Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: not too sure where exactly to post this. EVGA RMA?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:44 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

ok so i have a $550 piece of dead video card.. EVGA GTX 295 Red edition. Absolutely amazing vid card,...... when it worked. a few days ago it died on me, so i called up EVGA support to see if i could get an RMA. So far the experience has been great. got right through to a tech (who is American!!!!) lol. but anyways, I bought this card from a place in germany. and when my crap got shipped here. they somehow forgot the box with all my paperwork. including the invoice for the card. i did pay via debit card and the guy asked if i could get a bank statement, buuuuuttttt the bank acct that i had at the time is long closed and the have no record anymore, and were not willing to even check.

i did register the card about 15 days after purchase. and it does have a lifetime warranty. but after talking to the guy, it seems that it will be extremely hard for me to get an RMA for the card for lack f an invoice. they say they will get back to me tomorrow via phone and give me an answer. i really hope i get an RMA. if not. then this bad boy gets taken apart and baked in the oven as a last ditch effort. lol

any ideas in case they give me the run around? id like a little support here. its tough when that much money could be lost forever. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Does the place you purchased it from not keep invoices there? Hell I keep all mine in my email and newegg/mwave/zipzoomfly and pretty much every I buy stuff from does.

Post subject: Re: not too sure where exactly to post this. EVGA RMA?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:52 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

graydiggy wrote:
the bank acct that i had at the time is long closed and the have no record anymore
Bull crap, they have records and by law you're entitled to them. It may take awhile, however they do have to retrieve them for you.

Post subject: Re: not too sure where exactly to post this. EVGA RMA?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:23 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

PM_DMNKLR wrote:
graydiggy wrote:
the bank acct that i had at the time is long closed and the have no record anymore
Bull crap, they have records and by law you're entitled to them. It may take awhile, however they do have to retrieve them for you.

the thing is, i was in the army. and i had an acct with a bank pretty much ran by the army. so the army can do pretty much whatever they want.

but this is besides my point.

EVGA approved my RMA. so yah. A million points to them :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

EVGA kicks ass, as always, lol. Glad they got you hooked up, as was expected. Glad you're happy now, lol. Make sure you register the new item immediately upon opening the new bo though, because you don't know exactly when they registered it as a purchase in their system. I did it the NEXT day after I received my package for a step-up and it was literally ONE day past the 30-day registration to be available for their Enhanced RMA/Speedy Step-Up program, though I still have my full lifetime warranty. I still have no idea why it took them 4 frickin weeks to send me my new board, but hey, I got it and I'm happy, lol. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your replacement card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:37 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

EVGA does kick ass, their folding team sux tho :wink: haha. but tech support is absolutely amazing. i cant wait to get this new card. once i get moved outa this house, its back to folding for me. :twisted: wont be much but at least ill be back in the game. hopefully they dont send me back some POS refurb, that doesnt work. i will be highly pissed. lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:16 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

glad you got everything worked out :D

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:29 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

The GTX295 has a healthy history of being a very sick card. Sick as in illness. The damn things burn up left and right. My suggestion to you from all the research I've done on the GTX295's is to down clock the core, shaders and memory. The core by 50Mhz, the shaders you can leave alone at first, and the memory by 50Mhz. Set the fan speed to at least 80%, higher if you can stand it. Save it as a profile and use it for Folding. Have another profile for gaming and put the card to factory speeds, and yet another profile for desktop work. I call it desktop work because browsing the web, doing PowerPoint, reading PDF's, all that shit doesn't need the card running full speed.

So I down clock the cards as much as I can and it be stable. Down clocking can cause instability too. So I always find the down clock limit and go up by 25MHz. This is why my GPU's last so long. It's a PITA at first because you have to get into the habit of doing this stuff. But in the end, it protects your cards. Not long ago, my GTX280 went tits up. I had gone out of town and left it in Profile 4. That's for benchmarking and every other week, I would run it at that speed for a couple of days of Folding. But I left for a week and when I got back, the card had burned up. My fault because everything else was turned way down via my fan controller on that computer. That's why I use EVGA though.

Hell, I do that on my GTX280 and both of the GTX285's. Once you get in the habit of it, and don't forget shit, your cards last and last because of the low temps. I always pull the factory heatsink off and put on some Noctua NT-H1 for the GPU core, but I leave the pads alone for the voltage regulators, memory and so on. You can lower temps by 7-8° on some cards by doing that and as long as you don't damage anything, it's still covered warranty wise because EVGA is good like that.