Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Gaming companies getting away with unfinished products
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:49 pm 

I find it so interesting how FourZeroTwo aka Robert Bowling and other moderators blatantly ignore the Infinity Ward Forums. I see RB posting on his facebook, and tweets regarding how much he's enjoying playing some other game and yada yada, meanwhile the forums at IW are completely lit up with an insurmountable amount of complaints regarding various aspects of the game.

Meanwhile there is a petition with 234,000 signatures and growing every day with people asking IW and Activision to please bring back the Dedicated Servers.

The whole IWNet debacle has literally turned into a free for all among the hacker community as they took IWNet and Steam as a direct challenge. Well the hacks are winning I'm afraid.

This game has the groundwork for absolute greatness, graphics, sound, maps, map sizes, weapons almost every thing. multiplayer is the very worst gaming experience I have encountered in my 11 years of online gaming since Medal Of Honor. Perhaps Activision measures greatness in sales rather than quality work.

Arent we as consumers entitled to purchase a finished product. Last I checked the number one rule....Give the customer what they want, not what you think they need...Instead these companies are getting away with selling and releasing an unfinished product to meet deadlines for greedy execs like Bobby Kotick.

EA did this on a few occasions with Breakthrough, Pacific Assault and MOH Airborne and the backlash that resulted is a huge loss in the PC comunity and complete loss of trust. Only thing is now if we want to play we have to choose among the lesser of two evils..EA or Activision.

I have been to EA Studios in LA to review Pacific Assault upon invite from Rick Giolino, and told them about the issues I saw, they didn't fix it and the game tanked. I also reviewed MOH AIrborne and told them the game would tank...it did. I reviewed Brothers in Arms at Ubisoft in San Fransisco and thought it was a great game with the exception of the multiplayer. Upon invite from a meeting with Jason West I reviewed COD4 Modern Warfare and the game was incredible. I'm not trying to toot my horn here but merely trying to establish I know a little something about the games I am interested in.

It seems companies are selling out for the larger profit margin from the less demanding COnsole community. I spent $5000 on building my gaming rig from parts recommended by Maximum PC based on their Dream Machine of 2007 and the rig still screams. I'm happy with it very much so.

But how is it these companies can get away with selling an unfinished product. How can we get them to listen and respect us...the consumer. Even with a petition with 234,000 signatures doesnt seem to budge them in their arrogance. People such as Robert Bowling acting upon their own cowardice and hiding from the forums, and refusing to be held accountable for the numerous issues in this and future games makes me just want to retire from gaming altogether.

ShockNAwe Mack aka Rob Mosher

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:22 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

don't think from your perspective, you have no power and don't matter. Think from activision's perspective. The game had the biggest launch ever. They made hellas money, the vast majority of purchasers are fragging happily away. They don't give a damn about the whiners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:50 pm 

Spartacus wrote:
don't think from your perspective, you have no power and don't matter. Think from activision's perspective. The game had the biggest launch ever. They made hellas money, the vast majority of purchasers are fragging happily away. They don't give a damn about the whiners.

hmm interesting verbage a ghetto language there. My post wasnt for you. It was for the guru's here at Max PC to maybe help with an issue. Dont turn these forums into a gangsta wannabe flame war like the forums at IW. Be constructive for christs sake, if you dont have something constructive to say GTFO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:06 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

shocknawemack wrote:
My post wasnt for you. It was for the guru's here at Max PC to maybe help with an issue.

And exactly what is the issue you want MPC to asist you with?
To me, your post is more a rant than anything substantive about any particular issue that can be addressed.
Please elucidate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:47 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Welcome to online gaming.
This is the reason I got out of it years ago after being a game server admin for a couple of years.
Heck, even Mafia Wars on Facebook has cheaters.
I doubt anything is going to change anytime soon.

Go outside and play Frisbee golf or something that can't be hacked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:30 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

shocknawemack wrote:
Spartacus wrote:

hmm interesting verbage a ghetto language there. My post wasnt for you. It was for the guru's here at Max PC to maybe help with an issue. Dont turn these forums into a gangsta wannabe flame war like the forums at IW. Be constructive for christs sake, if you dont have something constructive to say GTFO.

that was about the most helpful advice you're going to get here. I don't think you realize how many people we've gotten here who complain about MW2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:27 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

MW2 sucks :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:23 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

shocknawemack wrote:
Spartacus wrote:

Here at MPC, we don't allow flaming. Please take your own advice and consider this your only warning. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:58 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

Quote:
Gaming companies getting away with unfinished products

What's the big deal? Microsoft's been doing the same thing for over 20 years.

I'm just sayin'...