Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:19 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Jipstyle wrote:
They are disabled because the only people who want to read the same lame line of text and wall of images after every post is the person who wrote the sig in the first place.

We have avatars to recognise forum members. If you've got something so witty to say that you need to repeat it after every single post you make .. chances are that you aren't half as witty as you think. ;)

Ah, see on all the other forums I've been on, there's a character limit and a no picture clause, ect.

I'm not bashing, I'm just surprised that it's been disabled because most people can use it responsibly. It adds a nice personal touch, much the same way an avatar would.

Again, he's in my signature in spirit then =).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:26 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Most people .. responsibly.

:lol:

Thanks man .. that'll keep me smiling for hours!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:52 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Here's what happens when you allow sigs... with pics.

Guitar World forums :roll:

There's about 20 lines of actual comments but twice as much pictures and sigs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:07 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Satchboy wrote:
Here's what happens when you allow sigs... with pics.

Guitar World forums :roll:

There's about 20 lines of actual comments but twice as much pictures and sigs.

While that's indeed disturbing, we were just talking about adding some quoted text =P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:29 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

I think ditching signatures was a good thing.

Post subject: Re: WARNING: Scammed by Paypal (3K+)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:45 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

linktriforce007 wrote:
So, this is how it all went down. On ebay, I was selling my XPS M1730 laptop for $3299.99. Pretty humble price, seeing as how I purchased it for quite a bit more, having maxed it out at the time of purchase.

Meanwhile, there's a guy who buys it, and I'm psyched cause I pocketed $3300! Turns out the guy was a scammer. This is where the problems began.

My account was locked because they had to confirm any suspicions. In order to prove I was I, I had to scan them my birth certificate, S.S. card (because some guy from India had my S.S Number, which I have NEVER given out before except to doctors , employers, and my bank.) , my driver's license, confirm my bank account, and give them my blood type!

See, this is what I didn't get.

a.) Why they needed my blood type. This brings literal term to "writing things in blood".

b.) I was the one scammed. Not them. Why did they lock MY account?

Well, I was selling various other things at the time. So here I had sitting in my account about $4500.00 and I can't put it in my bank account or anything. Lucky I didn't send out my computer.

Well, after all was said it done, they refused to refund my account, all my stuff that I sent out before was gone, and the money was lost.

This is just a warning to those who might find themselves lucky. Even if you've been loyal to them, they don't care. Who are you? What do you benefit them? Maybe 1K out of fees? Whoopdie doo to them! They are a company that is crooked and pro-scammer, no matter what they'll tell you.

Thanks a lot Paypal for screwing me over.

Paypal Employees, how can you sleep at night?

Never had to give my blood type. I have had to verify the last four digits of my bank account number and my birthday, though, which isn't much out of the ordinary. I'd say that any company like PayPal or something similar (other than maybe a hospital or doctor) that needs a copy of your birth certificate is probably a scam or some sly person or company. The only people who I know who would need them are doctors, hospitals, and the police/law enforcement, not a funds transfering company like PayPal.

But then again, I only sell smaller priced items on ebay (under $100).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:41 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Unless they had your blood-type on file how would they be able to use it as verification that you are who you say you are? Do you have to give them your blood-type when you sign up for pay-pal? What about a urine sample and proctology exam?

I'm glad I don't use pay-pal. There is nothing I need to buy/sell online that badly that I would go through that kind of nonsense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:31 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Paypal does suck ass. See the referenced "paypalsucks.com".

I had my paypal account hacked and had about 40 Warcraft subscriptions linked to it. I had to have my bank block all future paypal transactions... then they had the nerve to demand I pay $400 for the paypal account being overdrawn from the fraud. I had to tell them I refuse to pay for a fraudulent payment. they threatened to report it on my credit and take legal action. To which I replied that if my bank has found it to be fraudulent, I"m sure a jury would too... and gave them my lawyer's phone number if they wanted to play. They have yet to back their threats.