Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BFG Tech RMA video card Issue
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:07 pm 

Hello, everyone I'm having problems with BFG Tech RMA, I've sent my Video card to them in Mid September because the video card was defective, and the RMA was received in the BFG Warehouse on 2009-09-24, now it's over two months and and I've still did not received my replacement, the video card is BFG GeForce 7800 GS OC.
I've talked to BFG RMA on the phone multiple times, and i got transferred to supervisor and and the supervisor told me that replacement will ship in 10 days and now still nothing...i'm waiting...
I've called again today Dec 04 2009, to see my status and BFG tech put me on hold for 16 min, and then told me he got no answer for me, and transferred me to someone that can help me, now I've talked to supervisor and told me
that the video video card it out of stock, and doesn't know when they arrive, i was told this the last time I've called them. looks like there is no chance that I'm getting my video card this year 2009.
i did RMA with BFG in the past in 2008 with my BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC and had no problems...what is going on with them? help! is BFG Tech going downhill. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:08 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

I usually send emails. You shouldn't have to resort to it, but its worth a try.
http://www.bfgtech.com/contactts.aspx

I would file complaints too.
http://www.bbb.org/
BBB Reliability Report for BFG Technologies, Inc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:11 pm 

I started to think that I was the only one having this problem. In addition, I applied for the Trade up program, but I just quit caring about that. Lost all hope very disappointing.

I sent mine over a month, I do send emails “WEEKLYâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:33 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Have you filed a complaint with the BBB yet?

BFG likes to pimp their logo and its worth a try. Let us know what happens!

You can try to contact the CEO :lol:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-herkelman/6/324/829
http://www.facebook.com/people/Scott-He ... /542776093

I own 4 BFG GTX 295s and they better not give me problems. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 pm 

Thanks for the Info! I follow your links to BBB and found a few emails. Sent an email to BFG and I'm writing a "polite" email to the CEO.

On the other hand I wouldn't worry too much about the quality of their products. In my opinion they are better than EVGA. I owned two EVGA cards before and they died on me. I didn’t have any problems replacing them though...

BFG needs a lot of polishing when it comes to customer commitments and according to BFG "Brand Philosophy" (We listen to what our customers want from our technology products and services) is falling into deaf ears, lol

OK let me go back and finish that email, maybe "Scott" will do something about it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

loumia2004 wrote:
On the other hand I wouldn't worry too much about the quality of their products. In my opinion they are better than EVGA. I owned two EVGA cards before and they died on me. I didn’t have any problems replacing them though...
I'm not worried about the quality of their products. I'm worried about the quality of their customer support, warranty (RMAs) and Trade up Program. I don't want to deal with BS when/if the time comes for BFG support!

FWIW... one of my GTX 295s was DOA (one of the GPUs was bad). Newegg replaced it and I understand stuff happens sometimes. Newegg had great prices (469.99 ea and an additional $20 off) for the single PCB versions and great service that they have proven time and time again. The good 4 have been running Folding@Home 24/7 and have performed flawlessly so far *keeps fingers crossed* :!:

I sent them an email on the 12th to express my concerns and this is the reply I received early today:
Quote:
Add sender to Contacts
To:[my_name]@xxx.com>

[my_name],
That problem is an exception. We have a 2 business say turn around time on RMAs.
Our trade up program is very good as well. You do not have to worry about having
to wait a long time for a trade up.

Thank you,
[rep_name]
BFG Support

anyone notice the word say instead of day :? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:22 pm 

Well I just filled my complaint to the BBB. Now all I can do is wait.

No sense in getting angry at this PPL. One more thing, no more BFG products for me after this I'm very disappointed :x

Post subject: guys can you help me with this i never filed a BBB complaint
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:07 am 

loumia2004 wrote:
Well I just filled my complaint to the BBB. Now all I can do is wait.

No sense in getting angry at this PPL. One more thing, no more BFG products for me after this I'm very disappointed :x

I'm so tired of waiting for the damn RMA it's soon going to be 2010 and i STILL did not get my replacement.

Stage 1: Your full RMA number is 99260xxxx
Stage 2: Your RMA was received in the BFG Warehouse on 2009-09-24 05:56:43.
Stage 3: Your RMA has not yet shipped from the BFG Warehouse.

I am about to File a BBB complaint about this, can you guys recommend under what should i select? "Repair Issues" or "Guarantee or Warranty Issues" ? when i file?

10 regarding Advertising Issues

2 - Advertised price not honored
1 - Advertised product not available
2 - Advertisement misrepresented a product
5 - None of the Above - Advertising Complaint Issue
1 regarding Billing or Collection Issues

1 - Failure to correct billing errors
2 regarding Contract Issues

2 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
5 regarding Customer Service Issues

2 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
1 - Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support
2 - None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue
15 regarding Guarantee or Warranty Issues

2 - Disputed warranty coverage and/or terms
3 - Failure to honor service under the terms of warranties
10 - None of the Above - Guarantee or Warranty Complaint Issue
14 regarding Product Issues

8 - Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
6 - None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue
10 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues

3 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
1 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
6 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue
3 regarding Repair Issues

1 - Delayed completion of repair
1 - Improper or inferior repair
1 - None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue
5 regarding Sales Practice Issues

2 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
1 - Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information
2 - Sales presentation misrepresented the product
4 regarding Service Issues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

BFG may be slacking of late. I can kind of understand it too...but only slightly. They make good products and are really proactive in making products that don't fail. That might have a support team that's been sitting around with nothing to do but play paddleball. You having an issue may have them wondering why the phone is ringing all of a sudden :D

But you're plain getting blown off. They have your hardware and issued you an RMA number, thus they've accepted their own terms. If it is not in stock, a good company would upgrade you with the closest that IS in stock without a bat of the eye. My two favorite companies even state that in the beginning of the RMA process and in the communication during. Point blank, they issued an RMA, have your end of the deal held up, and they NEED to get you something within 14 days (I'd say a week, but it's the holidays).
-----------------------------
Here's my last RMA conversation with XFX:
"Package was returned from USPS on Sept. 28th with no specified reason noted on the shipment. xxxxxxxxx is now outside of the 30-day receiving date. What do you recommend I do? May I re-issue an RMA for this card and attempt delivery again with another carrier? Thank you!

Them:
The RMA is still valid. That is fine. They usually wait about 60 days to cancel them and it takes us one click to reopen it. Make sure that the address is correct. I have never seen us turn away a package. It should be 1931 Lynx Place, Ontario, California, 91761. Lynx Ave also works. Call us at 800-880-3225 and confirm that it is correct over the phone before trying again. We car available from 9-5 PST M-F. Thank you. Mark

It got canceled, but I sent it anyway. 5 days and I had a new card back. In the RMA form, they also have a space for what card you'd like if the RMA'd one is not available.

VisionTek also took about 10 days for a turn around, but they don't make nVidia cards. But I DO suggest rethinking BFG if this is how you're getting shafted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:20 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

visontek has legendary RMA support
they are what the rest should try to be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:45 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

whathuhitwasntme wrote:
visontek has legendary RMA support
they are what the rest should try to be
Some companies set the bar pretty low.

We shouldn't need RMA support. That would be legendary :!:

Post subject: BFG Just doesn't care about its customers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:17 pm 

I was looking thru the web trying to find some place that could give me a direction to go in with my BGF RMA. I am seeing people that are upset about not getting their item back for a month and even two months. I am here to tell you I have passed the SEVEN month mark waiting for my RMA. Fifteen emails. Numerous phone calls. I was offered lesser products and agreed. Received nothing. I was offered nicer products since my product is no longer made. Still nothing. I got a corporate number that stated "for immediate assistance, dial zero." I did just that and got hung up on. Twice. I have totally given up on BFG. I used their products for years in several builds, but if a company can't stand by its product, then what good is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:29 am 

BFG is worthless. I just received my card back from RMA. Plugged it in and it was still broken, just slightly less unusable compared to the card I sent in. Overall I am unhappy with them, like everybody else. Even if you get your RMA back, better hope it works. I waited about 2.5 weeks for mine.

Calling tomorow, they better offer free shipping for making me wait more weeks. Else I'm done with them for good. Rather throw 200 bucks for a new card then to deal with their crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:03 am 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

I'm crossing BFG off my list of recommendations for GPU's until they get their shit squared away. Sad too. They used to be so awesome with customer service.

XFX and EVGA are the only two people to buy Nvidia cards from now. Both of them have great warranties, XFX's being better than EVGA's, and both of them have legendary customer service, EVGA's being slightly better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:53 am 
Million Club
Million Club

+1 with evga. Have never had a problem with them.

Just make sure to register whatever you bought on their site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:42 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Same boat here. Had an 8800 GTS 512 die on me back in January. I sent it in, got a confirmation on Jan 23. Called Feb 13, "out of stock". So I called in again tonight, almost 3 months later...

I'm filing the BBB complaint while I wait on hold. I'm done waiting. This card that failed was in a light use computer. It shouldn't have failed (I realize my particular model was an Overclocked model) in the short time that it did, but this RMA process is horrid. I probably should have been a thorn in their side long ago, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt - afterall, BFG is a well respected company right?

Not so apparently. My only hope is that looking over their BBB profile states that out of the 32 complaints, 100% of them were responded to, so it looks like a good way to get their attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:26 pm 

This is the letter I wrote BFG

What does BFG's QC Dept really stand for ?
RMA 9927*****
I'm writing to you because I have an ongoing issue with BFG. I am the owner of two BFG 8800 GTXs in which I have invested about $1400. I have had to RMA these cards on several occasion almost from the very beginning . You have sent me cards that I have had to send right back. Reasons being one time one of the cards wouldn't even post, another one had what looked like bubbles popping when it warmed up, another everything was green and white and so on so on. . I feel that when someone returns a card the QC dept does a quick bench test and as long as it boots and the fan turns they throw it on the shelf for the next guy to deal with. Now I'm sure they do a little bit more than that. So in other words the QC Dept is lacking in my consumer opinion. This went on for several months until I finally got a level 3 tech Robert involved and he actually took the time to run some 24 hour testing on a set of cards and... WALA... they worked great. Now it has been quite some time and these cards have had to be RMAed once again. One card was locking up and that was confirmed by BFG, the other one the fan speed controller quit working . You received them on the 22nd of January and shipped only one out to me and I have called you several time. Your techs keep telling me they're waiting to receive new stock for these cards so call us back next week in which I keep doing . I'm sure you have a record. Well I'm sorry but after such a long period of time you would think BFG would step up and take care of this problem. You can read all the different forms about how EVGA, XFX, and yes BFG, how they handle situations like this. Because 8800 series are discontinued and they have had no problem resolving it. It seems to me that because of the CRONIC issues with the returning of the defective cards BFG kept sending me that they have turned this back at me and are doing everything they can to not change these cards to something else. I have spoke with many of your techs about the many many known issues with these cards. I had one tech straight out tell me that they have too many problems and were a bad design, can you believe that? Yeah me either. So anyway I've told them that I would even take a down grade or something equal to. Just send me something that I don't have to keep sending back . Anyway I feel that I am being wronged, I could go on and on but I don't know what else to do. But be at your mercy . Is there any way to resolve this issue? Please respond.
Thank You...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:21 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Well, if you eyeball my post date / time on this thread prior to this reply, it's taken them that long to reply to my BBB complaint, so it would appear that this is a good way to get their attention on the whole RMA backlog thing. Better communication is really all that we need (or that I need).

Working with a guy named Jeff. Says he'll have something out soon and on its way to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:47 am 

Slow RMA means only one thing - cash problems.

My guess is the economy has hit BFG pretty hard and they do not have the money to deal with defective products.

Just a guess, but 3 months of this running around BS is crap.

They may not be long for this world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:14 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Have you tried to negotiate an upgrade from your present card? I went through this very same thing with Asus with a GTX 280 and finally told them to give me a card that they do have in stock, I ended up with a GTX 285. You may not get something that fast, but even the low end Nvidia card of today would be faster than your 7800.

Personally I have dealt with BFG and I had such a good experience that I would buy another BFG product just based on that. I hope the speculations of their pending doom is not true.

Good luck