Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Is Dell still responsible for the video problem?
Poll ended at Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:01 am
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
Who cares 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: My life In Dell Hell
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:01 am 

I couple of years ago I purchased a Dell m1330 laptop. I was one of the first ones on my block to get the sleek new thinbook. I ordered every possible option including 4 gib of memory, a creative labs sound card, a finger print reader (useless in a docking station) and the camera. For about 6 months I was the happiest geek in town......then the problems started. One Sunday evening while goofing off at work I heard a screeching noise come from the onboard speakers. Squiggly lines and pixels began appearing on my screen. The computer would no longer respond to keyboard and mouse commands. My only alternative was to power down the unit. On reboot the computer would work normally for about 10 minutes then the scenario would repeat itself. I booted the machine in safe mode and the problem subsided. After a brief bit of troubleshooting I determined that in safe mode Windows was using a generic driver. I removed the NVidia driver and booted the computer normally with the generic driver. I contacted Dell tech support (it was about 1 am est). An Indian gentlemen requested I set up my computer for remote access and remotely probed my computer for possible problems. "It's the Bios!" I was told. "You don't have the latest version. Download the new version, load it and call me back." I upgraded the Bios and contacted tech support. When he declared the problem solved I reloaded the NVidia driver: Squiggly lines and frozen screen. I contacted tech support again (by this time it was around 5 am). I was told that the problem was beyond the technicians expertise and that I should call Dell USA in the morning. I contacted Dell at 8 am. The tech told me that this was a known problem and that NVidia was coming out with a new driver that would fix the problem. I just had to wait about 30 days or so. At this point I was beginning to get skeptical. I logged into Dell forums to see if any other 1330 owners were experiencing these problems. Wow! Several people described the exact problem I was experiencing. One of the posters described a heat sync problem on the motherboard. Dell uses 3 heatsyncs for the dual processor and the NVidia Chip. To cool the chips off A copper strip runs from a fan to the top of each heat sync. The strip is J shaped and the NVidia video chip is the last processor in the chain. Apparently this setup does not provide sufficient cooling which leads to the eventual failure. This made much more sense to me than old Bios. I tested this theory by taking my laptop out on the computer floor (I work in a datacenter) and sitting the unit on an air conditioning grate. The computer ran fine. I then moved the laptop back into the office. Within 20 minutes the screen freezes started again. Convinced I had identified the problem I contacted Dell Support. This time I was directed to the senior tech. I explained in detail the problem I was seeing and the tests I had run. The tech was convinced that the problem was caused by a corrupted Operating System. He insisted that before we move any further I reinstall Windows Vista and install the latest Dell Drivers. Unfortunately for me Dell failed to provide me with an OEM copy of my OS (my shipment actually included an additional laptop and a Russian users manual. Knowing what I know now, I should have kept it). Luckily Dell stores a backup image on a separate partician. After restoring the image and reloading the drivers (to no avail), I contacted tech support. Again the senior tech accused the OS reasoning that the image could be infected as well. Keep in mind we are now into the 4th day of all day troubleshooting. I was then directed to customer service where I had to explain why no OEM copy of Vista Home Premium was included with my shipment. Finally to avoid further delay (they really weren't going to provide me with a copy) I went out and purchased an OEM copy of Vista Ultimate online ($166.00). After loading and upgrading I contacted Dell. A couple of days of driver upgrades later I had had enough. I contacted Dell finance and told them that no further payments would be made until the issue was resolved. Clearly this was a hardware problem. No driver no matter how corrupt could be causing the symptoms that I was seeing. Dell agreed to perform a depot repair of the laptop. I received a shipping container from Dell (via DHL). I packed the laptop and shipped it off to Texas. About a week later the laptop was returned. I found a note attached. "Unit was water logged. Dried and cleaned unit and returned to customer." The video problem was never looked at. At this point I had stopped all payments. I contacted customer support and they agreed to send a technician to my office with a new motherboard. Once again I had doubts. Undoubtedly the motherboard would include a new video chip but problem with the heat sync would be the same as the previous board. Eventually it would fail as well. After completion the technician assured me that my problems were over. "I added extra heat sync compound to the video chip," he said (later on inspection, the heat sync compound was added to the CPU no compound was place on the video chip). Just to be safe I went out and purchased a cooling dock for the laptop. The dock ran on USB power and blew air directly into the computer vents. This allowed me relatively reliable use for about two years. Of course the cooling doc was used at my office. When I traveled with my laptop the cooling dock did not go with me. This past weekend the problem returned, progressively getting worse with each restart. Yesterday the chip failed completely. Within seconds of booting the screen goes completely white. I attempted to contact tech support but because the warranty has now expired, they refuse to talk to me. I still have several payments left on the laptop which is now completely unusable. I feel that even though the warranty has expired Dell is still liable. This had to be a known problem. Google m1330 and NVidia and at least 10 posts show up describing the same problem. Clearly Dell sold a defective product. In my opinion the Nvidia issue was never properly dealt with. Do I have a leg to stand on?

Last edited by martinex on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:16 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

I hate to bust you in the ball like this, but use a paragraph and this might be easier to read.

From what I can understand, you're willing to sacrifice a negative credit hit over a warranty issue. You really just need to deal with Dell with just returning the product and eliminating the balance if that's the road you want to take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:30 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Quote:
I couple of years ago I purchased a Dell m1330 laptop. I was one of the first ones on my block to get the sleek new thinbook. I ordered every possible option including 4 gib of memory, a creative labs sound card, a finger print reader (useless in a docking station) and the camera.

For about 6 months I was the happiest geek in town......then the problems started. One Sunday evening while goofing off at work I heard a screeching noise come from the onboard speakers. Squiggly lines and pixels began appearing on my screen. The computer would no longer respond to keyboard and mouse commands. My only alternative was to power down the unit. On reboot the computer would work normally for about 10 minutes then the scenario would repeat itself. I booted the machine in safe mode and the problem subsided.

After a brief bit of troubleshooting I determined that in safe mode Windows was using a generic driver. I removed the NVidia driver and booted the computer normally with the generic driver. I contacted Dell tech support (it was about 1 am est). An Indian gentlemen requested I set up my computer for remote access and remotely probed my computer for possible problems. "It's the Bios!" I was told. "You don't have the latest version. Download the new version, load it and call me back." I upgraded the Bios and contacted tech support. When he declared the problem solved I reloaded the NVidia driver: Squiggly lines and frozen screen. I contacted tech support again (by this time it was around 5 am). I was told that the problem was beyond the technicians expertise and that I should call Dell USA in the morning. I contacted Dell at 8 am. The tech told me that this was a known problem and that NVidia was coming out with a new driver that would fix the problem. I just had to wait about 30 days or so.

At this point I was beginning to get skeptical. I logged into Dell forums to see if any other 1330 owners were experiencing these problems. Wow! Several people described the exact problem I was experiencing. One of the posters described a heat sync problem on the motherboard. Dell uses 3 heatsyncs for the dual processor and the NVidia Chip. To cool the chips off A copper strip runs from a fan to the top of each heat sync. The strip is J shaped and the NVidia video chip is the last processor in the chain. Apparently this setup does not provide sufficient cooling which leads to the eventual failure. This made much more sense to me than old Bios.

I think you're talking about a heat sink, rather than a heat sync.
Quote:
I tested this theory by taking my laptop out on the computer floor (I work in a datacenter) and sitting the unit on an air conditioning grate. The computer ran fine. I then moved the laptop back into the office. Within 20 minutes the screen freezes started again. Convinced I had identified the problem I contacted Dell Support. This time I was directed to the senior tech. I explained in detail the problem I was seeing and the tests I had run. The tech was convinced that the problem was caused by a corrupted Operating System. He insisted that before we move any further I reinstall Windows Vista and install the latest Dell Drivers.
Unfortunately for me Dell failed to provide me with an OEM copy of my OS (my shipment actually included an additional laptop and a Russian users manual. Knowing what I know now, I should have kept it). Luckily Dell stores a backup image on a separate partician. After restoring the image and reloading the drivers (to no avail), I contacted tech support. Again the senior tech accused the OS reasoning that the image could be infected as well. Keep in mind we are now into the 4th day of all day troubleshooting. I was then directed to customer service where I had to explain why no OEM copy of Vista Home Premium was included with my shipment. Finally to avoid further delay (they really weren't going to provide me with a copy) I went out and purchased an OEM copy of Vista Ultimate online ($166.00).

This was your first mistake. You own a license for your OS. You didn't need to buy a new one. In fact, I'm willing to bet that your laptop has a sticker on it somewhere with a serial number. If not on your laptop (doubtful), it would be in the documentation received with your laptop. That sticker entitles you to as many digital copies of the OS installation as you need. Take the laptop to any authorised MS reseller and they will give you a copy of the OS. Install the OS with that serial and you are good to go.
If you can't find that sticker or suspect it wasn't shipped .. well, you should have caught that when you first opened the package from Dell. Always ensure that you've received everything that you've paid for.
Quote:
After loading and upgrading I contacted Dell. A couple of days of driver upgrades later I had had enough. I contacted Dell finance and told them that no further payments would be made until the issue was resolved. Clearly this was a hardware problem. No driver no matter how corrupt could be causing the symptoms that I was seeing. Dell agreed to perform a depot repair of the laptop. I received a shipping container from Dell (via DHL). I packed the laptop and shipped it off to Texas. About a week later the laptop was returned. I found a note attached. "Unit was water logged. Dried and cleaned unit and returned to customer." The video problem was never looked at.
At this point I had stopped all payments.

At that point, you've voided your warranty and completely destroyed any obligation on Dell's part to offer you any service whatsoever. You should have continued to argue, fight, and return the laptop for warranty but never, ever stop paying on an open contract. At this point, you owe them money and they owe you nothing. You've gone from having the upper-hand to being completely powerless and at the mercy of their credit department and lawyers.
This is not a moral argument I'm making. It is a legal argument. Morally, you may or may not be in the right .. that doesn't matter. At all. What you think you may deserve has no bearing on the issue at all. You screwed yourself.
Quote:
I contacted customer support and they agreed to send a technician to my office with a new motherboard. Once again I had doubts. Undoubtedly the motherboard would include a new video chip but problem with the heat sync would be the same as the previous board. Eventually it would fail as well. After completion the technician assured me that my problems were over. "I added extra heat sync compound to the video chip," he said (later on inspection, the heat sync compound was added to the CPU no compound was place on the video chip). Just to be safe I went out and purchased a cooling dock for the laptop. The dock ran on USB power and blew air directly into the computer vents. This allowed me relatively reliable use for about two years.

So, you stopped paying them and continued to use their product for 2 more years?
Quote:
Of course the cooling doc was used at my office. When I traveled with my laptop the cooling dock did not go with me. This past weekend the problem returned, progressively getting worse with each restart. Yesterday the chip failed completely. Within seconds of booting the screen goes completely white. I attempted to contact tech support but because the warranty has now expired, they refuse to talk to me. I still have several payments left on the laptop which is now completely unusable. I feel that even though the warranty has expired Dell is still liable. This had to be a known problem. Google m1330 and NVidia and at least 10 posts show up describing the same problem. Clearly Dell sold a defective product. In my opinion the Nvidia issue was never properly dealt with. Do I have a leg to stand on?

No. Not a leg, not even a torso. You're lying in the dirt and Dell is standing over you, laughing and kicking sand in your face.
If you'd kept up with the bills, you had a chance. But by stopping payment on the loan you took out to buy the product, you lost all recourse.
It is probably worse than that, actually. If you check the fine print, I suspect that you'll find that you owe money on a loan to Dell Finance. This is a different company from the Dell that sold you the laptop. In this case, things are different. In this case, you borrowed money from Dell Finance to buy a laptop from Dell. Dell received payment in full from Dell Finance. By cutting off payment, you didn't impact Dell at all. In this case, your warranty would actually still be good .. if it extended several years (it doesn't, though, does it?). You stopped paying Dell Finance, who actually have nothing to do with the hardware side and did not impact their decision to offer you support. Basically, you stopped paying a loan that you took out on an unrelated product because the names of the companies are similar.
In summary: either you screwed yourself by not paying Dell and ruining your chance at service, or you screwed yourself by not paying Dell Finance and destroyed your credit while letting your warranty with Dell run out.
Either way ... you screwed yourself. Completely.
Sorry about your laptop. Apparently, most of them were fixed using a new heatsink.

Post subject: Thanks for the gramatical corrections (a bit anal aren't we?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:52 pm 

Obviously I wasn't clear enough. Dell refused to provide the software so I purchased a copy to speed the process along (the whole thing took over a month to resolve). I threatened to suspended payment until the issue was resolved. I don't think I ever said I stopped payment for 2 years. The fact that I had to resort to this tactic should illustrate how frustrating the entire process was. Spelling errors aside, my point is the problem has not been fixed. Now Dell wants $500.00 to replace the motherboard. (P.S. adding paragraphs to text messages increases the character count. Since many sights limit the amount of characters, I usually leave them out but hey at least I know how to spell heatsink now and in the end isn't that really what it's all about?)

Post subject: Re: Thanks for the gramatical corrections (a bit anal aren't
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:15 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

martinex wrote:
Obviously I wasn't clear enough.

Nope. You were. I'll repeat myself, though.

Quote:
Dell refused to provide the software so I purchased a copy to speed the process along (the whole thing took over a month to resolve).

You don't buy software. You buy software licenses. If you have the serial number somewhere .. as I said, probably on the COA sticker on the laptop .. you own the software. Any MS reseller will give you the CD for free upon presentation of that sticker.

Quote:
I threatened to suspended payment until the issue was resolved.

You didn't have the right to do that, legally speaking.

Quote:
I don't think I ever said I stopped payment for 2 years. The fact that I had to resort to this tactic should illustrate how frustrating the entire process was.

I'm sure it was very frustrating. You have my sympathy.

Quote:
Spelling errors aside, my point is the problem has not been fixed.

And my point is that you are out of luck. If the warranty period expired (you weren't clear), they have no obligation to service your laptop for free. If you haven't paid them (you weren't clear), they have no obligation to service your laptop for free regardless of whether the warranty is still in effect.

Remember .. this is not a moral issue. This is the way that legal contracts work.

Quote:
Now Dell wants $500.00 to replace the motherboard.

Consider buying a new laptop for approximately the same price. Obviously, I won't recommend you buy from Dell.

Quote:
(P.S. adding paragraphs to text messages increases the character count. Since many sights limit the amount of characters, I usually leave them out but hey at least I know how to spell heatsink now and in the end isn't that really what it's all about?)

I've never run into a character count limit here and I've posted a lot .. so you needn't worry about it here. Using paragraphs makes it much easier for us to read your post and thus makes it more likely that you'll receive a response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:04 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

@OP
Nobody cares about character count. :? fyi... Your first post looks like Hell. :twisted: :lol:

Dell doesn't always include restore CDs\DVDs. It use to be an option and they charged a little extra. I bought a desktop back in 04. It's on the invoice:
Quote:
Parts # H8412 Kit, Software, Overpack, WXPHSP2 Compact Diskette W/Documentation English

That was my first and last purchase so I'm not sure what they do now. Most people lose them anyways. That's part of the reason for the recovery utility.

The COA is or was on the bottom of the laptop and the license (Product Key) is or was there. That's what you paid for. You asked for extra and they said no. That's normal. I fix a lot of PCs and I use my CD\DVDs most of the time. People normally can't find their discs. I always take the Product Key from their COA so its legit. I guess what I'm trying to say is... you can use a friends disc with your Product Key.

The $500.00 replacement cost is understandable too. It's the same for almost every electronic device. Pay extra for the extended warranties and buy new when it expires. It's impossible to get anything done after the fact. The problem should have been resolved before. Sometimes you have to call BS and tell the tech support to STFU (in a nice way). I don't entertain their BS advice and they've always replaced defective hardware.

Dell heaven:
I purchased my system from Dell in the US. My monitor died about a year ago, which happened to be a month or two before the warranty expired. :D I called and the replacement was delivered to my door a week later. I live in Germany and didn't have to pay a penny. :shock: I've had them send a laptop LCD, motherboard, heatsink, and tons of other components too. I assemble and ship the dead parts back. I don't think others would have done the same.

EDIT: fixed grammar

Last edited by Gigabyte on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Thanks for the gramatical corrections (a bit anal aren't
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:17 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

martinex wrote:
Obviously I wasn't clear enough. Dell refused to provide the software so I purchased a copy to speed the process along (the whole thing took over a month to resolve). I threatened to suspended payment until the issue was resolved. I don't think I ever said I stopped payment for 2 years. The fact that I had to resort to this tactic should illustrate how frustrating the entire process was. Spelling errors aside, my point is the problem has not been fixed. Now Dell wants $500.00 to replace the motherboard. (P.S. adding paragraphs to text messages increases the character count. Since many sights limit the amount of characters, I usually leave them out but hey at least I know how to spell heatsink now and in the end isn't that really what it's all about?)

You typed that thing on a phone? :shock:

Ted

Post subject: You guys are slipping.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:25 pm 

"You're post are hell is gramaticaly incorrect" (I hate to bust the other ball). You're = You are. What you meant to say is "your posts are hell." My appologies for the post. Apparently reading is very hard. Maybe flash cards next time. Now back to my tale. Your (or is it you're) obsession about the software is moot. Once I proved that the OS wasn't the problem Dell agreed to replace the motherboard. While I agree (d) threatening to stop payment wasn't the best option, the simple fact was Dell reacted with immediate action. The point you seem unwilling to acknowledge is that this was not a warranty issue. Dell sold these models with defective motherboards. The fact that they corrected the problem in subsequent models pretty much makes my point. This makes them liable. It's not like I had a lot of leverage. If I had the resources I would have filed a law suit. Manufacturers count on the fact that most people don't have the resources. So far I have paid 1500 of the 2600 dollars owed. I am now obligated to finish payments on a laptop that no longer runs.

Post subject: Re: You guys are slipping.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:06 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

martinex wrote:
"You're post are hell is gramaticaly incorrect" (I hate to bust the other ball). You're = You are. What you meant to say is "your posts are hell." My appologies for the post. Apparently reading is very hard. Maybe flash cards next time.
Thanks for the grammar check. Watch for here instead of hear too. I need a good Firefox add-in. I fixed it for you.

It's very difficult to read. It would be great if you fixed it.

martinex wrote:
Now back to my tale. Your (or is it you're) obsession about the software is moot.
It demonstrates bad judgment and a lack of knowledge on your part. Hopefully, you will avoid a repeat in the future. You don't need to follow thier instructions if they're wrong. I would have told them to go suck an egg and pass me to their boss, or his boss.
martinex wrote:
The point you seem unwilling to acknowledge is that this was not a warranty issue. Dell sold these models with defective motherboards. The fact that they corrected the problem in subsequent models pretty much makes my point. This makes them liable. It's not like I had a lot of leverage. If I had the resources I would have filed a law suit. Manufacturers count on the fact that most people don't have the resources. So far I have paid 1500 of the 2600 dollars owed. I am now obligated to finish payments on a laptop that no longer runs.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Warranty
merriam-webster.com wrote:
Main Entry: war·ran·ty
Pronunciation: \ˈwȯr-ən-tē, ˈwär-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural war·ran·ties
Etymology: Middle English warantie, from Anglo-French warantie, garantie, from warentir to warrant
Date: 14th century

3 : a usually written guarantee of the integrity of a product and of the maker's responsibility for the repair or replacement of defective parts

Post subject: Re: You guys are slipping.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:16 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

martinex wrote:
Dell sold these models with defective motherboards. The fact that they corrected the problem in subsequent models pretty much makes my point. This makes them liable.

No, that doesn't make them liable. Only a judge can make them liable. Get a class action lawsuit together.

It absolutely sucks, you're right. It's pure bullshit. You're right. But dude, if you buy a new Honda and on the 40th month of a 72 month loan the engine seizes, guess what? You still owe a car payment. This situation with Dell is NO different. And don't scream lemon law. First off, it doesn't apply to computers and secondly, most States lemon law is two years or less or the length of the warranty.

Don't like it? Don't finance and don't buy another Dell. But you are still obligated to finish paying your debt. And as I said, yes, it sucks. But if you INSIST on financing a piece of EASILY damaged and quickly outdated computer technology, do one of two things. Pay for it before the warranty is up or extend your coverage for the length of the loan.

I guarantee you that paying off that laptop is going to cost you less out of pocket expense than bad credit will cost you in future finance charges. And if you finance your laptops, I would imagine you use your credit quite a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:20 am 

I can't argue with any of your logic. So I will end my diatribe. I'll leave you with this: When Honda builds a car with faulty breaks they issue a recall and repair it. They don't say "sorry dude but your warranty has expired." Thanks for your input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:26 am 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

martinex wrote:
I can't argue with any of your logic. So I will end my diatribe. I'll leave you with this: When Honda builds a car with faulty breaks they issue a recall and repair it. They don't say "sorry dude but your warranty has expired." Thanks for your input.

Bad brakes on a car will kill you. A fried GPU will not. If there had been definitive fault assigned to a GPU going out and causing house fires and such, you can bet your ass Dell would have recalled that laptop.

And 2006/2007 Honda Civic SI's have had major issues with the 3rd gear in their transmissions burning up. It took the threat of a real deal, no bullshit class action lawsuit to get them to issue a TSB!!!....NOT a recall....on that 3rd gear. So if you roll into a Honda dealer with your 3rd gear synchro shot, unless you TELL them you know about the TSB, they will tell you, "Sorry dude, your warranty has expired" and then charge you about $1300 to fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:59 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

After over 2 years of use, Dell is no longer liable for anything. Your warranty has expired and they are in the clear. Good luck finding a legal opinion that differs from someone who doesn't want your money.

I wonder if your view would be different if you hadn't taken out a three year loan.

At any rate, I'm done with this thread. I'm tired of people giving attitude and being rude when everyone is trying to help them. Go fix your own problems.

Post subject: Okay I tried to leave nicely....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:25 am 

You're either a complete moron or a Dell representative. The same component failed twice. Not just mine you ignorant dipshit. Hundreds of others have reported the same problem. That's not a warranty issue. That's a build problem. When battery manufacturers reported problems with laptop batteries overheating they issued a recall. They didn't check for warranty status. You were trying to help? The only thing I got was grammar cretiques. I'm really surprised. I've seen cases in this forum far less stubstantial. Stop being a mindless corporate shill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:00 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Components fail every day and thousands of people report them. Should they label everything defective and recall everything?

The batteries didn't just overheat... they caught on fire! Exploding or flaming notebooks is a safety issue. Quakindude tried to explain that once already. The so called defective GPUs would get recalled if they started exploding, and nobody would care about warranty status.

Post subject: Re: Okay I tried to leave nicely....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:48 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

martinex wrote:
You're either a complete moron or a Dell representative. The same component failed twice. Not just mine you ignorant dipshit. Hundreds of others have reported the same problem. That's not a warranty issue. That's a build problem. When battery manufacturers reported problems with laptop batteries overheating they issued a recall. They didn't check for warranty status. You were trying to help? The only thing I got was grammar cretiques. I'm really surprised. I've seen cases in this forum far less stubstantial. Stop being a mindless corporate shill.

Wow .. angry much?

You waited two years to take of the problem. It is now your problem.

If you had continued to deal with it while it was under warranty, you'd have been covered. You didn't. Your fault.

Keep calling me names if you like .. it won't make you any less wrong or Dell any more likely to subsidize your stupidity.

Oh, and in addition to criticising your grammar, we've pointed out for you that:
a) you can't stop paying a loan because the product doesn't work,
b) you can't expect a company to fix something when it is outside the warranty period, regardless of your moral indignation,
c) you waited far too long to deal with the problem,
d) you're a moronic asshat

Ok, d) is new .. I just threw that in as a Christmas present. Enjoy your broken laptop, fucktard! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:41 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

e) you wasted $166.00 on Vista Ultimate. Product Keys are located on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA). The entire reinstall process was a waste of time.
f) you shouldn't trust and rely on Dell's so called support. It's okay to tell them to STFU and make them pass you to their boss when they're giving bad advice and wasting time.
g) your defective GPU is not the same as an exploding or flaming notebooks.
h) your first post looks like hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:45 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Wow, just wow...

Jipstyle is a shill for Dell, that's new for me, as far as all the posts I've seen him make his only allegiance is to open source software in general and to Linux specifically.

Oh yeah, forgot about Jeeps, he loves teh Jeeps.

Post subject: Re: Okay I tried to leave nicely....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:46 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

martinex wrote:

That Moderator you're talking too had not called you any names or derogatory monikers during his repeated attempts to show you how wrong you are in your train of thought about what Dell "owes" you. You've been ignorant and combative when told the stark truth of your situation.

Take a 14 day sit-out for initiating the name calling. Jip will be fine since he only responded to your rather angry post. As soon as I can get my Moderator privs fixed by one of the admins that is.

Since Jip had already commented and provided kind guidance to you about how to better serve YOURSELF on these forums by NOT entering a wall of text as in your first post, and then by using some grammar and spell checking in your other posts, I chose not to comment on those areas.

But believe me, I sure wanted to.

You are having a temper tantrum because you do not like the reality of your situation. Next time, just come in here and ask us to blow pink colored smoke up your ass and maybe then, you'll get the answers you want instead of the correct answers you've received.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:21 pm 
Team Member [Top 500]*
Team Member [Top 500]*

Quote:
You are having a temper tantrum because you do not like the reality of your situation. Next time, just come in here and ask us to blow pink colored smoke up your ass and maybe then, you'll get the answers you want instead of the correct answers you've received.

Can we do that? I checked the FAQ and pink colored smoke blowing isn't covered? :?

Ron