Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: staying connected while studying abroad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

so this summer im going to be doing a study abroad program in the Mediterranean area (visiting 8 different country with Semester at Sea), the program says that they provide us with limited email (text ONLY) and phone service available at $3.95 a min. clearly as a computer geek 2 months like that would be grueling. is there any way to keep connected to the web, and still use my iPhone regularly while over there? thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Contact AT&T and tell them that you are going to Europe and want an international plan for the specific time periods. It will definitely cost you more, but not as outrageous as other options.

I am in the US Navy and travel all over. I specifically asked this question when setting up my plan last October.

Post subject: Re: staying connected while studying abroad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:24 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

xolinlevh wrote:
so this summer im going to be doing a study abroad program in the Mediterranean area (visiting 8 different country with Semester at Sea), the program says that they provide us with limited email (text ONLY) and phone service available at $3.95 a min. clearly as a computer geek 2 months like that would be grueling. is there any way to keep connected to the web, and still use my iPhone regularly while over there? thanks!

Leave your iPhone and PC at home and enjoy your summer. Who knows .. you might find that real life is better than the Internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:40 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Azgaryth wrote:
Contact AT&T and tell them that you are going to Europe and want an international plan for the specific time periods. It will definitely cost you more, but not as outrageous as other options.

I am in the US Navy and travel all over. I specifically asked this question when setting up my plan last October.

cool, ya i expect it wont be cheap, but its gotta be better then $4 a min right? im certainly not gonna be on my phone all the time but ill want to keep in touch with my family and keep them updated on how im doing (mothers ya know....). anyone got a clue on how to get web service? im gonna bring my laptop to do all my homework on, but would like to be able to surf the web from the boat or hotels in port.....do those sprint/verizon usb modem things work over there?