Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Paypal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I created a Paypal account nearly two years ago and, up until recently, I have enjoyed using it (particularly at eBay). During that time, my account has been limited twice and both times it was believed to have been compromised by a third-party. The first time I was able to resolve the issue by having their automated system dial my home phone number (which was part of my account information when I originally set up my Paypal account) and it gave me a numerical code to put into a field at their site to resolve the limitation issue on the account. The second time I had the system call my home phone number, but when went to pick up the handset of my cordless phone, I accidentally hung up on it, and it was unable to verify my home phone number as I did not get the numeric code from its system. Soooo, the next option was to wait for PayPal to send me a letter (to my physical snailmail address) with a code that I was to input at their website under my account. This was to take 5-9 business days, so I waited. As of yesterday, it had been 11 business days since I found that my PayPal account had had a limitation put on it and I had still not received any letter at my physical address from PayPal. So I contacted them via email at their website and explained the problem. Today, they sent me an email, stating that additional information was needed and they specifically requested a recent utility bill with my physical address listed exactly as it was on my PayPal account. WTF???????!!!!!!!!! And they want this information faxed to them attached to a fax cover sheet that I am to print from their website. Is this legitimate??? No wonder some of the sellers at eBay hate PayPal so damned much!!! What a load of crap to have to do just to remove a goddamn limitation on my own account (which was placed there by PayPal for my own "protection" as a result of some unnamed third-party supposedly compromising it in the first place)! Has anyone else experienced this problem with PayPal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:51 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

ya know
99.9999999999999999 % of the time when you get a "limited access" email from pay pal, its not from pay pal. Its a scammer.

now having said that
all you should have to do is call the number on their CONTACT US tab on the web page, that YOU TYPED IN WWW.PAYPAL.COM, not the url you clicked on from an email EVER.

I have never had a time when I could not get an issue unscrewed while on the phone with them. Typically just requires you verify your name, last 4 of social or a security question. Anything else reeks of identity theft!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Thanks for the reply. I just called the phone number listed under "Contact Us" and explained the issue to a PayPal agent who then reviewed my account information and explained the problem to me and then proceeded to lift the limitation from my account. As far as the specifics in your reply, be advised that I did not click on any links in the email that I received from PayPal and that the email that PayPal sent in response to my webform inquiry (concerning the missing letter they were to have sent me to verify my physical address) was just an alternative method to the letter itself. Anyway, thank you for the reply and the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:43 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

You're pissed because PayPal is protecting your money.

You're an idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:50 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

I think he was picking a bone with himself in that post, not paypal.