Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HP Printer Customer support
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:30 pm 

Purchased a printer November 21, 2008. Office jet pro L7680. After 8 months the printer was having issues with output quality. After many hours on HP online chat and many attempts to get situation helped, they sent out new print head. Several weeks went by and no print head arrived. Several more online chats and another was sent. It arrived October 14th 2009. After 10 days, the new heads started failing. Cleaned and purged heads now printer is unusable. Print heads are still under warrantee. Told by Warren (senior technical support staff) that print heads are not the problem, but the printer is now out of warrantee. We could upgrade if we wanted. Further, told that warrantee date starts when printer is manufactured NOT when purchased. Also online chat help does not count as asking for assistance, the phone system and online system are separate systems and I am out of luck!

HP is also wanting to charge me 39.00 just to talk to them for support. I am left with a 60 pound paperweight sitting on my desk and a 400.00 item that hasn't worked well during the warrantee period.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:48 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

I hate to say it, but your warranty did end on November 21, 2009 and methinks you're indeed now SOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:44 pm 
Million Club [PC]*
Million Club [PC]*

@ OvenMaster: all due respect, but, that's crap.

@ Pjarbit:
Warrantees start on the date of purchase. It helps, though, if you can produce a sales receipt/invoice (better still, if you registered the printer with HP when (or shortly after) you bought it. Records help - a lot.)
That said, no registration and no invoice = warranty does start on date of manufacture.

Assuming that you either registered the printer, and/or have (or, can get) an original invoice (both would be best), call HP again. Get your issue escalated to a CSR supervisor. You do have a history of service calls (here, it does help if you've documented them: dates, ticket number(s), etc) that go back to before your 1year was up. Explain your situation to the supervisor. Be polite! You'd be surprised as how much politeness (and, supporting docs) will get you. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:34 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

cup wrote:
@ OvenMaster: all due respect, but, that's crap.

@ Pjarbit:
Warrantees start on the date of purchase. It helps, though, if you can produce a sales receipt/invoice (better still, if you registered the printer with HP when (or shortly after) you bought it. Records help - a lot.)
That said, no registration and no invoice = warranty does start on date of manufacture.

Assuming that you either registered the printer, and/or have (or, can get) an original invoice (both would be best), call HP again. Get your issue escalated to a CSR supervisor. You do have a history of service calls (here, it does help if you've documented them: dates, ticket number(s), etc) that go back to before your 1year was up. Explain your situation to the supervisor. Be polite! You'd be surprised as how much politeness (and, supporting docs) will get you. ;)

I'm just speakin' from personal experience, sir. I'll rephrase my original post:

I hate to say it, but whenever my product warranty ended and I needed any free service afterwards, I was always SOL.

Whenever I've bought something and it busted any time after the warranty, no amount of niceness or bargaining or documentation ever got me even one bit of satisfaction. Maybe I patronize the wrong vendors? Hell, I've even been refused warranty service DURING the warranty term!

In all seriousness, I do wish Pjarbit all the good luck in the world in getting his issue resolved... I hope it's better than mine has been over the years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:07 am 
Willamette
Willamette

I abandoned HP six or seven years ago when I realized how much their printers, printer software drivers, and printer support sucked!!! I will never again purchase an HP printer as I have found Epson multifunction devices (printer/copier/scanner) to be much more trouble-free and reliable. Just FYI.