Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 25% chance, but I am looking to retire my laptop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:32 pm 

It's a Compaq Presario V5305WM notebook with a mobile AMD sempron, a laptop that I've owned for about 3 years. When I first unwrapped it a few Christmas' back, it never forced power-offs on me due to heat and it never even made CPU fan noises. As many times as I read PDF's saying how to take it apart slowly just for maintenance purpose, it was always confusing. I don't know what else I can do besides looking to retire my laptop and sell/trade. I even tried sitting a box fan behind the lid of my laptop just for adequate air flow, still not enough.

It still works, but I figured it lost its "goodness". My laptop acts more like a child on crack cocaine rather than a professional. All I can say here is that I can just save up for a new laptop. It's not that hard. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:53 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I get questions like this a lot at work. My advice is to get a new laptop and sell this Compaq you have. Get something on sale for about $500 and sell yours for $100 and you'll be just fine. That is, assuming you aren't doing any heavy gaming or anything. If you sell it to someone like me, $100 is a good deal for just about anything with a decent LCD. The buyer can tear it down all the way, clean out the dust, replace fans, redo the thermal paste, and get it back into tip-top shape.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2034940032%204020&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=PRICE