Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Beware EVGA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:22 am 

I don't know who to talk too as all my responces have gone on deff ears. I am trying here in hopes to get siome positive action. I recieved this card last year for Christmas. It failed on me 5 days ago and I know that the card has a limited life time warranty. I contacted EVGA and was told because I didn't regiseter it with in 30 days of purchase it only has a year warranty. First I don;t have a reciept becasue like I said it was a gift and couldn't register it within 30 days for same reason. MY question is why do you need a reciept when it has a limited lifetime warranty. I never heard of such a thing. If it is coverved for life then what is the issue?

I work for a major school and we have over 83 shcools with over 300 PC in each nad have never had this issue with any ATI card that are aslo under lifetime warranty.

I am looking for a person to help me.

IF Maximum PC still had the Dog this would be a great topic for him.

Please someone help me with this.

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Number: 512-P3-N877-AR
Part Desc: e-GeForce 9800 GTX SSC

thanks

Vic

Last edited by v1ct0r on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

You should have tried to solve your issues when you got it and couldn't register it... now it's too late and you're screwed. EVGA is right, they don't have to honor the warranty and you have to buy a new card. The reason they need the receipt is so that they know that you're the first owner. If the card is sold or given away by someone who used it before, then the warranty is void. FYI, VisionTeK and XFX, the two ATi companies that offer lifetime warranties, also require the same registration within 30 days or you only get a 1-year warranty.

Post subject: Re: Beware EVGA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:45 am 
Million Club 2+ [PC]
Million Club 2+ [PC]

v1ct0r wrote:
I don't know who to talk too as all my responces have gone on deff ears. I am trying here in hopes to get siome positive action. I recieved this card last year for Christmas. It failed on me 5 days ago and I know that the card has a limited life time warranty. I contacted EVGA and was told because I didn't regiseter it with in 30 days of purchase it only has a year warranty. First I don;t have a reciept becasue like I said it was a gift and couldn't register it within 30 days for same reason. MY question is why do you need a reciept when it has a limited lifetime warranty. I never heard of such a thing. If it is coverved for life then what is the issue?

I work for a major school and we have over 83 shcools with over 300 PC in each nad have never had this issue with any ATI card that are aslo under lifetime warranty.

I am looking for a person to help me.

IF Maximum PC still had the Dog this would be a great topic for him.

Please someone help me with this.

Serial Number: 8088772000984

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Number: 512-P3-N877-AR
Part Desc: e-GeForce 9800 GTX SSC

thanks

Vic

Dude, I own 2 eVGA cards and know for a fact when you register your card, there is a GIFT option under place of purchase. Had you done that you would have been set as a new line opens up for reason for gift, that you fill in. I bought one and my brother bought the other my b-day this past summer and I registered it without issues and have the life time warranty.
PS: If you want an eVGA rep to get with you to try and help, try NVNEWS.net or hardocp forums, i think 1 lurks at one or both places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:10 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

The dog is dead. I'd remove your S/N as that's YOUR own DNA to that piece and you just posted it on an open forum. IF the dog were alive, that'd be something to give him/her once asked for it...but very privately. I'd click the edit button pretty quick if it were me.

Yaaaa...all they really need is the S/N off the card, date of purchase, and place of purchase (like logan states, "Gift" is an option).

I don't think you, or the Dog for that matter, can get around you not registering the card within 30-days. I can with XFX and VisionTek, but haven't been able to with eVGA. They're pretty firm.

Gotta read what's behind "lifetime" with any brand. Who means it, who doesn't? eVGA isn't high on my list of actually meaning it. Otherwise, they wouldn't be so firm on what is basically red tape I gotta do on my end to get that promise kept. We've been preaching it for a while man. There's marketing, and then there's the truth. My brands have never lied to me...lifetime is life time "we'll work around that red tape because it's our product" type support is where I put my hard earned money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:12 am 

I doesn't matter now I threw it away and bought a great ATI HD4890. say good by to Nvidia. They are the best thing going for ATI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:05 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

As with ALL manufacturers who post their warranty information, IT'S IN BOLD PRINT WHERE YOU CAN SEE IT IF YOU BOTHER TO READ IT. Not to sound like I'm yelling, I'm not, but maybe the all caps will grab your attention best, idk. When I got my cards, the marketing manager for EVGA told me that all I had to do was register it as a gift, and then upon any time I would need a receipt or anything like that, just send them a .jpg of an explanation of where I got it from. And so i did just that. I made a little text image in paint and sent it when I went to upgrade my mobo thru step-up and they accepted it, it's on file currently, and my new one that they sent me was automatically put into their system when I registered it as an RMA upgrade, with no need for a receipt. Joe Darwin @ EVGA is the marketing manager. If anyone needs his email address for such an occasion, i can give it to you, in a pm. Thanks, and it's easier than what one usually makes it out to be. You just gotta take the time to see what you have to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 am 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

This belongs in the Dog Pound, which is where I'm moving it.