Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:40 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Jipstyle wrote:
Do you understand the difference between pre-rendered and in-game rendering?

Never mind .. you're clueless.

You also lack talent ... those static shots are worthy of an angsty teenager's doodles.

You haven't done anything that even remotely resembles game development. If you want to criticise current games, do it without trying to claim that you're capable of doing anything other than embarrassing yourself in a thread.

Time and again, you've ignored basic questions about CS. You couldn't program your way out of a knapsack problem.
I am glad you said that too. I finally was able to see his "renders" and they are TRASH! Oh man. One he just spun a model around! LOL

Fail!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:42 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

nekollx wrote:
If any idiot can how come most game developers don't?
Eh?
You have listed ONE example of a rendering issue with a game. Which, from what little I know about that specific game... it is far from anything I would compare to COD, WoW, Half-Life, pretty much anything really.

I haven't even heard of Cryptic as a studio till now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:45 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

nekollx wrote:
Now fast forward a few years...
Why is it i can do the full CGI at home with no budget but Atari/Cryptic can't do the in game WITH a budget?
Because you can't. Your stuff doesn't look anything like the professional stuff you have been indicating! The pure and simple fact is that you cannot create the same quality of pre-rendered videos. Much less on-demand in game rendering.

The fact of the matter is you think your level X is much higher than it is. You are a hobbiest and you have created hobbiest level CGI stuff. Your renders don't do anything at all.

Create something like the final fantasy cgi you keep talking about and maybe I will change my mind.

FYI, if you EVER try to get into a game studio... remove any mention of any kind of BASIC from your resume. Don't even put it under hobbies. You'll get laughed out of the interview.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:55 am 

The answer is really simple: Corporations are corporations even if the people that work there wear jeans. There are rules and guidelines they have to follow to continue to have backing by big money. Big money lets them dress as they wish but it pretty much stops there. Game developers want to entice you into buying the game and they are nice enough to not have blocking methods placed on the game(s) to disallow modding or the like. Remember, eve while they are subject to corporate rules and follow them because they like the money they are being paid, they are also gamers too.

Saying someone "sucks" because you don't like the way others do things is a glimpse into a closed mind laced with jealousy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:12 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

coolwalker wrote:
Saying someone "sucks" because you don't like the way others do things is a glimpse into a closed mind laced with jealousy.

Third post in the forum and you're filled with wisdom.

Though, your statement is untrue if, for instance, the object in question actually sucks. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:24 am 

Jipstyle wrote:
coolwalker wrote:

Third post in the forum and you're filled with wisdom.

Though, your statement is untrue if, for instance, the object in question actually sucks. ;)

I am filled with more wisdom than you can imagine and having a certain number of Posts does not a genius make; with that said saying someone sucks is a cop-out due to the fact that there is no emperical information to back it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:38 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Actually, that is not true at all.

Britney Spears sucks. Empirical proof: her entire musical catalogue.

Paris Hilton sucks. Empirical proof: videos available online.

nekollx sucks. Empirical proof: posted his graphical efforts in this thread.

See? Easy to prove that someone sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:43 am 

Jipstyle wrote:
Actually, that is not true at all.

Britney Spears sucks. Empirical proof: her entire musical catalogue.

Paris Hilton sucks. Empirical proof: videos available online.

nekollx sucks. Empirical proof: posted his graphical efforts in this thread.

See? Easy to prove that someone sucks.

suck Pronunciation (sk)
v. sucked, suck·ing, sucks
v.tr.
1. To draw (liquid) into the mouth by movements of the tongue and lips that create suction.
a. To draw in by establishing a partial vacuum: a cleaning device that sucks up dirt.
b. To draw in by or as if by a current in a fluid.
c. To draw or pull as if by suction: teenagers who are sucked into a life of crime.
3. To draw nourishment through or from: suck a baby bottle.
4. To hold, moisten, or maneuver (a sweet, for example) in the mouth.
5. Vulgar Slang To perform fellatio on.
v.intr.
1. To draw something in by or as if by suction: felt the drain starting to suck.
2. To draw nourishment; suckle.
3. To make a sound caused by suction.
4. Vulgar Slang To be disgustingly disagreeable or offensive.
n.
1. The act or sound of sucking.
2. Suction.
3. Something drawn in by sucking.
Phrasal Verbs:
suck in
To take advantage of; cheat; swindle.
suck up Slang
To behave obsequiously; fawn.

When utilizing accepted knowledge, it appears the only one you currently have right is Paris Hilton and were it me on the video with her, I don't believe I would complain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:47 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

How about you look up 'colloquialism' and apply that concept to this thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:59 am 

Jipstyle wrote:
How about you look up 'colloquialism' and apply that concept to this thread?

No need to look it up as I grasp English fairly well, but (again) saying someone sucks simply is not enough information to make a proper judgement. It simply becomes one individual's opinion, not evidence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:03 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

What makes you think that someone's opinion lacks import?

Opinions drive the open market which drives our economy. Opinions elect politicians to positions of power.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything more important than personal opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 am 

Jipstyle wrote:
What makes you think that someone's opinion lacks import?

Opinions drive the open market which drives our economy. Opinions elect politicians to positions of power.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything more important than personal opinions.

No, no, no. Saying so and so sucks lacks any substance. saying "Johnny never graduated, drank too much, his wife left him and that's why he shot himself" is more along the lines of providing information that would allow another to arrive at the same conclusion, but just saying "Johnny sucks" isn't enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:17 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

I'm really not interested in arguing semantics with you. It is difficult enough to untwist your artificially inflated sentences.

Do you have a point?

Saying 'X sucks' is enough because it communicates exactly what I think: 'X sucks'. If someone disagrees, we can discuss it further. You'll notice that this thread has over 50 posts of discussion .. at the end of which, everyone except the OP has realised that he sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:20 am 

Jipstyle wrote:
I'm really not interested in arguing semantics with you. It is difficult enough to untwist your artificially inflated sentences.

Do you have a point?

Saying 'X sucks' is enough because it communicates exactly what I think: 'X sucks'. If someone disagrees, we can discuss it further. You'll notice that this thread has over 50 posts of discussion .. at the end of which, everyone except the OP has realised that he sucks.

Back to the basics where we are left with opinions, and my friend, semantics is the art of language; something lacking today it appears. As for arguing, if I remember you replied to me first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:43 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Semantics is not an art. It is the study of meaning.

Please master the comma before you attempt the semi-colon. Your ability to write a complex sentence depends entirely on your ability to master the basic subject-verb-object construction. Taking one step at a time is the best way to learn.

You replied to the thread pages after I entered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 am 

Jipstyle wrote:
Semantics is not an art. It is the study of meaning.

Please master the comma before you attempt the semi-colon. Your ability to write a complex sentence depends entirely on your ability to master the basic subject-verb-object construction. Taking one step at a time is the best way to learn.

You replied to the thread pages after I entered.

Language is a form of art, sadly lost. As to my misuse of puncuation, it stems from growing up in North Africa, Spain, Algeria and France and attending schools therein. English came to me later, but not without great difficulty. I do my best and yet bow to your perfection. I still disagree with you on several points however, mainly the use of the word suck in reference to a company (being the developers).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:22 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Language can be used artfully and it has not been lost in that sense. There are many talented poets and novelists producing art in many different languages.

Language itself is not art, however. It is a vehicle for communication. Saying that language is art is akin to saying that paint is art. Paint can be used to create art or it can be used to change the colour of your walls. Language is the same.

Semantics has nothing to do with art. It is the study of meaning. Art often occludes and obfuscates meaning in order to create an emotional reaction. Semantics may be used to discern meaning in art but the more successful it is, the less beauty remains.

Finally, I was arguing against the notion that game developers suck. In fact, I was arguing that they have created many fantastic games and that there are many talented developers working in corporate game studios.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:52 am 

Jipstyle wrote:
Language can be used artfully and it has not been lost in that sense. There are many talented poets and novelists producing art in many different languages.

Language itself is not art, however. It is a vehicle for communication. Saying that language is art is akin to saying that paint is art. Paint can be used to create art or it can be used to change the colour of your walls. Language is the same.

Semantics has nothing to do with art. It is the study of meaning. Art often occludes and obfuscates meaning in order to create an emotional reaction. Semantics may be used to discern meaning in art but the more successful it is, the less beauty remains.

Finally, I was arguing against the notion that game developers suck. In fact, I was arguing that they have created many fantastic games and that there are many talented developers working in corporate game studios.

Your point just became...?
Art in itself is an entirely different subject and one that after 40 plus years attempting to master, I do have somewhat of a knowledge on that subject. Art is like religion, none is right and none is wrong and the beauty of a piece can be due to its ugliness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:43 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

coolwalker wrote:
Jipstyle wrote:

Your point just became...?

... clear to those who speak the language in which it was written.

Quote:
Art in itself is an entirely different subject and one that after 40 plus years attempting to master, I do have somewhat of a knowledge on that subject. Art is like religion, none is right and none is wrong and the beauty of a piece can be due to its ugliness.

I don't disagree with the substance of your statement. It also has no bearing on what I said but I don't really mind a little digression.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:34 pm 
like a rock - waitaminute, I AM a rock
like a rock - waitaminute, I AM a rock

This thread SUCKS!!!!

CLOSED

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4