Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:36 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

nmanguy wrote:
So has anyone played it online yet? I'd like to know what sort of ping people are getting.

It's worked really well for me so far. Finding and connecting to a match is almost instantaneous. I haven't had any lag issues either. None of my host have quit yet so I've never had to deal with it switching host.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

XoRn wrote:
nmanguy wrote:
So has anyone played it online yet? I'd like to know what sort of ping people are getting.

It's worked really well for me so far. Finding and connecting to a match is almost instantaneous. I haven't had any lag issues either. None of my host have quit yet so I've never had to deal with it switching host.

I assume on PC? Hopefully gamestop is open after I get off work so I can get it tonight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:54 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

GBH wrote:
XoRn wrote:
I assume on PC? Hopefully gamestop is open after I get off work so I can get it tonight

Correct. Also if your Gamestop happens to be closed but a 24/7 Wal-Mart is near by, they had a midnight launch as well and should have plenty of copies. Our Gamestop had a line going out of their building half way into the parking lot at 12:40. Fortunately Wal-mart's line was gone and happened to be next door so I got it their instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:42 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

XoRn wrote:
GBH wrote:
XoRn wrote:

Correct. Also if your Gamestop happens to be closed but a 24/7 Wal-Mart is near by, they had a midnight launch as well and should have plenty of copies. Our Gamestop had a line going out of their building half way into the parking lot at 12:40. Fortunately Wal-mart's line was gone and happened to be next door so I got it their instead.

I had mine preordered at gamestop months ago lol. Been stuck working extra hours at work, so I didn't have the time nor energy to go to the midnight launch. Ill get it soon though. Thanks for the heads up though

Edit: Xorn, what are you running in your PC? Im curious how it will run on mine.

ASUS P5K Deluxe
E6550 @ 3.4
GTX 260+ ( minor OC )
OCZ 700w
ASUS VH226H 1080p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:38 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

GBH wrote:
XoRn wrote:
GBH wrote:
XoRn wrote:

I had mine preordered at gamestop months ago lol. Been stuck working extra hours at work, so I didn't have the time nor energy to go to the midnight launch. Ill get it soon though. Thanks for the heads up though

Edit: Xorn, what are you running in your PC? Im curious how it will run on mine.

ASUS P5K Deluxe
E6550 @ 3.4
GTX 260+ ( minor OC )
OCZ 700w
ASUS VH226H 1080p

Your's should run good, I'm using a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, E6850 @ 3.0ghz, 8GB DDR2 Memory, GTX 260+ Stock, Corsair 750TX, Acer H233H and it runs great. I did have 2 copies Pre-ordered one for the PS3 & other for PC. I've completed entire campaign on PS3. I do not like the fact you have to have Steam installed in order to Activate CoD:MW2 nothing against the Steam users but I've never cared for any Steam games out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:40 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

@Sniper2k1 If you don't play TF2, then plz quietly leave. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:40 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

GBH wrote:
Xorn, what are you running in your PC? Im curious how it will run on mine.

ASUS P5K Deluxe
E6550 @ 3.4
GTX 260+ ( minor OC )
OCZ 700w
ASUS VH226H 1080p

You should be looking at max everything no problem. I got:

Gigabyte EP45
E8400 @ 3.0
XFX GTX 260
4GB DDR2 1066

Running max settings, all graphics options on, 1680 x 1050 all solid. I can ever FRAPS at full resolution at 30FPS w/Sound without dropping frames.

Sniper2k1 wrote:
I do not like the fact you have to have Steam installed in order to Activate CoD:MW2 nothing against the Steam users but I've never cared for any Steam games out there.

I believe the Steam activation is do to VAC being the games anti cheat client. Because I use Steam for most of my games, I actually like that I was able to link my retail copy to my account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:23 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

XoRn wrote:
GBH wrote:
Xorn, what are you running in your PC? Im curious how it will run on mine.

ASUS P5K Deluxe
E6550 @ 3.4
GTX 260+ ( minor OC )
OCZ 700w
ASUS VH226H 1080p

You should be looking at max everything no problem. I got:

Gigabyte EP45
E8400 @ 3.0
XFX GTX 260
4GB DDR2 1066

Running max settings, all graphics options on, 1680 x 1050 all solid. I can ever FRAPS at full resolution at 30FPS w/Sound without dropping frames.

Sniper2k1 wrote:
I do not like the fact you have to have Steam installed in order to Activate CoD:MW2 nothing against the Steam users but I've never cared for any Steam games out there.

I believe the Steam activation is do to VAC being the games anti cheat client. Because I use Steam for most of my games, I actually like that I was able to link my retail copy to my account.

Yeah I agree to some what Xorn, but I disagree that VAC being the games anti cheat client will do much because it wont. I'm not saying its bad or anything I just don't like the fact that you have to use Steam to play the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:50 am 
Northwood
Northwood

Meh. As long as you have the option to use steam or not we're all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:29 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

What are the min and recommended requirements for the PC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:53 am 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

CrashTECH wrote:
What are the min and recommended requirements for the PC?

Minimum specs found here:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/50930/Call-Of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Minimum-System-Requirements-Revealed

AJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:58 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Can you post them... "game" sites are filtered :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:05 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

* OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
* Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
* Memory: 512MB RAM (1GB for Windows Vista)
* Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
* DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
* Hard Drive: 16GB of free hard drive space
* Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
* Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity
* Co-op/Multiplayer Hosting: To host Co-op or MP matches, a 2Ghz dual-core or better processor is recommended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:08 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

wewt! Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am 
Northwood
Northwood

Thanks digg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:00 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Dwood15 wrote:
Thanks digg.

More likely came off 4chan =P

But I'd like to address it none the less. First the ping, which has a lot of people scared, is bullshit. I can't definitively say I'm getting lower then 30, but I know it's well below 100. This is true for almost everyone in the matches I've played thus far. I would say the host advantage is a moot point as well seeing as you don't know who the host is in the first place. I played 8 or 9 games in the same lobby with the same people and their were about 3 of us always fighting for the top spot. Skill will beat out a few empty milliseconds. That's 2.

Next, at launch MW1 did not have Mod Tools, thus no Custom maps, or competitive mods either (and 32 player max servers, not 64). That's 4 more off the list right their.

One thing I notice none of these list ever have (and this is how I can tell they we're written by someone who hasn't even played MW2 yet) is MW2 never gets credited FOR HAVING AN ENTIRELY NEW COOP GAME MODE! If your going list difference from the first and second one, I'd think something as substantial as a new cooperative game mode would be some where their.

I knight Digg, with a troll stick.
:lol:

Last edited by XoRn on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:31 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Finally got to play it today for about 45 minutes ( seriously was tempted to call in sick to work ) and I gotta say I was impressed. Took no time at all to find a game. I clicked TDM and boom was in. There has been no lag. Lowest my ping was in the yellow and I didn't notice any difference. 9v9 although sounds small on paper is actually a good number for the maps. I feel like a traitor, but (so far) MW2 is damn good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:09 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Completed the entire Single Player campaign, I do hope whenever the next CoD is who knows that it does go longer and more challenging. Xorn or anyone else who has played this game online is there any Vehicles you can use on the MP side like on some of the maps in the SP Campaign?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Sniper2k1 wrote:
Xorn or anyone else who has played this game online is there any Vehicles you can use on the MP side like on some of the maps in the SP Campaign?

I'm pretty sure Spec-Ops does, but the standard MP is another story.

Their aren't any stationed around the map (that I know of, I haven't played them all yet), but some of the kill streak perks from what I've seen allow you to open up a laptop and control some of the more powerful ones like running the guns on the AC130 Gunship, or taking over the turret of the Heli from MW1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:46 pm 
BANNED
BANNED

THIS GAME ROCKS FOR THE PC!!!!

Yea it sucks that you cant lean, and no dedicated servers...but it has had no lag whatsoever. Smooth as hell, and the cool variety of weapons rocks!

Too me this plays at a faster pace (multiplayer) then COD:MW

All the issues people have been bitching about scared me, but just played 3 matches and I love it.

My only gripe is that there is not a huge graphics upgrade. I mean don't get me wrong it looks good. Just the same quality as COD:MW

Don't know what you have, but I am running it on this:

Intel Core i5 2.67 @ 3.2
MSI P55 MOBO
GSKILL 4GB 1600
DIAMOND ATI RADEON 5870
ACER 23' AT 1920X1080

All settings maxed and not even seeing any stress on the rig.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next