Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ASUSTEK customer nonsupport
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:18 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Dont call them if you want answers.

I was 5 min into a call with them before they even asked what kind of product it was!
Just whats not working, not what is it. I had to practically drag them kicking an screaming to the call.
And the upshot, the dept that supposedly handles this situation, gone for the day early by several hours. Likely sitting there watching the phone light up and not answering.

My new i7 build, still not working. Thanks ASUS
I wont use another of your products thats for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:09 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

huh. I had an asus board that died on me after 6 months of use, and I called in to RMA it. Of course I had to wade through all the techs asking me to make sure it's plugged in, but after that the RMA was quick and painless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:35 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

its NEW
shiny from the package
NEVER RUN
it should run out of the package new
they told me to take it to a repair shop
ITS NEW!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:13 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

I've hated on Asus for many years due to their near complete lack of quality customer support. I've had some NIGHTMARE experiences with them and they've cost me over $500 in dead equipment.

I will never buy their shit again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:35 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

I didnt buy this
I won the darn thing
no fault of the donor, he has been really helpful and patient with the whole situation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:00 am 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

I've had the exact opposite experience with Asus when my laptop's GPU fried. They were fast, helpful, and polite every time I contacted them. They fixed it once, and it worked fine for 20 minutes before getting a ton of artifacts all over the screen, then the second time I sent it in, they paid for air shipping both ways, and it's actually fixed.

I would recommend going through email if you need to RMA something.

Trust me, I was afraid of being screwed over from all the tons of horror stories about Asus' tech support, but they pulled through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:23 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

really unlikely this is going to end up fixing with a bios chip in my opinion, for 2 motherboards to do the EXACT same thing come on.

It was the complete lack of their "support" to even trouble shoot it that amazed/baffled me.

I was 2/3 of the way into the conversation before they even asked what kind of motherboard it was!

there was none of the typical try this and let me know if it did anything etc, just well its either the bios or the ram. When in my humble opinion its actually looking like the CPU to me, but I will swap out the bios chip when it gets here an see if it posts then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:41 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

its almost never the CPU. So you're saying you didn't make sure the rest of the components were working before calling it in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:57 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

I have replaced all the components!

changed the ram
changed the power supply to a superior one
got a new motherboard(same result)

have done all the elimination I can from this end

I have fired this thing off with nothing in it but the cpu
also
with just the ram
the ram + video card
the ram, the video card, and a hard drive
some of the ram, a video card an a hard drive
all of the ram, a video card an hard drive
every possible combination of this build

never once has it posted or even made a single noise

the only thing I have NOT tried is to run the system with no CPU installed which was suggested by somebody but I told them no thanks

when I called asus I expected them to have a trouble shooting list of things to try to eliminate parts as bad, Nope. Just well if its not got video its either the ram, which I have replaced to the same result. Or its the bios? Odd that the bios would be bad on TWO identical new motherboards! But he was happy saying it was common issue, even though this is a older processor and supported from day one of FABRICATION of this motherbord, he said they simply made too many processors for them to keep up(there have been exactly 5 1366 processors to date) but hey, wtf do I know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:13 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

it'll never POST with no CPU or RAM in it.
its probably a board incompatibility. Sometimes a board just won't work with a given random set of hardware. I'd send the board in for a refund and get another brand board.
It's also possible its the CPU, which would be the first case of a bad non-friend CPU I've ever seen. I'd try swapping that board for another brand board first, and then maybe the CPU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:48 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

dont think you getting the point

I can not swap the board
it was the prize in the summer to remember contest
the donor has been very helpfull in sending me another of the SAME board purchased new just to send to me, AGAIN, I now have 2 of them sitting here doing the exact same thing with this selection of hardware.

If it were as simple as just taking it back to compusa or best buy I would have by now. I am rite on the line of being a jerk to the nice folks that donated all the swag for the prize, but I am really trying to work it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:37 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

For some reason, my post from yesterday disappeared, so here it is now. Are you contacking Asetek, or Asustek? They are different companies, with Asus being the better of the 2 (Asetek is Asus's low budget division)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:22 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

AsRock is the Asus budget division. Asetek makes OEM liquid coolers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:41 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

I am calling the phone number on the inside of the cover on the manual its

812-282-2787
but if you google it, comes back as a company that fields calls for them and gigabyte as well so probably talking to some prisoner on a telephone switch board who figured it was better than stamping license plates.
explains why I had to leave a message at the "bios" dept, who should have been there according to the hours of service on the manual but oddly were not there at 3pm EST go figure

regardless the facts remain
IT DONT WORK lol

I have email to directron sent to see how they feel about the processor an warranty if needed
and I have a phone message to the "bios" dept at asus

and I have a spiffy non working i7 that at this point I am honestly beginning to feel like it needs to go to ebay just because I am about to be done with it!

Post subject: ITS NOT JUST ME!!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:40 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=13-131-359&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&SelectedRating=-1&PurchaseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=10

now normally I put ZERO stock in newegg reviews
but this product has a huge number of manufacturer replies to customer service for the same exact thing I have going on here!
read a few pages of the above url and see exactly what I mean

this is a P6T
not se or deluxe just P6T

Post subject: ITS NOT JUST ME!!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:43 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

but this product has a huge number of manufacturer replies to customer service for the same exact thing I have going on here!
read a few pages of the url and see exactly what I mean

this is a P6T

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131359

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:38 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

whathuhitwasntme wrote:
dont think you getting the point

I can not swap the board
it was the prize in the summer to remember contest
the donor has been very helpfull in sending me another of the SAME board purchased new just to send to me, AGAIN, I now have 2 of them sitting here doing the exact same thing with this selection of hardware.

If it were as simple as just taking it back to compusa or best buy I would have by now. I am rite on the line of being a jerk to the nice folks that donated all the swag for the prize, but I am really trying to work it out.
Why can't you RMA? They don't need to know about the contest, and it probably doesn't matter.
ASUSTeK wrote:
All ASUS motherboard purchased after November 1st, 1999 will carry 3 year warranty services. ASUS product warranty is based on the serial number printed.

Note: Warranty void for user removing serial number sticker on the motherboard .
I've RMAed 1 GIGABYTE mobo, and 2 kits of Crucail RAM. Neither required proof of purchase. They fixed my mobo and sent it back. The RAM was replaced. No needto speak with GIGABYTE support. Micron spoiled me too.

whathuhitwasntme wrote:
read a few pages of the url and see exactly what I mean

this is a P6T

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131359
I read the poor and very poor reviews and honestly don't know what you're talking about. That looks like the normal Newegg BS and the board doesn't stand out when you compare it to the rest. Its right where it should be, and you can find people bitching about the same exact things for all of them. The ASRock is the only exception, and that's probably because expectations are low to begin with :lol:

EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI
602 Total
526 Average+
76 Poor and Very Poor

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA
417 Total
338 Average+
79 Poor and Very Poor

** ASUS P6T LGA 1366
282 Total
233 Average+
49 Poor and Very Poor

ASUS Rampage II Extreme
241 Total
194 Average+
47 Poor and Very Poor

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R
236 Total
188 Average+
48 Poor and Very Poor

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
196 Total
170 Average+
26 Poor very poor

EVGA E758-TR 3-Way SLI
172 Total
145 Average+
27 Poor and Very Poor

MSI X58 Platinum SLI
77 Total
62 Average+
15 Poor and Very Poor

Foxconn BloodRage
72 Total
60 Average+
12 Poor and Very Poor

ASRock X58 Extreme
60 Total
55 Average+
5 Poor and Very Poor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:51 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

whathuhitwasntme wrote:
really unlikely this is going to end up fixing with a bios chip in my opinion, for 2 motherboards to do the EXACT same thing come on.

If you "have replaced all the components" and "have done all the elimination I can from this end" then there is really nothing left to do but RMA. Swaping parts and trying the bare minimum is really all you can, besides asking for help & letting them catch something you overlooked or messed up.

Why can't you can get two bad ones? 4 bugs flew in my eyes while I was running the other day. My friend didn't get hit once, and I have never been attacked like that before. I didn't smell that bad either. Shit just happens and it does so more often on occasions like this. Go steal a motherboard from ASUS and I bet it will work fine :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:04 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

where are they stored. lets got get a few of them

at the very least we will be doing them a service of pre testing them for them!!!

I have been on the phone with customer service more or less all day now.
One tech tells you one thing and you go try it, an the next tech says, no that's not correct do this! I have been sent to the "bios" dept voice mail since Friday, they claim they will call you rite back, thats horse shit of the finest variety!!! They are open 7 days a week till midnight according to the tech on the phone, yet they manage to infuriate a customer at will.

I don't know, they keep telling me its the bios that needs updated but then they tell me read the sticker to me,but there is NO SUCH STICKER on the motherboard! So, I call em up, where is this "sticker" with the bios as released from the plant on the motherboard? Oh, let me transfer you to the bios dept that is NEVER THERE!@#$%^&*() Leave your name number an case number so that we can ignore you!

quick update
RMA issued
cross ship dept dont bother with the fax number on the form they send you, ITS the wrong number? oh geeze let me get back in the car and go back to the fax machine to send it again, thanks for the incorrect printed number on your own letterhead asus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:59 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

I'm glad I have never had to deal with crap like that. Don't open the new package. It might be worth more when you pawn it :D

Are they sending you one with an updated BIOS that works?
What chip do you have?

http://usa.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=Q ... fications#
Quote:
Core i7 920(2.66G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.C0,130W) Since BIOS 0112

Core i7 920(2.66G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W) Since BIOS 0403

Core i7 940(2.93G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.C0,130W) Since BIOS 0112

Core i7 950(3.06G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W) Since BIOS 0502

Core i7 Extreme Edition 965(3.20G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.C0,130W) Since BIOS 112

Core i7 Extreme Edition 975(3.33G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W) Since BIOS 0502