Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: srsly?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:47 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

Cool, so if I just send $200 to Nigeria, I can get a date!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:20 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

based on that description, i think i will try my luck with the Amish Dating website.

Post subject: Re: srsly?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:29 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Spartacus wrote:

actually it's quite legit... many of the bars i manage have had this group in with 40 - 50 people showing up at a time... this is in many cities.... it's not designed for younger people however... most of the groups ranged in age over 30 years old.... unless you're searching for cougars.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:35 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

really? huh... the grammar in that ad was so painful I was thinking about a guy sitting in a Nigerian cafe the whole time I read it. still a rather strange site to have an ad like that... also, they're "serious professionals and users"... as in pot users?????? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:35 am 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

If you were using the Adblock Plus add on, you wouldn't have to see any of that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:11 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Quakindude wrote:
If you were using the Adblock Plus add on, you wouldn't have to see any of that. :wink:

Will just felt a stabbing pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:09 am 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

adbock can be set to let particular sites ads through. usually MPC is allowed, so Will can breath easy in my case :)

if ads werent so in your face (blinking, animated, sound) I would be fine with them. I actually like ads. but they can be soooo annoying, well adblock is the 1st thing I install.

also for those on wireless EVDO and have 5 gig (or even less on some plans) bandwidth caps, ads can eat into that. when they charge per kilobyte after the cap is reached ads can cost money fast. Im grandfathered in so they cant charge if I exceed the cap but they can throttle me if they want. adblock can shave a not insignificant amount of bandwidth per month off. not much maybe but every kilobyte saved goes towards the wifes ebay browsing allowance ;)

I realize Will doesnt have total control over ads displayed. but I wish the parent company did a better job sometimes. that screaming ad freaked my wife right out when I hit it, she had never seen an ad that talked before and the PC speakers were set kinda loud as the PC is otherwise silent.. no system event noises are enabled. (MPC and my Jeep forums are the only sites that adblock allows ads through on, but MPC currently blocked again..) so she is used to silent browsing.

sooo.. is it safe to let ads on MPC through again? no more talkies? I like my silent PC ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:02 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Spartacus wrote:
really? huh... the grammar in that ad was so painful I was thinking about a guy sitting in a Nigerian cafe the whole time I read it. still a rather strange site to have an ad like that... also, they're "serious professionals and users"... as in pot users?????? :lol:

The grammar in that ad is completely correct. Serious users is a strange turn of phrase but it is not incorrect.

Plentyoffish is a well-known dating site and a very easy way to get laid .. I've several single friends who find it 'easier than buying nachos at Safeway.'

I'm not quite sure what that means, to be honest, but it made me laugh when he said it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:46 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

I don't like the ads that pop out and you have to click an x to get rid of them

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:32 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Jipstyle wrote:
Spartacus wrote:

The grammar in that ad is completely correct. Serious users is a strange turn of phrase but it is not incorrect.

Plentyoffish is a well-known dating site and a very easy way to get laid .. I've several single friends who find it 'easier than buying nachos at Safeway.'

I'm not quite sure what that means, to be honest, but it made me laugh when he said it.

Wait, Safeway sells Nachos?

Post subject: Re: srsly?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:10 am 

Spartacus wrote:

You're kidding right?

When I'm bored I create an account there and go cougar hunting in my town on the regular.

Its not a scam.

Well, not once you get through all of the fat single mothers looking for baby daddies that is.....