptop.

Too fragrant?

RIGHT!!! They STINK!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next